Ideas for September meet.

Discussion in 'Midlands and Wales' started by Lord-Wiz, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
  2. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    the scary thing was that he went straight to a full monty! and considering most of us are guys.

*u turn*

is everyone bringing their lightsabers because i want to try a bit of dueling.
  3. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    There will be no lightsaber dueling at this meet, or any public meet in the future. As I understand it, the management of Star City made a request that we not do that, as their insurance does not cover it. We also have no liability insurance should someone hit a passerby.

Should we have any private meets, such as bbqs etc, at peoples homes, then they can approve whether or not duels are allowed. Also, there will be no duelling at all until the underage permission forms are sorted. That way if you hurt yourself Dave, we're not responsible. This is exactly the reason we need the underage forms.
  4. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    Just as a matter of interest, when we go to NSC can i take my saber even though i wont duel with it or anything? or are they not having sabers full stop?

and also i thought the meeting at star city was a private meeting. i mean how many passers by will there be?

and i do understand your wanting not to be sued dont worry.
  5. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    A private meeting means not in a public venue. i.e. everywhere is pretty much a public venue, except members homes.

With regards to NSC, sabers are acceptable as part of a costume, but if you are seen dueling, by either us or the event organisers (NSC/UKG) then you will be ejected from the place. Full stop, no arguments. Remember that this event is being organised by the UKG and that the FF is there by invite only.

Also remember that whilst you are there as a member of the FF, you will not be attending in an official capacity. This will be explained more at the Sunday meeting.
  6. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    if i get what your saying then thats Ok with me. i dont mind helping out but i also want to take part in stuff that the UKg is doing so thats fine.

The NSC is definately something to put on them meeting list
  7. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    table is booked. 5pm sunday 18th. 12 people, although there is room for manouver on the number of seats required - one way or another.
  8. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks Dave, do we owe you anything for booking the table Dude ?

Ok folks there you have it 5pm at the Mexican Place, Star City, last one in buys the drinks and mines a coke please Tom !
  9. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    I think the drinks will be on sum1 else...i think you forget im a poor scruffy student now! [face_batting] i have to live up to my name!
  10. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    Hunky gory. Be there or be non circular.
  11. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    can i be square instead?:p
  12. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    and if izzy and i are last (if we come) we dont count because we are expected to be pennyless.
    I hope i can go. i'll know in 3 days.
    Thanks for booking the table
  13. elelith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I love the way Dave just suddenly assumes that I agree witgh everything he says. As it happens I am broke but I would like to have my own say in future. Thanks Wizzy for organising everything so well. Good on you!
  14. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    How are you expected to be pennyless? you kids you always have money from mom and dad...i know i bloody do! just go "mom......dad.......i need some money otherwise ill look an idiot and be left out and you wouldnt want that would you?"
    its us older ones who have the right to say we are skint!

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!:mad::mad::mad::mad::_|
    How stupid am I?!!!!! ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! for gods sake!!!!
    Guys im so stupid! Im sorry i won't be able to make it.......Im doing the bloody show that day!!Les Miserables for a guy I knew who passed away from cancer..... oh im sooo stupid...wanted to see all you guys before i went.......OMG im so annoyed right now.......I'm sorry but unless sum people want to do this saturday i really cant make it.......im so stupid!!!And i think its too short notice to change things now......... how could i forget they are on the same day!!!!:_|:_|
  15. orn-free-tada Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Jairen posted on 9/11/05 4:46am

/>

[face_laugh][face_laugh]. Brilliant!/>/>
  16. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    thats not funny its fun spoiling! i'm sorry you can't come! i think izzy was looking forward to meeting everyone. oh well.
  17. veritasuk Jedi Master

star 4
    Tom, I see your Blonde gene kicked in
  18. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    exaclty what I said to martin earlier V....seems I won't get to say goobye after all! :_|
  19. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
  20. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    :_| why oh why?
    you better be at the meeting we have after this one!
  21. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    Errr Dave, Tom goes to Uni in Bedfordshire next week, that means we won't see him, unless we go to Collectormainia at the end of this month, until Christmas time. So you might not get to see him for quite a while and I'm sure he's real upset about that ! :rolleyes:
  22. rebeljediknight_88 Force Ghost

star 4
    i know. thats why i hope he attnds the next meet because we will miss him. and whats the :rolleyes: for???
  23. Lord-Wiz Jedi Master

star 4
    how will he make the next meet if he`s in bedford? that`s what the :rolleyes: is for, as we seem to be going round in circles. you just don`t seem to understand the most simple things.

:rolleyes:
  24. Tay-Mar Jedi Master

star 4
    /me sits and watches the concept of SARCASM zoom at a great speed over David's head and into the wild blue yonder. :rolleyes:
  25. jangofett9 Force Ghost

star 4
    jeez its times like these im glad im moving away.......

joke of course i wish i wasnt n wish i hadnt been so stupid to bloody say sunday when at the back of my mind i knew i cudnt do it...it just never clicked! dam my brain dam it to hell! but yeah we will have to have a christmas meet and i can bring you all festive gifts from my travels!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.