Tucson Ideas for possible appearances

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by KickingnScreaming, Jul 30, 2006.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    Marlena and I... on Jack's good advice went to the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure planning meeting tonight, we got some information on this event, it will be held in April and they do have a children's section for entertainment purposes, so while it is a marathon, if we vote and decide to see if these people would like to have us we would not have to walk or run, just do photo ops and maintain a booth.
  2. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR, and avast there, mateys! Just for a point of clarification, ye swabs, a MARATHON run be considered as 26.2 miles, as the albatross flies. The Susan G. Komen race, from my previous experience, has only been a 3.1 mile (or 5 Kilometer) event, with options for running or for walking. Shiver me timbers, wench, ye put the fear of Davy Jones' locker (as opposed to Peter Tork's knapsack, or Mickey Dolenz' closet)in me when ye casually throw about terms like marathon.
  3. firstsonofsolo Jedi Master

star 4
    AAAAARRRRRRR we not be trooping a marathon with bein as we have peg elgs and all AAAARRRRRRRRRRR Now Im going to eat a whole bushel of apples!
  4. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    the event is a marathon and a carnival atmosphere, the people that are asked to entertain the participants are not required to run/walk.. but yes we can have a team walk/run if we would like to.
  5. thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Master

star 4

Sorry, Cat, but I think you are confusing the term "marathon" with the term "competitive race". The Susan G. Komen is NOT A MARATHON! A marathon race is a SPECIFIC DISTANCE of 26.2 miles. SGK has THREE EVENTS: A TIMED EVENT (competitive) of 3.1 miles(5K); a NON-TIMED "fun" run and/or walk of 3.1 miles(5K); and (I could be wrong on this one) a 1 mile "fun" run/walk for the kiddies.

I just do not want people scared away from possibly participating in this event by the term "marathon", because 3.1 miles do not a marathon make. And, as you pointed out, if we do decide to go there to entertain people, it is NOT REQUIRED that we run/walk at all.
  6. cathiecat Force Ghost

star 4
    gotcha :) thank you for clarifying and correcting my error.
  7. JediObiKat Jedi Master

star 3
    A fun run sounds like fun!

-I would be the Jedi in tennis shoes!
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby