main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for the LFP Forum

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey folks,

With Gobi stepping down and Indy IV now behind us, I wanted to address some issues and the path in which I plan to take for the future of the forum. I am open to your feedback and I encourage you all to participate in this discussion so we can make things better together. :)

-First of all, Indy IV has come and gone and I think it's time that we start to convert things back to the bigger picture. This includes uploading new banners to represent other projects besides Indy and perhaps even getting a name change. I think we can drop the "Indiana Jones 4" from the title and maybe go with something simple like "Indiana Jones and the Lucasfilm Projects." Of course, that is just one option and I'm open to your suggestions and input.

-The current Line by Line thread appears to be drawing a steady flow of traffic each day and I'm thinking maybe it's time we brought in more activities and games into the forum. This can include a trivia contest(similar to the ones currently running in the OT and PT forums with VIP prizes) and maybe a top 100 scenes countdown, using Indiana Jones as an example, that were overly popular in the other movie forums. Other suggestions for games/activities are welcomed.

-And finally, I plan to look over the thread index in the coming weeks and tweak things where I see necessary. As a part of this, I will also be going back through the autolocked threads and upping those I feel still have some potential to generate discussion.

Those are just some things I have on my mind at the moment. Nothing is set in stone and I'm always open to new ideas, so this is where you come in. Thoughts?

2. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    For games, one thing you could consider is an "Indiana Jones Scene Rewrite Contest" much like what goes on in the Prequel Trilogy and Classic Trilogy board. Could be interesting to write some new scenes or rewrite existing Indy scenes.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Huh, that's not a bad idea. It's definitely something that would present some interesting possibilities. I'll definitely consider that.

Anyone else?

4. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I have an Indiana Jones and the LucasFilm Projects banner I submitted several years ago but I don't think it ever went up.

[image=http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/9543/indylflprojectsbannerva6.jpg]

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...yea, I don't see it in the drop-down list. But that's exactly the type of thing I'm looking for in terms of a more generic theme.

I'll see what I can do about getting it uploaded.

6. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Well I find it is always a good idea to keep as current with ongoing projects as you can, so I think we should focus on red tails as much as we possibly can leading up to its release. Red Tails is really the next biggest thing Lucasfilm has for a while.

Lets go fins!!!

[image=http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u258/phins4gish/Dolphins-ChainSUN-Attack-1.gif]

7. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    I was going to say put up Red Tails as a banner. I think for titles of the forum it should either stay "LFP" or it should have Indiana but that's only if you want to attract more attention because that name will do that. Another idea for a banner would be to have various Lucasfilm related characters on the banner such as the Labyrinth characters, American Graffitti, Wilow, etc. I agree with all the games listed and had actually held off since I created those two quote games. I didn't want to seem like too much of a copycat but I agree that those ideas would work. I really like the re-write contest as well. Heck we could even have a countdown of the most memorable GL quotes or have the banner just a giant checkered shirt.

8. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I agree it would be nice to see a red tails banner once we get still shots of the film as production begins.

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Any inspiring banner makers want to give a Red Tails banner a try? Or perhaps one featuring characters from other LFL productions? [face_batting]

10. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I have a simple logo mock up I made for Red Tails back in June but I never posted it. Luckily I still have it.

[image=http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/1560/redtailslogoflatlowreslm9.jpg]

I have a higher quality PNG version if anybody is interested.

11. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    I really want and Indiana Jones only forum. I mean he has a strong enough following. The banner need a long overdue change. Maybe photo's of Indy from all 4 films on one side and on the other all the items he found.

Then they could make a seperate forum for: All other things Lucas & lucas film related like:

Future projects

Past films

Clone Wars (t.v. show)

and other things that would greatly help to breath new life in this joint.

12. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    I couldn't really see either forum surviving on its own if we split it up. Indy does have a strong following, but judging from the discussion we see here already, I'm not sure that following would be enough to keep his own forum afloat. And if we separate Indy from the equation, that only leaves American Graffiti, Howard the Duck, THX-1138, Willow, etc to run its own forum. I can't see that happening. Out of the films I listed, only THX has had a thread on the first page in months.

We need to strike a balance with the material we already have and keep that momentum going.

In terms of a banner, I'm always open to new banner submissions. If you have them, post them here or send me a PM.

Also, if you check out the social thread, I'm in the process of starting up some new activities that will hopefully breathe some life back into the forum. This includes a trivia contest and a top 100 scenes countdown for the Indiana Jones Saga.

13. jedibri

jedibri Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2000
    How about a banner with Indy, Some one from American Graffite, Howard the duck, & a couple others?

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Banners are always a great idea!

Again, if anyone wants to put one together, go right ahead! I'll be happy to put it into the rotation. :)

15. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You could also encourage more technical discussion or coverage of Lucas' enterprises like ILM and Skywalker Sound, etc. The ILM threads do get some traffic and discussion. And theyre always working on some of the biggest movies out there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.