main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hou, TX Ideas for promoting ourselves

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by _erikstormtrooper_, Dec 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _erikstormtrooper_

_erikstormtrooper_ Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2006
    I just noticed on the Rebelscum home page that the Tampa Star Wars Collectors club has a post promoting an activity they're having:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Connect_With_Tampa_Star_Wars_Fans_Collectors_119236.asp

If we did something like this, it might be a good way to get some fresh blood in our group.

Some random ideas for promoting ourselves:

2. getting a table at apollo-con

3. having some of our 501st guys pass out a flier at their next event

4. getting some t-shirts made

5. Anybody else got any ideas?

6. Danpa_Wamem

Danpa_Wamem Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2005
    I think those are great ideas. When is that con (you mentioned) by the way? Depending on when it is I may be able to help out then.

7. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Thanks

Apollocon (http://www.apollocon.org/) is usually in the summer. So we have plenty of time to see what we want to do about that.

8. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    Gala likes this.
  9. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    I thought of that as well, but I've never been, so I don't know if a LOT of Houston people go there. Would it be worth it? People would have to be willing to man the table the whole time.

10. TI1420

TI1420 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 5, 2002
    There's All-Con as well, and one can have a static display at a table with a tri-fold info thing. But having someone sit at the table is really the best thing.

We could design a logo, print up some flyers, and post them at local comic & game shops. Maybe find some university groups/bulletin boards as well.

I'll encourage some friends of mine to register and post every once in a while.

11. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I've planned to go the past two years and every time something comes up where I've had to cancel everything (hotel room, etc.) I'm going to try and go again in 2009, but if I remember right it's (Fans Days) is not until October so there is a lot of time to get something together.

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    You guys should try working something out with the LEGO Store; I know they have one or two weekends coming up that are Star Wars themed.

13. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Good suggestion. I wonder though how they would feel about people handing out non-Lego fliers.

14. Danpa_Wamem

May 2, 2005
    I checked the Lego Store website and did not see anything on the calendar events listing.

15. StormMoose

StormMoose Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 12, 2005
    Flyers sound good and we might try and see if Third Planet would let us post one there.

16. _erikstormtrooper_

May 26, 2006
    Good idea, David. I think Third Planet would be even better than the Lego store.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.