main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas for Upcoming Meets, Summer 2006 Edition

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by DarthWormie, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Okay, it's been a while since our last meet and since everyone seems to scatter come the warm summer months, I figured I'd start up a thread to see if we can't get a meet or 2 together in the coming months.

Since personally May and June are not good for me, it looks like if we're going to have a significant 'Boston' meet, it will probably have to take place sometime in July. Anyone have any ideas they'd like to pitch?

For August I was thinking of having a multi-group meet at my house. Figured a cookout would be a good way to get everyone together to discuss initial plans for this years Super MegaFest. I have a few ideas that I want to throw out to guys in regards to our presence there.

But I digress, back to a potential July meet. Any thoughts or ideas? Want to have a lightsaber building get-together? How about Mini-golf somewhere? Maybe even a Harbor cruise around Boston? Since Summer seems to last only 6 weeks in these parts, whatever we do should involve the 'great outdoors' so we can take advantage of any good weather while it lasts.

All suggestions are welcome, even you new visitors.:D

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    I know I am not from Boston but a lightsaber build would be cool. I also like mini-golf.

I was thinking about megafest the other day. At my work we can print banners that can be up to 3 ft wide and as long as you want. I was thinking about making a banner for a table if we get one. I am sure mike would have a pic he would want to use.

3. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    That would be great Jorge. I know the last couple of years it kind of been a 'Boston' thing but at least 3 New England FF's will be represented that day. My thought is we should run one unifying "New England FF" banner on the table with maybe each of the participating chapters logos underneath. Just a though. Definitely something we can toss around at a future meet.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    That sounds good Mike about the banner. I know if we come up with something I could definitely print up a banner at work. The manager is a good bud of mine and said I could print up anything if I pay the material. So I am definitely going to use this to my advantage. I already have some NFL and NHL banners I want to make up. lol

Anyway, I am up for anything for a meet. Hopefully some of the lurkers in here will start to post and we get more activity.

5. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    Jorge, I mentioned the "Hot Dog Safari" on Sunday, June 4 @ Suffolk Downs in a previous thread. You up for that? :D

6. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    *Just lurking*

7. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Depending on my schedule I could be interested in going to the Hot dog thing. But the way it looks now I will have to sit this one out.

8. DarthIC2

DarthIC2 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 23, 2006
    I just posted this over at the Foxboro forum:

Six Flags Meet for NEFFs

Been a while since I've been out there but I was thinking about Chris's idea for some sort of joint meet there. If it is something interesting for you guys maybe you could get the word out to your friends in other NE FF's and maybe we can contact the NY FFs closer to the border for one really large meet. If it is decided to do this, what about August? I can see about renting a couple of rooms at that Sheraton if need be. I think if everyone brings a little something than it would be a success. Of course families are welcome, I know I try to bring mine. If you are interested in doing this, if not even for our August meet, lets plan a bit now to give people time to prepare :)

Also if we do plan this, maybe we can get a headline of it on the TF.N main page in the FF category?

9. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    If you can get a group of 15 or more to go you will qualify for a discount. Here's the page with more info (just scroll down about half way).

10. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    The Six Flags idea is a real good one, especially for a joint meet if we can get 3 or 4 groups together. Any ideas on when you guys would like to go? Unfortunately June is out for me, but July is a possibility. We could also plan this for September as a 'Farewell to Summer' kind of thing.

Thanks for the input and ideas folks, keep them coming!

11. JediFonger

JediFonger Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 10, 1999
    i recommend settling in on a day and then set place =).

12. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Does anyone ever have informal BBQ's over the summer for meet/greet purposes? I love to BBQ and have a huge yard... I dunno, it's just a thought.

How about movie/gaming nights? I am stealing some ideas from a friend on FF in Tucson here...

13. DarthWormie

Jul 22, 2004
    I plan on having a dual meet BBQ at my place probably in August. That way a bunch of us can get together and talk about plans and ideas for this years MegaFest. We might also want to consider doing a 'collectors swap' then as well. People can bring stuff they want to trade and maybe score something they need in exchange.

Just waiting until July to 'officiall' announce it and throw out a couple of dates for everyone to choose from.

14. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    BBQs are a great thing. Hell most of the meets for Foxboro are BBQs. We just chill out and eat food. lol Nothing formal about them. It is all a good time.

I am up for a collector's swap Mike. I have tossed the idea around with the guy in Foxboro as well as some of the other local collectors I know. Most everyone is up for a lil swappin'. Chris brought it up for our next gathering but I will call off the dogs on that one. Might as well get more people involved. If we do one maybe people should get a list together of wants and needs post that list so people know what to bring. I am in the process of selling a lot of my dups and other items. Need the money for C4 and to get some savings back in the bank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.