main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for Lincoln Fan Force T-shirt Logo - We need your Input!

Discussion in 'Archive: Lincoln, NE' started by Jedi_Liz, Mar 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    The first meeting of the Lincoln Fan Force took place today @ Gateway Mall. Among the topics discussed were sponsorship and ideas for a logo for the t-shirt.

I had two ideas that I shared with the group:

-Our state Capitol, but instead of the Sower, a Jedi Knight standing on the top

-A picture of a person in a husker football uniform, but instead of a football helmet or a football, he/she is holding an X-Wing Pilot's helmet and has a padawan braid hanging from his/her head.

Please input your ideas as we will need to be getting the t-shirt done before the movie comes out.

2. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Whoa... You're really fast :) I still like the first idea of the capital!! [face_love] It would look so neat!

3. SamsGirl

SamsGirl Jedi Youngling

Jan 25, 2002
    way to go Liz, you're on top of things! lol, I also like the 1st idea:) now, all we need is an artist...

4. paperclipx

paperclipx Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2001
    Congrats on your first meeting! Soon together we can rule the fanforce as.....sorry, got a little carried away!

The t-shirt ideas sound great, we too are finishing up our t's. If any of you would be interested trading shirts, let us know. Also, if any of you are going to SWC2, there are several other chapters looking to trade shirts as well.

5. Arwen_Evenstar

Arwen_Evenstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    thanx paperclipx :) I think trading shirts would be fun

Liz - my vote is for the Jedi on the capitol :D

6. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    Okay, I just looked in my phone book (from December 1999-2000) and found a few businesses that do screen printing.

-A Quali-tee Screen Printing Co

-QuikT's

-ArtFx (high quality @ Competitive Price)

-Eclipse Screenprinting and Embroidery

-ScreenInk (they have a website, I'll go check it out)

-ScreenCo (they also have a website)

And, some of these places are able to do baseball hats - so, in the future, if we want hats, we could probably do that

Oh, and yes, I met a friend of Crisi83 (who expressed interest in the FanForce) and she LOVED the capitol w/ Jedi Knight logo idea.

We still need to find someone to do the logo, and its possible that 'TalonSquadLeader' (who no longer lives here in Lincoln) could do our logo for us.

I'll let him know when we have a final logo decided on.

7. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    To use a Jedi on our shirts I think we need to get official permission from LFL. I'm not exactly sure how to do this but I can find out when we get to that point :)

For plays, etc. we generally get shirts from either Quick T's or screen co. The shirts usually cost us between 10 and 15 dollars a piece.

8. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    about screenco - I looked at their website last night and they didn't list t-shirts....did I miss something?

Okay, can you get t-shirts in both long and short sleeves? I'd probably get both. :)

Yeah, the jedi thing - what if we drew our own jedi instead? Would we still have to get permission?

Would our RSA know?

9. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    Hmm... maybe we didn't get them from screen co, I may be confused (it happens quite a bit!) But wherever we get them we should be able to get both long and short sleeves.

Even if we drew our own I think we need permission. I got my info from this thread. And it never hurts to be safe :)

10. Arwen_Evenstar

Nov 6, 2000
    just a thought - I love the idea of the jedi on the capital, but if we want shirts done quickly and without any legal hassles we always have the option of just designing a logo and not doing any complicated graphics. This would be much easier, especially if we don't find an artist in the near future.

11. Jedi_Liz

Apr 24, 2000
    well,that takes us back to square one - back to trying to figure out what to use for our logo.

Talon Squad Leader, a former Lincoln-ite (and someone who posted here a few times) said that if we had an idea, then he might be able to design a logo for us.

We just need to get it figured out so I can send him the idea (through a PM).

And, I think the jedi in a husker uniform would be way too complicated.

hmmmmmmmmm

okay, we need to rethink our logo. That's why I wish that we had more members! :(

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Another thought would be that we had the capital idea, but just had a person (the sower??) on the top with a lightsaber. I know other FanForces have had lightsabers on their t-shirts, but I don't think that they have gotten in trouble. But on the other hand, a simple logo would be easier... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.