Ideas for Star Wars games in 2012

Discussion in 'Games' started by JFuchs77, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Jedi_Matt Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_praying]

I'm shocked there haven't been more Clone Wars games. That era is just crying out for a Total War makeover.

Though, to be honest, any era is due to the perpetual war on offer!
  2. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    New X-Wing would be nice of course, or actually Separatist Commando, where you play as the morally correct side of the Clone Wars. ;)
  3. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
    But the separatist forces are all droids. You'd be playing a robot. :(
  4. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    Not sure if you where being sarcastic ^^ even the movies show us none droid forces, EU has lots of them and the Republic Commandos game itself had those well trained Trandoshan warriors and Geonosian soldiers.
  5. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
    I wasn't being sarcastic, but the main foil for the heroes in the prequels are droids. AOTC has those Geonosian bug creatures as well, but who would want to play as them? I can't remember the living Separatist forces in ROTS, because I haven't watched that one as many times as the others. But I will say that if they're too unlike humans (i.e. they have wings, four arms, are a lot smaller than humans etc), it's gonna be a tough sell.
  6. Gorefiend Chosen One

star 5
    You can easly get a mixed race team :) they can even throw in a Mando for the Fandalorians.
  7. Vader_vs_Maul Force Ghost

star 3
  8. Shepherd492 Jedi Master

star 1
    Something Vong war or beyond, not nearly enough stuff in the post-NJO timeline at the moment.
  9. SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Darth Maul will be getting a game now and the on-disc, pay-to-play DLC will include his brother, Savage Oppress. I have foreseen it.[face_mischief]
  10. JFuchs77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe a new Rogue Squadron video game.
  11. Mizore Jedi Knight

A new series of action-adventure games in the third person, with the combat system of Jedi Knight, but the force powers as powerful as in The Force Unleashed. The game could be called Jedi Master.
  12. Jalicejade Jedi Knight

star 2
    I'd like to see a new MMORPG with a storyline like SW:TOR, the ability to make/craft your own guild cities with houses/furniture/municipal buildings/bunkers/vehicles that you can attack with the opposite faction like the old version of SWG, the ability to form Jedi/Sith councils with ranks that you achieve through pvp, the choice between a lot of different species and whether you want to be a Jedi, BH, Trooper, pilot etc.. It must be replayable, have great graphics, regular updates, stable servers and of course it would be wonderful it was free other than the price of the game, but what is free anymore? :)
  13. darthzac14 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I've got something. A GAME!! I don't care what, Just a game of some sort. The last real IIRC is TOR
    Life likes this.
  14. Captain Price Jedi Youngling

I may get flack for this, but I think it is a sound idea. I'd love a sequel to Star Wars Rebellion. I mean, it had a ton of flaws, but it was still a really fun game - you commanded either the Rebellion or the Empire and waged war for dominance throughout the entire galaxy. Imagine a game of this sort set during the Clone Wars. I also imagine that such a game set in the Clone Wars would, if you played as the Republic, have a mechanism for you to maybe execute Order 66 and declare the Empire? Then again, in the first Rebellion game, Palpatine was a character, but not the player character. I think what'd be a great mechanism, with this in mind, would be for the player character to - through certain placement of certain Jedi characters - to either stop or support Order 66 and declaring the Empire. Anyways, digression finished, but that's just one mechanism a modern-day revamped Clone Wars-era Rebellion game could have. I for one think such a game would be awesome. What do you guys think?
    Last edited by Captain Price, Mar 4, 2013
  15. Ender Sai Chosen One

star 9
    These are all great ideas guys, and will ensure that the shameful decade of the 90s in SW games is forgotten in favour of the glorious and deep last decade in games. :)