main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA Ideas for Raffle Prizes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedi_onasi, Mar 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Hey everyone! :D
    Here's the deal: our next two big events, Free Comic Book Day (No official thread just yet) and Star Wars Day @ the Paul A. Biane Library, are coming up and we need prizes for the raffles that we do.

The issue is that we are planning on purchasing an EZ-Up, which was discussed at the meeting, and it costs a bit of money. This will more than likely deplete our funds, so we will have to be creative here.

If you have anything to donate or just have ideas of what we could get to raffle, please speak up. This is when we need all those great minds in the group to come together. (Cue The Beatles!) ;)

The big draw to our table is the raffle and with no raffle, we'll have a hard time getting people over to come check out our great group. So please, please, please give us some input.

Thanks!

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Very good posting Nikol!=D= :)

We've got enough money to buy an EZ UP from the funds from our coffer. I'll be buying one this week. We've used Kari's EZ UP long enough and even though she's let the group use it, to continue to use hers when we should buy one isn't right to Kari.

That said, this will deplete our funds and as Nikol has pointed out, this leaves us with no funds to purchase anything for our raffles starting with FCBD and ending with SWD in Rancho.

We could each find a $10 Star Wars item and we could put the items all together and have a gift basket for starters. I've got Star Wars action figures and some really cool posters but I'm not putting them up for raffle if noboby else is going to participate in this part of the events.

I say this not to be mean or petty but we all need to do our part to support the group we all belong to. I'm going to see about possibly getting some stuff donated as well.

So as Nikol has said, this is your time to shine and come up with ideas for what YOU can bring to the table. This is your group, if we all do a little then we'll have alot!:)

3. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    I know that we still owe for the rest of our dues. Not sure how much that is. I know I can find some Star Wars stuff that I can donate. I will try to get on the boards more often so I can keep up with everything.

4. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I know im the new guy here but how about a bake sale at the table with a raffle?? would the library let the group cook some burgers to sell.

I as well will dig through my things..

5. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Thanks for the idea!
    Everyone likes food. Maybe that's something to look into and see if it will be worth the cost.
    :D

6. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    I can volunteer to make a cake or cupcakes someone else can get sodas and we can sell them for $1.00 a cupcake and a soda together?

7. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    I'll ask about food, though don't be surprised if the word permits comes up a lot. Another idea (not an Adam-Original) is corporate donations of stuff, which you then publicize avoiding (i would think) a lot of city restrictions and red-tape (i don't think that idea was originally mine either, and i'm pretty sure i didn't mention it).

8. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    I forgot about that thing called a permit...

9. librarywalker

librarywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    Food was nixed.

10. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    Lets raffle off dinner dates with a member of your choosing

11. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
  12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Awesome Idea...Kisses are extra!:* [face_laugh]

13. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    We want your input folks! What ideas can you come up with for the raffle? Please have some ideas and bring them to the April 25th meeting!:D

14. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    We have 2 1/2 or 3 weeks for star wars day has anyone found anything for the raffle I may have an extra talking yoda and I found 3 comic books from episode III.

Mike did you want to do a big bundle or would you like me to do a little bundle so we can try to get more tickets sold? I don't mind either one.

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    There's nothing really needed on this one Jesse, thanks. We're gonna raffle the six tickets I have for SW in Concert as well as whatever items that we get donated from the other vendors like we did last year. Thanks for offering though:)

16. LordMarduk

Mar 18, 2007
    That's great Mike I'll save them for the next raffle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.