Ideas for second meeting

Discussion in 'Chattanooga, TN' started by Southernjedi, Nov 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    OK. The first meeting Sunday was a great success. It's time to plan the second meeting. Here's the thread to discuss ideas on what to do and when to meet.

I offer the use of my house in Cleveland. It's easy to find, right off the interstate. I'll even grill up some steak and veggies if you'd like, or we can do pizza. Or, we can go watch a movie, James Bond, Harry Potter, whatever. I'm totally flexible on activities.

The week of December 8 is the best for me, if it's an evening event. With our work schedules, a quick afternoon event could be feasible as well.

Anyway, just post away and say what you think.
  2. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Hey SJ- Great to hear the news about meeting #1. Let's hear how it went.

Tell us all about it!
  3. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Not much to tell, but here it is.

We had three FanForce members--Obivolkenobi, ElmoRider and me, plus another person not a member (I hope to recruit her at some point).

We watched Clones on DVD and some Japanese anime, and talked Star Wars, plus had Papa Johns.

I'm really pleased to finally have launched our drive to create a FanForce. Two meetings are left, and we could be official by the end of the year! My biggest objective is to continue drawing members in to meet new people and keep the chapter alive.

There are several more people from this area on the boards, but I haven't succeeded in persuading them to join -- yet.

EDIT: One thing for discussion should be whether we want a custom user icon. Many FanForce chapters have their own special icon that distinguishes their members from other users. You can check the Knoxville forum for an example of this.

Also, we can start thinking of a chapter nickname. I have several ideas and will bring them up at the meeting. Knoxville is the Voltroopers; Nashville is Nashville after Darth; Memphis is the Suspicious Mind Trick.
  4. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
  5. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Possible meeting ideas:

* Meal and a movie (or ball game) at my place

* Movie theater

* Local attraction like aquarium, Rock City, etc.

* Build a LEGO Millennium Falcon -- I've had one for a while but haven't had time to build it but am dying to!

Basically, whatever you guys want to do. :D
  6. Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Keep the ideas coming. Now that the holidays are over, having fan meetings is great for those "post-holiday blues." ;)
  7. Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Hey all! :)

Like Allie Fox said, now that the holidays are over, it's time to kick things back into gear! :D

As always, if any of you have any questions, please don't hesitate to send me a private message or send an e-mail to minacia@fanforce.net.
  8. Rocket2600 Jedi Padawan

Hello all. Just joined the board and I'm interested in helping form the Cleveland/Chattanooga club. I live here in Cleveland and can help organize any events. I'm also interested in a fanfilm project (I have a script and storyboards in the works). =)
  9. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Welcome to the boards, Rocket! :)

I might be able to meet late this month or early March, on the weekends. Anything work for you?
  10. Rocket2600 Jedi Padawan

I'm kinda' bust til end of the month also. We just got a new apartment and are going to be moving and getting everything setup. Still interested in the club idea. Anything I can do to help, just ask. Anyone else in the Chatt/Cleveland TN area?

11. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    First weekend of march sounds good to me so far. There is another..........Chattanooga area person who might be able to attend a meeting. Rocket, if you know in a week or so that a certain weekend works, we might be able to set it up.
  12. Jar Jar Jedi Master

star 4
    I hope you guys manage to get together.. A close FF chapter would be cool! :)
  13. Southernjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    It won't be anytime soon, Jar Jar. We had momentum, but it's kind of evaporated for now. Maybe this summer after I get married and settled down....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.