main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for September meet.

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    i`m gonna throw this to the wolves. as you may or may not be aware, i need as much notice as possible to arrange time off work to be able to make meets , as i am certain everyone else does too.

we need to arrange to meet somewhere we can ALL get to, somewhere relatively inexpensive, but preferably with an activity we can all be involved in (preferably with a bar :p )

anytime in september would be good, but it has to be somewhere we can ALL make it to, as some members have travel issues (you know who you are :p ).

i figured that the earlier we start to bounce ideas around the sooner we can get something sorted out and arranged to make everyone happy, it would be great to have the entire chapter together once again.

i would like to throw my 2p in and offer up some suggestions,

bowling?
    a meal?
    laser quest?
    a piss up at star city? (every-one made it for the first meet, and we could go bowling, watch a movie, and then go for a meal/piss up, or combination there-of)

its up to ALL of us to come to a concrete agreement, that suits ALL of us, because at the end of the day, its ALL of us who make this chapter what it is, AND what it will be.

guys, its over to you.

[face_peace]

2. Tay-Mar

Tay-Mar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    Bowling followed by a meal and the drink sounds like a great idea Dave, all we need now is a suitable location for this social event along with a date and time.

I'm not up to speed with local bowling facilities in Brum, I know there's one in Bloxwich that would be handy for Mark, Tom and myself although last time I was there I wasn't overly impressed with the place, perhaps a search of the local bowling alley's is in order.

Have you ever been to the Bowlplex in Broadway Plaza Dave, just looked at their website and it could be just what we're looking for, prices aren't bad either the only issues could be parking and or drop off/collection. The only reason I've suggested there is because we seem to have slipped into the use of Star City even though the centre manager isn't really that keen on us being there after the Lightsaber thing but if the other members would rather use Star City I don't have a problem with it.

3. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    can i just add to my above post and say that saturdays are virtually out for me, due to work.

4. elelith

elelith Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 17, 2005
    Does this meet exclude under 18's or not?

5. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    definately not. the purpose of this thread is to come to some sort of agreement on a place to meet where everybody can get to, and get in. if you can think of somewhere to meet that we can all get to then fire away with an idea :)

i like the idea of bowling, but where would be the best place for us all?

6. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    Bowling sound great, as for getting there. My parents hate Star Wars and think I am a complete loser for even joining this forum and so Dave will have to give me a lift. So I can go where ever he can go.

7. jangofett9

jangofett9 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2004
    As long as there is a meet before the 26th as thats when i go to Uni...would be nice to have one last meet before I go off to the larger world....

8. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    Yes that might be nice. I would like to meet you before I have to miss you.

9. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    awwwww how nice are you?!

10. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    I do try my best. Although some people namely Dave would disagree. I am sometimes.

11. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    as of today, somewhere cheap ;)

12. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
  13. veritasuk

veritasuk Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2004
    Well Guys I am fully booked every weekend in Sept so I may have to miss this one, I am in Brum 9-11th Sept for a hen weekend if any one wants to meet up?

14. jangofett9

Jan 23, 2004
    sounds fun to me..........for obvious reasons!:p

15. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Is that all weekend or only for some of it? so the best time if the 9th - 11th september! i dont know what days those are but isy and i will be at school be then so due to other people i think friday night or sunday of that weekend is the best for everyone! is there anything good on at the cinema soon?

16. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
  17. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    Yeah, I forgot about school, it will have to be at the weekend.

18. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    No way! it was **** the first tme round! i wished they hadnt brought it out again

19. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    True, that is a crap movie, most movies out at the moment are crap. The movie industry has gone down hill.

20. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    that movie looks great!!

mutter.......youth of today.......grumble.......

wait till later, you will be in the minority, you`ll see.

21. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    hello. have you every seen the orginal? it will be impossible to make it any better! and it was rubbish to start with

22. Lord-Wiz

May 20, 2005
    i was watching the dukes of hazzard before you were born. it was great then and this looks great too.

* fingers in ears * not listening. LALALALALALA

23. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    you look like elan doing that lol

24. elelith

Aug 17, 2005
    Some movies are always good, some are always bad, some are good but then they are remade bad and some are bad remade good. This is the way of things. But I don't like the girl in the new Dukes of Hazzard.

25. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    thats the only good part of the whole movie lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.