main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ideas From Previous Script/Plot Drafts?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by ObiSpamBaloney, Feb 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. T-R-

T-R- Chosen One star 5

Aug 13, 2003
    maybe use the lava castle idea but give it to MVS and not Vader

2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Ghost Plapy: "Shmi never told you what happened to your father".
    Ghost Anakin: "She told me enough! She told me you created a vergence in the Force which manipulated the midichlorians to create life and that there was no father"!
    Ghost Plapy: "No... well, yes... sorta... wait, no... I am your father".
    Ghost Anakin: "Obligatory NOOOOOOOOOOOO"!

3. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 23, 1999
    The Making of Revenge of the Sith quotes a scene very much like this, from a preliminary version of the ROTS script.

markdeez and Dra--- like this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I know. That's why I brought it into the equation. It was some horrid delivery of "In a way, you might consider me to be your father".

Canyon D and Dra--- like this.
  5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, you redo the prequels. Other than that, hope that episode 7-9 has very few references to episodes 1-3. Considering that Disney seems to be distancing themselves from those movies; that may or may not be the case.

6. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    I agree that what you've presented there is a cool idea, and some of it is present in what I've read about the circa-1983 prequel ideas. But could you point me to specific passages in MoROTJ that specifically detail, for example, the idea that Obi-Wan and Yoda disagreed on how best to conduct their business (Obi-Wan wanting more Knights, which is a true title and something specifically defined against what Yoda is, which is more of a teacher). I remember parts of that being laid out, but not all of it, and not in that level of detail.

7. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

I don't have the book on me at present. I just remember its a transcript session between Kasdan/Lucas with Gary Kurtz present. I could be mistaking it for Empire Strikes Back one. But, I'm almost positive I read it in the ROTJ one.

8. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    Kurtz wasn't in on ROTJ... and all I could find was little bits of information like 'Yoda is a teacher, not a fighter.' Of course, the idea that Ben was doing something Yoda opposed in training Anakin - or maybe something that Yoda was unaware of - is there in the final film. But I couldn't find anything specifying that Knights and Masters were considered by Lucas to be specific titles of 'the' two types of Jedi, nor anything suggesting that the Knights were few in number and that they (or just Ben) wanted to train more Knights against the wishes of 'the Masters.' It's a cool idea, and fits the information, but I can't find it actually laid out by Lucas anywhere.

TOSCHESTATION likes this.
  9. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Kurtz was not in on production but he was present at concept sessions back in 80-81, which I believe was when those transcripts took place. I'll hunt the stuff down.

10. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    According to MoROTJ he was gone before 1980. I hope that you can locate where this line of ideas came from, because it's pretty cool. But I've never heard of anything that specific before.

11. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

Kurtz was there until about the end of 80. Around the time that Empire Strikes Back finished its theatrical run.

12. Lt.Cmdr.Thrawn

Sep 23, 1999
    I don't mean to be argumentative, but... MoROTJ says he left before the end of 1979, and the story conferences for ROTJ make no mention of him. I have no real horse in this race, I'm just saying, wherever your information comes from, it must be a source I'm not familiar with.

T-R- likes this.
  13. TOSCHESTATION

TOSCHESTATION Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Well, in my view, MoTESB and MoROTJ were kind of confusing on this matter. On the one hand it says that Kurtz put his resignation letter to LFL in writing in Dec 1979. However, reports from back in 1980 had Kurtz still doing publicity for TESB's initial release, at least for the late spring/early summer period of 1980. Then there was the whole Kurtz as 'Creative Consultant' thing for Reveng/Return in late '80 or Jan '81 press release. It made some sense though, that Lucas/Kazanjian/Watts and co. would have needed him for his 'contacts' in location scouting.

14. bleed0range

bleed0range Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 29, 2007
    I just read through that in this version http://starwarz.com/starkiller/the-star-wars-rough-draft/

I thought that was a very good beginning and could certainly lend itself in parts to Episode VII. I like to imagine that Kane would be Luke, and the remnants of the Empire have been mercilessly hunting him for the past 30 years in an attempt to destroy him for killing the emperor and to wipe out the last remaining known Jedi. Meanwhile he has been training his own kids.

It's been rumored that the set in Abu-Dhabi features a small town/market or something and a wreckage site. You could easily modify the opening of this script to have Luke's kids discover a ship that has crash landed near this market/town/supply station. The crash of the ship mearely being a diversion of their attention for a similar attack. It's the same idea, except with them discovering wreckage instead of a ship just landing. This would make for a more adventurous opening, perhaps at first they just want to help see if there are survivors, but Luke being mindful warns them that it could be a trap.

In the script, later on, the father "Kane" encounters the general "Luke," in need of him to finish the training for his remaining son because he is too old and has, much like Vader, has hardly anything left of who he was.
    You could take this idea, and turn it into Luke (the old Jedi) going to see the general (Han Solo) who he hasn't seen in a long time because he's been in hiding... and he requests that he take care of his son and have Leia finish the training because he is becoming too old to do it any longer and he has his own mission he must attend to (which could be, much like Obi-Wan, a mission he knows he may not come back from). This would put Han into the main character mode (as has been rumored) and pair him with Luke's kid and his own. I like the idea that Luke would have become somewhat like Vader from constant battles that have taken a physical toll on his body, leaving little left of him as human. Echoing his own father's fate despite not turning to the dark side.

markdeez and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    I still sense there's a plot thread in the ST concerning clones. What happened to the technology? What else was cloned? I don't think that particular plot point is finished with.

16. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014

Even if Luke's body is broken-down from battle, it still seems odd that Luke should ask Han (older) or Leia (same age) to finish a mission for him because he can't go on. His hand and Vader's limbs seem to work just fine. I think it would be more likely to see him introduce his son, maybe around the age Luke is in ANH, to an older apprentice, one he started training soon after around the end of ROTJ and who would be in his 30s by now.

I suspect someone at Disney or Lucasfilm has outlawed any clones except for "the" clones. There's ample indication that the Kaminoans have other customers, and competitors, and Lucas did toy with more clone content for the OT at one time, so the in-universe justification is there, but... the Story Group has taken away all but the Fett clones, and I think the head honchos prefer it that way. "Clone" is in the title of two of their main works, and on a lot of what they sell, and I think they want the Fett clones to own that word like a brand name, rather than "genericizing" it in-universe to mean any old clone. Under the rubric of better marketing, and avoiding confusion (we fans are so easily confused!) we may actually never see any other clones except for the Fett clonetroopers.

When Filoni's taking questions at a con or something, someone ask him if he's allowed to have non-Fett clones!

markdeez likes this.
  17. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Yep - I expect that Disney/Lucasfilm would not perhaps want to blur those lines... However, I still think that ‘The Clone Wars’ does enable the logic to extend the theme further. Did the original clones all get repatriated? If so, why... when they seemed like the perfect soldier. If they were repatriated, were they pro or anti Empire? Etc. etc. And given that Palpatine used the cloning technology, did he not ever think to clone an apprentise?

18. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I agree with this. But I believe it because if they didn't have something in mind why would they ever mention Sifo-Dyas in AOTC? I would think it would be just as easy to give the cloners a fake jedi name than use an actual Jedi here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

markdeez and Darth PJ like this.
  19. Darth PJ

Jul 31, 2013
    Well from the TCW Lost Missions, those questions are... kind of... answered. But as the Darth Plageuis novel is no longer cannon (which answered in much more detail) it leaves some mystery to the thing...

markdeez likes this.
  20. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    The name, "Aquilae". "Utapau" got a chance to shine, so why shouldn't "Aquilae"?

markdeez, BigAl6ft6 and ColdLazarou like this.
  21. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    Definitely. I'd love to see Aquilae in Ep. VII, and of course the big climactic battle on Had Abaddon in Ep. IX.

22. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    What are the Whills, anyway?

23. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    Long story short... no one exactly knows. Which is why they're so interesting.

What we do know is one of them in the drafts was the one to first discover how to keep your consciouness after death. They where being deeply connected with the force. Some believed they where Yoda's species but Lucas has denied this... many now think they are or connectred to the five priestesses who exsisted between the living force and cosmic force at the end of season six of the clone wars who taught Yoda how to do the same.

Leias_Left_Bun likes this.
  24. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Like spirits or force ghosts? Why would they write journals?

25. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    It was implied only some became spirits but like any old draft idea that could be revised... They wrote journals since in the draft they where recording the history of Annakin Starkiller and Luke Skywalker from artoos memory banks about 100 years after it happened. Suppose immortal beings got bored so they passed the eons recording history or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.