main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ideas & Suggestions

Discussion in 'Archive: South' started by Black-Tiger, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Right, this'll be where members can make suggestions and give ideas for the improvement of the chapter. First off, you all know how companies get people to buy their products, or how film companies get people to know about their films? Yep, they do it through ADVERTISING! The best way to get more members, especially at this early stage, is to advertise outside the forum. Now where do you think there'd be the most interest in this sort of club? What about college, university, Sci-Fi shops and schools? Anyone good at making posters here? Maybe someone could make one and have a load printed out to put up where there'll be the greatest chance of people being interested. Then what about Internet sites like MySpace and Facebook? What about if someone does a page on each of them dedicated to FF-South? Me, I'll see about doing MySpace, so maybe someone can do Facebook.

Second, not all Sci-fi fans are Star Wars fans, so best not narrow the chances of people joining by making it just a Star Wars group. Best bet is to make it a film and Sci-Fi group so more people will be interested.

Hopefully soon Portsmouth will have at least two members, so I think for the time being that can be the main meeting area for members in Hampshire.

If anyone has any questions just ask here.

2. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
  3. Black-Tiger

Black-Tiger Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 25, 2008
    Yes, it would primarily be a Star Wars group at its roots, but it would have space for fans of all films and Sci-Fi.

And as for MySpace and Facebook, they?d be more or less ads with links directly to theforce.net. People will have a contact link via the MySpace or Facebook page to FF-South as well as info on what we?d be doing in the group.

Oh, oh, I've just thought of something. I've seen a ranking system on another Star Wars site, one in the form of Imperial Officer bars under the user's name. On that site it goes up the more posts you make, but maybe we could have a similar thing on FF-South for a member who shows the most enthusiasm and willingness to run the Chapter, like making posters, coming up with new ideas for running the Chapter, recruiting new members, finding new activities, arranging meets and trips out etc. It'll be like a reward system like the boy scouts, you might say.

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    We can't modify anything on these forums without recoding the entire IGN script, which is impossible, especially just for one member of an insignificant subsection of a subsidiary of a customer board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.