main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ideas From Previous Script/Plot Drafts?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ObiSpamBaloney, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    Please delete this thread if it's already been done. The purpose of this thread is to compile a list of ideas George had from previous script drafts that would STILL FIT what stories/scenarios/etc could yet be told. That said, this could include even scenes written for now dead characters like Ben Kenobi whose unused ideas could be adapted for a now eldery Luke Skywalker, etc.

whostheBossk and Palpatine77 like this.
  2. ObiSpamBaloney

ObiSpamBaloney Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 12, 2014
    At one point in this video you see the question: "Who is the father?"

3. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Well the story outlines he gave for the ST were written by him, and are adapted into a full script by JJ, and seeing as George's son Jett has been saying that GL and JJ are "talking all the time", I get the feeling a lot of old ideas will be used. It's not the first time he's incorporated old ideas (Utapau, the name Anakin, etc)

4. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I wonder if we'll see the planet Slicemon (you know, that planet from the early drafts of ROTJ)?

5. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    Kaiburr Crystal,
    Whills,
    Han's stepfather having important political/diplomatic links,
    Lando being a clone (seeming nixed by what we now know the clones from the prequels)

InterestingLurker likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    opening the first draft (also seen in The Star Wars comic) wherein a dark jedi descends upon the jedi family (dad and two kids who have been training and hiding in seclusion) and kills one of the sons, thereby spurning the aged, old jedi into action with his other kid (*cough* Luke & his two kids who then becomes one which starts the movie *cough*). Kind of a dark opening but it does click dramatically.

7. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Aquilae is one world that was never used.

8. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013

Thanks for sharing that video, never seen it before. Great stuff.

9. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    He started writing TPM during my senior year of high school? Nice to know.

10. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Han dying

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    That would actually be pretty cool!

12. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Vader's castle. Perhaps Luke has inherited it as a summer holiday shack. :)

[​IMG]

13. Oswald1901

Oswald1901 Jedi Padawan

Oct 7, 2013
    I'd like to see a return to the 'Lando being a clone' idea and 'racism(Can one be racist to clones?) against clones' subplot from TESB. Perhaps the new crew has to work with a general from the Clone Wars?
    Also, I wanna see castles/palaces. LOTSA CASTLES AND PALACES. They were all over the place in early drafts, and so far we've only got Theed Palace and Jabba's Place; I'd like to see a castle, sprawling with mooks and booby traps and spiraling staircases and all that jazz.

14. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    Another vote for Whills here. I never heard that Lando was going to be a clone before. Was that in Brackett's draft?

15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012

I'm not sure if it was actually in a draft or it was merely back story but I believe Lucas originally envisioned that Lando was a member of a family of clones that had something to do with the Clone Wars.

T-R- and Mystery Roach like this.
  16. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Not a fan of the Lando clone thing -- unless we get scene with a room full of Landos acting like ladies men.

Other than that, why?

And Big Yes on Whills. Especially if what we just saw in TCW are Whills. Brilliant design!

17. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    Yes, it was.

18. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    come on, who wouldn't want a whole group of Lando clones saying "Hello, what have we here?"

19. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Not the Lando part, but @Oswald1901's mention of a form of racism against clones following the events of the PT might be a pretty neat angle.

Given the age-acceleration issue, an original Fett clone would be too old to appear, but maybe one of the new characters is a descendant of a veteran of the Clone War? Or maybe he or she is not from the Fett line, specifically, but from another template, and there is just a widespread negative opinion of any clones in general?

If the saga had been produced chronologically, it may have been better, time-wise, to explore something like this during Episodes IV-VI, but I think it could still be interesting.

Oh, and of course a big "yes" to the Whills, but that should be a given, shouldn't it? :D

20. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I could see clone racism factoring into Rebels since it takes place at a time when many clones are trying to integrate into society. In the ST not so much.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Though I think it could still work in the ST (we all know of examples in IRL history where, unfortunately, it has taken generations to move past widely held attitudes of bigotry), I think it would make perfect sense to explore the issue in Rebels.

22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, this was in Brackett's draft. Just read it this past weekend. He is a Clone of the Ashardi Family.

I love that Lando lives among the clouds.

Oh, McQuarrie had a flying Manta concept done for TESB. Although it appeared in TCW, I wouldn' mind seeing it in live-action. I can't find the image online, but it's in the Making of TESB book.

23. Echo Base

Jul 21, 2013
    The script is ambiguous as to what has happened to the clones but one interpretation is that they were the victims of a genocide.(Ironically, though, it is the clones who have the notion of "pure blood" not whoever killed them off.)

Either way, most had been wiped out and Lando was living discreetly.

Lando: My great grandfather wanted many sons and he produced them from the cells of his own body. His sister, a remarkable woman, produced many daughters by the same means. Thus we keep the blood pure. But since the wars, there are not many of us left, and we try not to attract attention. It didn't seem strange to us to see our own faces endleesly repeated in the streets of our cities. It gave us a sense of oneness, of belonging. Now, when every face is new and different, I feel truly alone.

24. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    You guys are doing a good job of selling the Lando clone thing. My question is: why would the majority of people hate Lando clones if they were not the clones fighting the war?

I can see maybe a reactionary minority (like the Tea Party) hating on all clones, but why most of the Republic-become-Empire? The Clones were probably widely viewed as heroes in their fight against the Separatists. Do most people think the Clones murdered the Jedi? That could be a good reason. Or do they think the Clones are the hated Stormtroopers of the Empire?

Why do beings in the GFFA hate clones?

25. Mystery Roach

Mar 10, 2004
    I'm guessing GL's early concepts of the Clone Wars were a lot different than what they ended up being if they were even fleshed out at all, or possibly this was simply Brackett's stab at referencing them without any context from Lucas. Either way it would seem to indicate some kind of situation where the Clone Wars led to a widespread distrust of clones throughout the galaxy. Perhaps the idea was that there were many different clones in the war, but they were all fighting for their pure blood superiority over non-clones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.