1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Ideas for your next meet

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by JediLeia21, Jan 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Who hasn't hosted yet? Count me out. I don't think the folks would like it too much. Plus, you wouldn't want me to forget to come to my own meet now would you?
  2. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    That would be the very pinnacle of irony!
  3. Ethane Jedi Padawan

Hi, first time writer, long time reader. Haven't had much ideas as to what would be a suitable idea for a meet, seeing as I have never attended one, but I find the whole concept of a club revolving around Star Wars cool.
    Umm, anyway, I'm pretty embarassed to just barge in like this so I'll make a few introductions. Ethane's the name, been a fan of SW for ages, not really too much into the games, books and the like but I love the movies. Whoever says the characters were wooden needs their head examined, although I must say that Obi-Wan did not have enough screen time in EP I. Anyway, I'm 25 and just looking for people to talk to who are interested in the same things as me. Not too sure if this is the right place to look, but here I am. By the way, I'm an Outer-Rimmer too.

Thanks for your time and good luck with finding an idea for your next meet, maybe one day I'll get an invite. thanks,

'Thane
  4. Ethane Jedi Padawan

I hear you, I've lived in Perth since I was Sixteen, I have never felt like I belonged. I'm now 25 and married but still have NOTHING and I do mean NOTHING in the way of friendship besides that of my sweet wife. I am bored, bored, bored. So I reckon it would be great to meet people who are like minded and all the rest of that guff.
  5. RA_ATUM Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hi guys.. great to see so much activity happening over there !!! Having been through recently exactly all the birthing pains etc of a new club if soneil or soulie wants a quick call I can talk about how we got going and how we tackled it, including all the "I'd like to but.."'s .. if that will help..

Anything we can do to help we will.
  6. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    I did reply to your welcome-but I see the board has arrived.
    Have fun and welcome to the OR hope you have a great time.
  7. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    howdy Ra :) you guys copped the "somebody, anybody ,everybody, nobody" thing too eh? :(
  8. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ra, if we all get this MS Messenger thing working, you'll have to join us for a chat, we'd love to pick your brain, as you can see we're just about ready to roll here, and we're entering a critical phase.

Ethane, as long as you're looking around the forum, there's a thread here called "The Star Wars Democracy" you might find interesting, it should give you an idea of what the group is up to right now, it's getting pretty exciting, actually.
  9. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    then there's also the Bio thread
  10. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Hey Ethane, welcome to the club. If you ever come to one of our meets, you might be lucky to meet me. I have a habit of forgeting to turn up even with everyone remiding me to come!!!
  11. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    You started off well.

At one point, Nat had been to more meets than anyone else (including meeting some Fanforce folks in Melbourne).
  12. RA_ATUM Jedi Knight

star 1
    *nods* we sure did Grizzly.. but it's a simple hurdle to jump once you've worked out how.. so yeay.. love to chat to you.. ICQ chat as well.. -or- you can use the Guild's chat room.. you are more than welcome to do so and I can clean the room out after you are finished so it is private if that's an issue for you.
  13. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    from the bottom once more... [face_devil]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.