main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Identify this clone?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by padawanlearnerswe, May 21, 2015.

1. padawanlearnerswe

padawanlearnerswe Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2015
    So, Can someone help me identify this clones armor? I can only think of chomp from super mario, but thats not correct when you look at the chest plate that is coloured yellow and white. Since you find this picture on google by searching for unidentified clone gunner I guess it's a tough one... Its for a pice of art I'm currently working on[​IMG]

2. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    Anyone? speculations?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sorry I don't think he has an official name

4. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    Probably... but I'm curious because the amour is so pronounced and specific, why the eyes? and the "smiley face" (?) Reminds me of commander doom and I thought there might be a similar background story around this one...

5. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    You can tell by the background that it's nighttime on Felucia which means "Padawan Lost" Season 3, episode 21. Rex's and Wolffe's troops were both there, and my guess this is Rex's AT-TE gunner, but I couldn't find any info on him. Wouldn't be Wolffe's men due to markings. The yellow tint is lighting though, not armor color. Here's a couple screencaps to give you an idea:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Is it from and episode or a comic? It's hard to tell in that small image.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It's from an episode

8. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Read my post just above yours.

Edit: padawanlearnerswe I just watched the episode I mentioned, Padawan Lost, and I was right that this Clone Trooper is an AT-TE gunner shown at 2:55 in the episode from either Rex's Torrent company or the Wolffe pack. Anakin and Plo Koon are both on Felucia with their troops so it could be either company. He's visible right after Plo commands "Artillery, open fire!" You don't see him again. The color you see in the pic is just odd lighting from Felucia's bio-luminescence.

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    Sorry about that, I should ofc have posted the episode number. And I see what you mean about the tint, nice observation. Yes it's a gunner belonging to wolf or rex, either way, he has got a really eeh... special taste in armour styling compared to his superiors. Plot soon is hailing the artillery, but that does not have to mean anything in this regard.
    In the intro they talk about "artillery divisions" and that is a rather large group... The soldier is never featured in any later episode. Also, 1.30 in to the episode you get a glimpse into one the driver seat of the AT-TE, looks like the 501st stripe maybe? looks oddly coloured to me but still. If just Dave Filoni could come and answer this please.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Looks like a random task background Clone. Maybe that is a good name for him, Random or Gunner. ;)

11. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    haha, well lets call him random for now, until his final persona gets revealed. Maybe it's silly but I'm drawing abstractions of clone helmets, stormtroopers and so on (basically the family)
    So although I have previously drawn gunners and I have a visual on half his helmet It's still hard to make any artistic deviations if I don't know what the origin is, characteristics has to match up. If anyone wondered why I got to find out :)

12. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    May I ask what is it about the design on his helmet that intrigues you? Maybe i'm not seeing or imagining all the detail from this screenshot, but is there an element(s) that stands out?

13. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I say we call him Bob. What's wrong with just calling him Bob?

14. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Baby Steps Bob.

15. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    How about Sixes?

16. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    Sure! I've already tried to draw the helmet in illustrator, and it looks very boring (assuming it looks the same on the other side of the helmet as well)

I've gone with a very abstract style, black and white and nothing more then the essential in detail, this can be a bit tricky and in the cases with the more elaborative helmets it is very helpful to know what it really depicts, it makes the process of eliminating details much easier.

Also the very outlandish design, with the eyeballs and what looks like a big red mouth covering half of the helmet makes me curious. Before I started drawing on this piece I had a pretty good general knowledge about star wars but the research I've put in learning names of different troopers and so on has made me want to know all these things and this one is would be neat to have a background history around.

It's not the end of the world if it remains as a random gunner though.

17. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Name him Gunner bur spell it Gunnar.

18. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Your description reminds me of this guy, Goji. I know it's not, but the eyes and mouth are present, just completely different:
    [​IMG]

For your guy above, I don't see the mouth, I thought it was just lighting on the helmet. Better pic?

19. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    I am a noob here, but is there not a way to upload images? I have screen grabs from the episode but I can't find any way to upload?
    Anyway, this is a link to wookiepedia, it got a high -res image of the guy. Also, the article states that he is under the command of Wolf. This guy is really pushing some limits regarding group design and armour, considering the rest of the pack

20. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
  21. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    Regarding the mouth. I see it as the half-circle red part under the visor, covering almost half of the helmet. In my mind there is also white teeth there.

Yeah I have already drawn goji. I like the design of that guy!

22. ARC_RC-7567

ARC_RC-7567 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 22, 2015
    The dot on the top of his helmet looks like an eye while the orange part with the white triangle looks like a mouth with teeth.

23. Watto

Watto Force Ghost star 4

Dec 13, 1998
    Nice I can see better on the Wook page. I think you're right it's funny eyes and mouth with teeth, maybe a funny wolf/dog type face pattern.

24. TK-421 Is vader

TK-421 Is vader Jedi Master star 3

Jan 5, 2015
    Dave filoni: Yes I want you to design another cool looking clone paint scheme.Yes he will appear in only one episode.What do you mean"Nobody will notice? They always notice.....the eye of sauron-I mean the fans,sees ALL."

25. padawanlearnerswe

May 21, 2015
    It seems that until I have a chance to ask Filoni this clone will remain without a story. Thanks for the replies, appreciate it!

I might as well ask, since I started drawing I've collected a reference library of over 500 images, and have drawn around 170-200 helmets, all very abstract only highlighting essential features of the different helmets. It is a mess of both high and low.

So if anyone sits on some concept art, hidden helmets, unrealised ideas for a troopers, maybe even own art work! (you get the idea) Put a link here. It's nice to get some input from other nerds and new things to draw inspiration from.
    I've only had a couple of friends look at the work and we always come up with new ways of drawing and scenarios for troopers .

I understand this might be so interesting since I you guys haven't seen any oh the work. Still Its worth a try and anything is very welcomed. It does not have to be related to star wars. If anything my drawing is about capturing the graphic expression of the helmets, their intimidation, layout and sense of function that is so unmistakably present. (this in contrast to the new duck-face helmet, that, although not bad, lack what made the original so iconic)