1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Ideas for your next meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediLeia21, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    hi
    so has anyone got any ideas or dates for our next meet

Suggestions anyone ?
  2. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Grizzly's place??? just returning the favour.
  3. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well Leia:), lol our next meet In QLD is something called "Bar Wars", yeah we in QLD typically lead by example and are going on a Pub crawl tommorrow nite lol, yeah we have good fun, so there's an idea for u:)

Not that I condone drunkeness (Disclamer) lol

4. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    By understanding and previous talks most "Outer Rimmers" don't drink-of course we could always give it a good try.
  5. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, whatever meet it is, someone email me with enough time so I know where I'm going. Since I'm not giving anyone my mobile # (except for one person and that lucky person knows who they'll be), then no one will be able to ring me to rmind me - so EMAIL ME!
  6. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And who is that person lucky or maybe unlucky enough to have your mobile number JediNat hey? lol
  7. Ghost_of_Caesar Jedi Master

star 4
    Do you really think she's mad enough to tell you, Paul?
  8. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Well Pinback's having his housewarming this Saturday. If that's too soon, then we'll probably have an Outer Rim get together at our new place when we move in. Expect it to be in a few weeks time. The new place is a lot bigger so for those who have been to our place before, it won't be so cramped.
    We could probably have a BBQ. Maybe even a little network gaming with a couple of extra PCs. It would certainly be a good opportunity to discuss some official club stuff and make some plans.
  9. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    We actually make plans(if I attended I'd know this stuff right?) just joking-honest
  10. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow, network gaming! How boring! Sorry, but I'm not into computer games.
  11. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    The idea of a bbq is a good idea! Have to make sure it it a fine day though! I think we really need to sit down and talk about where the club is heading, I have some more ideas that I can discuss!
  12. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I think discussing the club should certainly be the focus. I'd like everyone to have a say in where things go.
    And Nat, don't worry if you don't like network games. We'll provide some Ben Cousins and Brett Lee posters for you to gaze at while we play. ;)
  13. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    ummmmm bbq , that sounds nice

*sorry* went all homer simpson there for a sec
    How much money should i give towards the membership?
  14. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    That's an excellent question!

If we're gonna do it, let's do it already!

Was talking to Grizzly last night, together we came up with a great logo concept; I'm going to draw up a rough animatic and present it at the next meet, whenever it is. Grizzly, don't tell anybody about it, let's make it a surprise!
  15. Princess_Lego Jedi Knight

star 1
    I figured $20 would be a reasonable annual fee, so any amount $20 or under would be fine. It will come off the membership fee when we organize it properly. I'm keeping a list of who has paid what amounts.
  16. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Might be a bit early but what does $20 get you??
  17. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    this should be interesting to see what pinback ang grizzly have cooked up for the logo :p
  18. Princess_Lego Jedi Knight

star 1
    There aren't too many of us, so $20 doesn't go far. It's $80 to register the name for the club. After that we use the money to organize events, do some fundraising etc. I thought we could make costumes to hire out, so we need to buy the materials.

Eventually when we get big enough and have some bargaining power we could maybe organize for members to get discounts for movies, meals, etc.

If it happens soon, we could book a whole cinema for the EP2 premier :)
  19. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
    that would nice , just star wars fans in the cimena , lightsaber fights in the corridor .....
    aleast we would all blend into one another with costumes :)
  20. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Stupid thought-but do you think you can get enough people to join that will pack a cinema?? that's 300 plus. Keeping in mind that most SW fans don't advertise who they are.

How many people on this board are members of the official SW fan club?.

I have a few questions to ask not sure if the forum is the right place, I'd be interested but need more info.
  21. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    That's what the meeting will be for. The more ideas we get from everyone, the better.
    Let's tentatively plan on having it on the Saturday night after next (10th Feb).
  22. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
    There's a official SW club? News to me!

Hey Grizz, whats your logo idea? You show me yours and show you my!! :)
  23. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hey, at King's Park, we only came a hair from our goal of 50 people; with some seriously planned effort, we can put butts in at least 250 seats!

We previewed the logo concept for Soneil at the party; his eyes bugged out! Good sign, if you ask me, he got this look on his face like "Jesus, I wasn't expecting THAT!" Of course, that's probably because it involves full frontal nudity, but I don't wanna oversell it so I won't say anymore.

On a serious, but minor note; I think Jedi Nat has a point about gaming, that might be more of a boy activity, at least I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the ladies in our group held a similar opinion. Respectfully, I submit the following suggestion: we can divide gaming with some more female-oriented activity organized by the Princess, to be scheduled for after the close of the evening's official business; everybody wins.

Let's all make a special effort to get in on this one; God knows I've spent $20 on far less worthy purchases, and I for one view this as more of a speculative investment. Besides, imagine the rush of knowing that you contributed to renting an entire cinema for a night, just for you and 300 of your closest friends! What other club even offers the remote possibility of such enjoyable excesses! And it wouldn't even have to stop there! I think it would be extremely cool and fun to put Perth on the entertainment/fandom map in a way the bloated establishment would never even consider, don't you?

Well, that's my piece; I'm gonna be there, I want in on the ground floor, 'cause this thing can only go up, get bigger, stronger, better. I'll be very excited by all the possibilities in the room, and I'll look forward to seeing you all there! It's gonna be a great thing, a special thing, it's okay to get excited and idealistic, so c'mon, let it out!
  24. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Pinback whatever you are on, I want some. That was motivational.

I guess if election news gets to boring(That's already a given)even I would give thought about attending.

25. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds like he's still drunk from Saturday night.... gees that was funny :)

and don't tell me you're gonna wuss out AGAIN are ya Spider?????
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.