main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for Social Events

Discussion in 'Archive: King of Prussia, PA' started by Calixte, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calixte

Calixte Jedi Youngling star 4

May 3, 2002
    I thought of some new ideas:

Magic of Myth exhibit in NYC....great for a family event!

2. TheRenCapt

TheRenCapt Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2002
    I never saw this exhibit -- count me as
    interested.

mb
    TheRenCapt

3. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Other ideas include a dinner party, wine party, OT screening and going to the PA Ren Faire.

Feel free to add your suggestions to this thread! We want a good mix of events for singles, families and everyone together!

J

4. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    You know I'm always up for a good FanFilm screening. There are a couple hours worth of AMAZING films around that extext the Star Wars story. (Not to mention put the TV specials to shame.)

Have fun.

5. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    If you all are interested in the PA Ren Faire, let me know. I can get discount tickets (price will depend on number of people interested From $20- $15 per person).

6. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Ok, now in the works:

Lightsaber Building Workshop with your host, PadawanNick. Tentatively scheduled for sometime in August or September. Nick is currently on working up some dates AND he's got a pool so stay tuned!

FanFilm Screening with FanFilms collected and put onto DVD by Nick. Tentatively scheduled for sometime in September or October.

Also, anyone interested in going to PA Ren Faire anytime between August and it's closing in October, let me know. I go in costume sometimes and it's a ton of fun. Fun for the little ones aged 5 and over too!

Calixte

7. Frito

Frito Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2002
    My backyard is always open for a weekend BBQ. I grill a mean burger, or veggie burger, or chicken, or salmon steak, or ... well you get the idea.

Any interest? Any date in particular?

Cheers,

Dave

8. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Any chance we can take a vote for when we want the lightsabre workshop to be? I was hoping for September...but I guess it really is up to Nick.

Also, the BBQ idea sounds fun as well as the Ren Faire.

9. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Nick, why don't you email me some dates for the lightsaber building and I'll set up a poll so we can vote. Natasha is away the whole month of August so I understand her wanting it in September.

:)

10. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Anyone interested in the Ren faire, please let me know by the 13th I can get discount tickets, less than 10 people will be $20 per ticket ($2 less than at the gate) 10-14 people $18 15 a ticket or more $15 a ticket. I have access to a limited number (around 20 tickets) so if interested let me know.. LOL we should get the 501st to come and we should all go in costume :D Star Wars costumes

11. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Ok Ok the Star Wars costume thing was a joke.. Sort of.. I have a LOT of friends that either work at the Faire or have season passes. I keep joking with them that I'm gonna show up there in my Jedi costume. But seriously if you have one or can put one together, come in period costume, it's a lot of fun. Em and I will be there in costume as well.

12. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Dave,
    BBQ sounds great! Why don't you let me know a date, what you're cooking and we'll bring the sides...How about a Sunday afternoon in August?

Once you give me a date I'll get the word out!

J

13. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Anyone up for a Christmas party/social in December? Let me know and I'll start planning it..

14. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    Anyone for the PA Ren Fair on any of the following Saturdays?

July 27, August 3 or August 10?

Oh, and anyone wanna go in costume?

15. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    Ren faire doesn't open til Aug 17 I believe.

16. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Faire opens August 17th this year and runs to Oct 20th. My wife and I will be there in costume just pick a date, we'll be there opening weekend, and several during season.

17. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    **Update on Ren Faire tickets**

I can lock in the price at $15 per ticket (from 1 to 20 tickets at this price)-(they are $21.95 at the gate)I have access to 20 tickets at this price. but I need to know how many I need by this Saturday the 13th.

18. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    I'll take two!

19. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    I'll take 1 adult & 1 child tics. Thanx alot!! :)

20. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    For what date though?

21. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    The Tickets I have are good for the whole season soo, just pick a date we can all go.

22. Calixte

May 3, 2002
    the date is listed under the scheduled events thread...

i chose september 7 for the group. hope that is ok with everyone...it's the weekend after labor day.

j

23. TenguJedi

Jan 29, 2002
    Sounds good to me.

24. iycis

Jan 7, 2002
    I'll be at a Highland Games that weekend. Oh well. I'll be going to the Faire at some point anyway, even if its not with the group.

25. Jacen_Solo3

Jacen_Solo3 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2001
    I am working on organizing a Sci-Fi Costume party. I have friends from the area who are going to be there, but don't necessarily like SW...but i could use some ideas, and maybe some help with resources...I'm posting this here because i thought this would be a great social event...I would charge 3 dollars for entry though...one for the renting of the hall (wherever it happens to be) one dollar for donation to childrens charity, and if it is at a church (some churches have HUGE gymnasium or auditorium facilities) then a dollar for the church. I want it to be a non-alcohol affair (is this a good idea) but i want there also to be things from more than just starwars...like a klingon joust or a time machine or laser tag. let me know what you all think. I'd like to shoot for sometime around halloween...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.