main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Identity Crisis (OC/S, K/J, J/T) Post DN AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by chaotic-force, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaotic-force

chaotic-force Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2006
    Title: Identity Crisis
    Author: Chaotic-Force
    Characters: OC/Syal, Kyp/Jaina, Jacen, tahiri
    Summary: A man without a past finds himself caught in a battle waging inside the Jedi order.

A/N: I know i shouldn't be writing two stories at once, but this idea has been pestering me for a while. This chapter is really only a teaser for the actual story, expect the first full chapter to be posted on Saturday.

IDENTITY CRISIS

PROLOGUE

What?s in a name? What power do these random titles hold? How can these letters define who we are, what we become? I don?t know, I don?t think anyone really knows.

Most people try to ignore the question. They claim that their name, their family, doesn?t define who they are. They argue that a man is judged by the content of his character, and other puritanical nonsense like that. These same people also live in clean apartments and have time to argue their points over shots of brandy. These people don?t even realize that they are living off the spoils of their legacies.

There are others that aren?t so fortunate. There are those who are born without names of recognition. Instead of their true names they are referred to as undesirables, or vent crawlers. They know what it is like to have their names taken away from them, and watch as they become statistics or trends.

The way I see it, names are like scars. You can ignore them, hide them, or change them, but the mark is still there. I am willing to bet my life, that I never see a Skywalker cook a fried Kaff burger at a local deli, or a Solo begging for a living. No, these names seem to be forever graced by destiny, by importance, to hell with the rest of us.

Now I shouldn?t complain. My life, as I remember it, never included horrible jobs, and degrading work. I?ve had what you might call a comfortable life. I don?t like standing on this soapbox, but I still notice things. I notice the way a person averts their eyes when you mention the name Skywalker. How a man might take an honorary drink when someone talks about a Solo?s latest exploit. How young women dress to pretend they?re Mara Jade. They don?t know the people, only the name, and by proxy the legend.

So what?s my name? The answer is far more complicated then it should be. For the moment you can call me Canaan. For the last eight months I?ve been living on Coruscant. My life has been fairly unremarkable, until now. Now I?m caught up in something big, something I?m not sure I?m going to survive. I guess that?s why I want you to know my story. I want you to know, so that when this is all over, if I?m not around, someone will remember my name. Blech, listen to me getting all weepy.

So what?s in my name? Why has it suddenly become important? Well that?s the fifty thousand credit question. I don?t know, but I?m doing my best to find out. So grab a seat, this is sure to be a rocky ride.

F/N: Thanks everyone who has read this. I know there is no much here, but any comments would really help as I progress with this story.

2. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Looks intresting. Do you mind PM'ing me!

3. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    is it syal opening the story?

4. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    hmmmm. Intersting... more soon?

TPJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.