main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, And the effects on The Year Ahead

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by PrincessKenobi , Jan 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    From what I read in Wizard, this will be the year the JLA breaks up due to the events of Identity and Infinite Crisis.

What does everyoen think is going to happen? Or how do you feel about the events of the two?

~PK~

2. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    i LOVED identity crisis and i'm loving infinite crisis! it seems like a genuine big event, that was not rushed and thrown together quickly, and actually will have a big effect of the DCU.

3. CarrKicksDoor

CarrKicksDoor Jedi Master star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    I can totally see that happening, PK. I'm beginning to wonder a bit if the heros will then gather around Donna Troy. I mean with everything happening with Wonder Woman, it makes you wonder. Plus, Batman is *pissed*.

Don't we skip a year ahead after Infinite Crisis? That's what I heard.

~Carr

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    After the story in "Infinite Crisis" ends, the DCU jumps ahead to "One Year Later". Though those stories will see print first, by the time issue five hits. "52" will cover the missing year, as each issue is published each week, for 52 weeks.

The JLA does break up, but will be brought back together when Brad Metzler relaunches the book this summer.

I think this story is important, because it sums up everything about DC and comics in general. At least, in a way that's different from Mark Waid and Alex Ross when they did "Kingdom Come." Kal-L doesn't realize that while the world is paranoid, it's also not worth losing. There's no guarantee that Earth-2 would be just like it used to be, if it came back.

5. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    That's good to know, I just know after reading Wizard last month I was a bit concerned.

~PK~

6. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Confirmed/speculated so far:

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Hal Jordan/Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Elongated Man

The last three are speculation, though the first one is all but confirmed.

7. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Ok Im a little confused, when did hal Jordan return as a GL? What happend to Kyle Rainer?

8. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Green Lantern: Rebirth.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_Lantern

Click on the main article about each GL.

9. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Cool, thanks.

10. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Of course the big question is: Who will be Batman after Identity Crisis and Infinite Crisis, especially if Nightwing/Dick Grayson and/or Batman/Bruce Wayne die at the conclusion of Infinite Crisis?

11. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    WHAT???????? :eek: :eek:

12. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005

.>>>> Spoilers/Speculation<<<<

It's been pretty much confirmed that at least two characters are going to die after Infinite Crisis and most of the speculation is Flash/Wally West and one of the Bat characters. Most feel it'll be either Dick or Bruce with heavy speculation going towards Dick buying it at the hands of either Batman/Bruce Wayne or Jason Todd/Red Hood.

13. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Ok I did not know that. I am definately buying Infinate Crisis now. Forget waiting for the TPB to come out.

14. Dana

Dana Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 3, 2005
    I agree with Jules.

15. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I highly doubt that we'll see Bruce Wayne, Dick Grayson or Tim Drake die. It's entirely possible that Bruce will spend the leap-year out of the Bat-suit, but I think that we're going to see the same faces under the masks after the Crisis.

However, my money is on Renee Montoya as the new Batwoman.

16. citizenjohn

May 4, 2001
    Welll i just picked up the first 3 Infinite Crisis issues. But my comic guy said I should read the OMAC story and some other arcs before to get the full effect.

17. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    According to the latest issue of Wizard, Batman and Robin are not in Gotham. They've been kept out of the city for a year. The Question, the new Catwoman and the new Batwoman are it's guardians. The Robin costume has been modified to look like the last two years of the Animated series, with a different cape design. No word on if it's Tim as Robin or not. Nightwing is heading up the Outsiders, who have gone covert. But there's confusion as to whether it's Dick or Jason. The rumor of Batman being locked up is appearently just that.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I don't know Raven, there's been some strong hints at DC regarding a major death in the Bat family. And Febauary's Bat cover does not assuage my concerns.

As for Batwoman: It'll be Barbara Gordon after she regains use of her legs in Crisis.

19. Darth_Omega

Darth_Omega Force Ghost star 6

May 19, 2002
    Nah, she's far more effective as Oracle then Batwoman. I have to agree with Raven and say its Renee Montoya

20. PrincessKenobi

Aug 12, 2000
    This is going to be a great year in comics, and I really need to hurry and get caught up.

~PK~

21. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    My people! :eek: :D Fellow comic fans! [face_dancing]

Sorry, had to get that out of the way. :p

I'm not sure on the Renee=Batwoman theory. It would be great to see her get back in the game, but hasn't she been hitting the bottle hard?

Re: One Year Later... It pleases me to see Giffen back writing Blue Beetle, considering the past year has basically torn the heart out of 'Justice League Bwha-ha-ha' by offing Sue, Ted and screwing over some of the others. Any rumors on the JSA?

22. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    Not a whole lot going on with the JSA, other than dealing with the aftermath of the Infinite Crisis. Mostly the JLA is being affected.

23. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Well, they've said that they're calling her the "Drunk Knight" during the 52 series. For myself, I really like the idea. Right now, Renee is fed up with the justice system and Gotham PD. As Batwoman, she'd be able to take the law into her own hands.

24. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Interesting theory but I like my Babs as Batwoman a bit better.

Curious as there is no April spoilers for DC's books yet.

25. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I disagree. . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.