main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for stories about first ten years of Empire's reign.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AussieRebel, May 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Hapes was NEVER conquered. It was attacked by the Empire several times and because of its secure position and only one route inside, they could defend it every time, even capturing Imperial stardestroyers!!!!!!!!! That was discussed already in another topic and proven there.

2. Gladiuus

Gladiuus Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2003
    Sigh... here you go, CH (emphasis mine, all from CoPL):

"The first time Han had seen a Hapan warship, he had been smuggling guns with a small convoy fleet under the

command of Captain Rula. Since the Hapans hadn't yet fallen to the Empire, the smugglers had been using an

outpost in neutral territory near the borders of the Hapan star cluster, hoping that their proximity to the Hapans would

keep the Empire off their back."

In other words: Hapes fell to the Empire at a later date.

"...We needed someone brutal to fend off the Empire, and when we could not fend them off any longer, we needed

someone strong enough to hold our worlds together under the pressure of Imperial rule. My mother met those

needs. But her day is past. Now we need a queen mother strong enough to fight off my aunts, yet gentle enough

to lead through kindness.

Hapes was indeed conquered, although they were apparently allowed some degree of self-governance, at least in theory.

"...I couldn't let you marry a pacifist. She would be too weak to rule. Don't you see? If Hapes had had a stronger

military presence before the rise of the Empire-- as I always advocated-- we never would have fallen to the

Empire.
    Mealy-mouthed pacifists and diplomats nearly ruined our realm."

Hapes only built up their military after the Imperials left. Presumably the ISDs were captured in the chaos following the breakup of the Empire.

Straight from the horse's mouth. The Empire conquered and occupied the Hapes cluster for a decent period of time.

EDIT: Fixed some goofy characters.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    If there really were Jedi refugees on Reboah, or whatever it's called . . .

4. CeiranHarmony

CeiranHarmony Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 10, 2004
    Thx Gladiuus, ok you are right then, but why does the chronology and other sources state that the Cluster never was under Imperial rule, having closed boarders long before the clone wars and reopened them first in COPL? that is a contradiction and major continuity error then. though, you made your point. I´d have liked the Hapans more if they hadn´t been under Imperial rule. And I wonder why never anything appeared in EU, hinting at the Hapans being Imperial once. Their impressive technology and f.e. weapon of command, or their wealth. If the Empire really captured them, and they were such hard foes, why would it leave them so much of their own stuff and not use it for their galactic conquest? how and when was hapes captured? insider/gamer articles hint at grand admirals having a hard time fighting the hapans in the LATE days of the empire and loosing entire fleets to them, with many prominent leaders dying at their hands.

seems like the whole EU contradicts COPLs statement about that. weird.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.