main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST ideas for the opening logos that just came to me

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by The_Coon, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Coon

The_Coon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2013
    since we wont have the fox music

1. the logos are completely silent until time for the crawl
    1a. i wonder if disney may leave their logo off this film ever since their purchase of marvel no marvel film has bourne the disney logo

2. this video is only for a point of reference think only of the music

0:00-0:20 disney logo
    0:20-0:28 lucasfilm logo
    the rest bad robot logo (i realize this may rush the bad robot logo the idea would be to hold the kast bar or two til it finishes)

then a couple of seconds to breathe

then cue the a long time ago in a galaxy far far away and main theme and crawl as usual

2a. i wonder if Abrams will make a special bad robot logo containg c3po or r2

im pushed for time atm i may make a video of idea 2 later

2. Palpatine2016

Palpatine2016 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    I like the second idea. That'd be cool with me. :)

3. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    I'm not sure we will see a Bad Robot logo.

4. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope it's the old Warner Bros. logo for the Looney Tunes.

5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Ha! The "Merrie Melodies" intro would be great with the rings, the WB shield, and then when it normally would shift to the Merrie Melodies logo, the Lucasfilm logo would appear--then when the music ends, "A long time ago etc" would appear, and then into the Williams theme & "Star Wars" logo & title scroll. :D

Too bad Disney got ahold of Lucasfilm instead of WB... that would've been a great 'official' parody they could've done.

Immortiss likes this.
  6. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Is THX involved anymore? There should be a Star Wars THX animation if so.

7. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    Remember the avengers had paramount and marvel in its logo sequence, and they didn't even work on that movie! i'll bet some rights will be bought or sold and the fox logo and fanfare will be preserved for the sake of tradition, no disney or bad robot to be found. at least I hope...

8. Kenobi098

Kenobi098 Jedi Knight star 1

May 8, 2013
    I like this idea. It would be great if they did a animated shot of Threepio kicking artoo from A New Hope with Bad Robot beneath it.

9. Han Burgundy

Han Burgundy Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2013
    No to the second idea.

The first Star Wars music we hear in a theater since 2005 absolutely NEEDS to be the opening "BAAAAAAAAAM".

Think about the power in the silence leading up to that moment. Seeing the studio logos pass by with no sound, and everybody grabs the arm of their chair just a little too tight...

...and then John Williams just smacks us with full force for the first time in a decade. That would be amazing.

That being said, I do like your second idea for episodes 8 & 9. By then Star Wars will simply be "continuing" rather than "returning", so playing a little intro music wouldn't hurt any sense of anticipation.

kainee likes this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney will probably make a legally distinctively different version of the "Fox Fanfare". If they take them to court over it anyway, they can say it was parody!

11. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    now we hammered this a lot in a old thread I made that since has been archived, but I'm for keeping as close to classic as possible. It would be a quick intro. Because since there is no 20th Century Fox fanfare, it should just go into the Lucasfim logo (green to gold) then start with a long time ago....

Definitely NO Bad Robot logo. Mostly because the Star Wars franchise has yet to be named "J.J. Abrams" exclusive. If we are lucky we will get different directors and Bat Robot wouldn't fit. If they HAVE to have a logo before the Lucasfilm logo, then let it be Disney. The thought of seeing the castle before a Star Wars movie still makes me want to vomit, BUT I'd rather have that then a Bad Robot logo. It should be all Lucasfilm, but since Disney owns it they have some right to be on it. Bad Robot is just EP7s director's company, that may not be the case with the whole ST yet..

kainee likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Christpher Nolan's Syncopy Inc. is in front of the Batman flicks, heck it's even in front of Man of Steel and he's just a producer! And Bad Robot is in front of the Star Trek flicks. It's probably gonna happen. way it simply is nowadays with multi-production studios working on a single product.

While it is still a Lucasfilm Star Wars movie, we probably have to unlearn a lot of small things that we expect to be exactly the same in Star Wars, if only just because of who is making the movie.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
    Irvin Kershner's logo wasn't in front of ESB ;) He was a elegant director for a more civilized age.

Now films have more logos than a NASCAR...

kainee and Pfluegermeister like this.
  14. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Just the way "The Biz" works now. Generally, every director has a company and if they make a flick their logo goes on dere. New Disney overlords means times they are a chagin'!

15. TheStorm

TheStorm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Well Paramount had a deal with Disney and actually IM3 was the last to have Paramount on the front. Thor: The Dark World on it will be Disney's logo.

16. Lord TW

Lord TW Jedi Master star 2

Dec 25, 2012
    It probably won't be as bad as people think. While we all got chills with the Fox fanfare, it's really the first notes of the SW theme that will take us away. As someone hinted above, it's the PAUSE that gives the feeling - not the specific sound.

17. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm gonna bank on all-silence Disney Logo/ Bad Robot logo / Lucasfilm logo in that order. (No real long transitions, the Disney "castle" won't start at the mast, just fade in, bad robot, lucasfilm fade in) fade to "A Long Time Ago In A Galaxy Far Far Away"

18. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    There won't be a Disney logo. This is not a Walt Disney Pictures film. Only Walt Disney Pictures films get that. Pixar falls under Disney Pictures. Marvel and Lucasfilm do not.

As for Pixar...From the wiki: "Animated features produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, DisneyToon Studios and Studio Ghibli are usually released by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures under the Walt Disney Pictures banner."

WDP is under Walt Disney Studios. Lucasfilm is under Walt Disney Studios. Marvel Studios is under Walt Disney Studios.

See... Walt Disney Company is not Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures is not Walt Disney Studios is not Walt Disney Pictures. Visualize a family tree hierarchy for the Walt Disney Company. Lucasfilm does not branch off of Walt Disney Pictures, hence no blue screen with the castle and scripty "Walt Disney" font.

Editted to add examples...

Pixar:

Any old actual Walt Disney Pictures:

Notice how they both say "Walt Disney Pictures". Since Lucasfilm is not under that, it won't have that.

Now that said, when the movie comes out on Blu-Ray/DVD...there will be a Disney logo of sorts before the movie because that involves its distribution company, which I forget what it's called now. It used to be Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Remember seeing those on EVERY Disney related movie? I think it's just Walt Disney Home Entertainment now, I could be wrong.

Touchstone is an imprint just like Lucasfilm is under Disney with Dreamworks in the same role as Bad Robot. Here's a good example of a collaboration akin to how Lucasfilm's opening credits will appear:

kainee and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  19. Tan-Wessel

Tan-Wessel Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001
    One last thing...(sorry wouldn't let me edit)

I'm pretty sure there'll be a new Lucasfilm logo/sequence. It's not Lucasfilm, LTD. any more so. Whatever the new Lucasfilm mark/identity will be will be incorporated to fit with whatever custom Bad Robot one along with some new fanfare from Williams, but also done in such a way as to easily swap out Bad Robot in case things don't work out for future episodes. Besides, the spin-off movies will most likely not be Bad Robot so Williams will keep that in mind when composing so whichever production companies that will be involved for those other Lucasfilm properties can just be slotted in easily.

20. The_Coon

Feb 11, 2013
    i think its obvious jj will stay as long as he remains happy

21. CaptainMorgan2013

CaptainMorgan2013 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    I'm not so sure it's that obvious to me. Especially if the movie sucks/bombs.

Not that that's likely, but it is a possibility that could occur. At which Disney, et al will drop JJ as director faster than you can say midichlorians.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    I hope VII is fantastic and we have new Directors for VIII and IX. I just want to see other great visual storytellers work in the SW Universe.

23. The_Coon

Feb 11, 2013
    there is not enpugh time to constantly change directors with the schedule

24. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It might be sacrilegious to say but I honestly don't care that the Fox fanfare will be missing. It's always been the "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away...." and the first blast of the main theme that's pumped me up to watch a SW film and not what company logo is at the beginning. I'm sure if Disney includes their logo they'll create a cool SW themed one with something like the Coruscant skyline replacing the castle or something which will be fun to see. There's just more important things than logos for me.

TX-20 likes this.
  25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    You're just not a true fan if you don't base the entire experience on nostalgia. If I don't see the same "Locate your nearest Exit" announcement that was in front of Empire Strikes Back I am gonna be livid.

kainee, Lord TW, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.