main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for new Sci-Fi series

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by MasterDillon, Aug 18, 2011.

1. MasterDillon

MasterDillon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 28, 2010
    We need a good Sci-Fi series to come on the air. If you could name any what would it be?

2. Magellan_the_Cat

Magellan_the_Cat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    Farscape Season 5.

The Founding of Earthdome and the PsiCorps
    The Centari Invasion

Star Trek: Excelsior

Star Wars: A series without George Lucas making disastrous creative decisions

Supers: a comic-character series in which super powers are new, but people have read comic books and understand them. They are happy to have powers, and aren't a bunch of emo whiners!

3. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    A B5 series set during the Dhilgar and Mimbari Wars could be interesting.

This. I'd love to see a Trek series set during the original cast movie era.

4. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    a B5 series about the last Shadow War where Valen shows up halfway through and the Vorlons are still the good guys and shadows the bad.

5. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Warhammer 40K

If they can do live action BSG(new) with special effects that good then perhaps a live action Robotech tv series is possible.

D&D. I mean come on, can no one give D&D some tv love? I am shocked there has not already been a live action series.

6. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I've always had ideas for a new Lost In Space TV series. All I know is it wouldn't be as campy as the original series, but would still have a fun action-adventure vibe to it.

7. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    A good D&D series could be fun.

And they can bring back any classic show, but please don't put the whiney emo vibe to it. damn that's annoying.
    LiS movie, BSG, ST:U, JJA Trek, Survivors...
    Gah!!!

8. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    A TV series based on the Alpha Centauri computer game.

9. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    How about a new Blake's7?
    Wasn't that in the works already?

How about a pulp-era adventure show? High-seas, "darkest Africa", high-society and spies, Cowboys on the frontier... You could even work them all together. Brisco County Jr put together western&scifi.

How about the later adventures of Brisco County Jr?

The Shadow... Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? and Women?

The Nightlife... Vampires, WereWolves, Wyghts, Daemons, and more, alive and killing in NYC (and the rest of the world). Another RPG-based game. None of the annoying vampire clans & master/slave stuff. Politics decided by how they view humanity, and how they want to control it.

A space colony show in which the main characters are not kids. (OK, maybe one or 2 kid-based eps, but they should not be the main focus of the show).

10. Arutha2321

Arutha2321 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    I'd love a TV adaptation of John Constantine's adventures from Hellblazer. :)

11. Likewater

Likewater Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2009
    An adaptation of several Star Trek novels would be nice, anything from Vangaurd, New Frontieer, to the 'Destiny' series and the final borg arch.

And original series dealing with own solarsystems development, akin to Cowboy beebop in its setting, or Firefly set in the Sol system.

12. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I would love to see a series of hard scifi based around the exploration of the solar system.

13. DarthVengeant

DarthVengeant Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2004
    The SyFy channel has turned into a Political Agenda driven garbage camp. Nearly ALL of their shows in the past few years have been saturated with liberal political agendas. Even Sanctuary had an episode with it recently. Instead of trying to make good Science Fiction, they are more about brainwashing their viewers and making moral or political statements.

As of now there are NO "Space Opera" shows on television with Stargate Universe gone. It is very sad and disgusting to see how things can be hijacked and ruined like this.

I used to watch the "Sci-Fi" channel all the time, but now it's worth about as much as watching fish swim in a tank all day. G4 has gone the same route.

What would I like to see? A weekly 30 min Star Wars The Old Republic show with the animators of The Old Republic CG trailers. Those trailer are better than all three prequels combined, so just imagine a TV show done that good. It would prove even more how George Lucas lost his "touch" long ago and it's time to pass the reigns on to better people.

14. Magellan_the_Cat

Jul 21, 2003
    Sounds like we have more good ideas here than any of the networks.

I don't care if the show is on SyFy or any other channel, just so long as there is a good show on somewhere!

15. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    Battletech-The Clan Wars.

16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    What about rebooting The Starlost. I think this is a great idea.

17. WormieSaber

WormieSaber Jedi Master star 5

Oct 22, 2000
    I wish they would bring back Stargate Atlantis. It won't happen, but this was one of the few Sci-Fi shows that I watched on a regular basis. I'd also like to see something more geared towards history and science fiction, with both blended in.

18. Nagai

Nagai Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2010
    A The Lost Fleet series.

19. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    That or an Honor Harrington series.