main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Identity crisis

Discussion in 'Archive: Quad Cities (old board)' started by QCPsychoJedi, Aug 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QCPsychoJedi

QCPsychoJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 10, 2002
    I have decided to accept my destiny and embrace the new name. I guess it kinda fits since I have a quirky sense of humor. Just as long as people realize I'm not actually imbalanced :p

Steve I saw that Kit Fisto mask you were talking about. It looks ok at first but unfortunately it would seem that the tentacles are molded into place and won't move. On top of that his coloring is nothing like the movie since the mask has these wierd markings on it and the green looks kinda sickly. Maybe someone took too much creative license.

I'll probably order the mask and then cannibalize it for parts. I'll keep the eyesand maybe part of the upper forehead but a combination of plastic, nylon, cotton, and water based paint will have to make up the rest. Good start though.

2. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    Mark just remember than a nickname given to you by Chris and Steve is a gift of freindship how do you think i got DUDES!!!!!!!!!!

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah you don't wanna know the nickname their dad gave me...although i bet you can guess. *rolls her eyes* ;)

4. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002

Hun you told me what their dad came up with at the cookout. I feel your pain. No worries though. No one actually calls you that do they?

5. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Knowing Big Steve, I can come up with three things off the top of my head...I will not speak them here...

He has called me many things... "hotrod", "technoColor Kid"(do to my ever changing hair colors)...the list goes on.

To have a name from him is a great honor, he has actualy taken time to notice you. Otherwise he would just refer to you as a honyak (whateverthatis).

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh yeah, I'm still getting used to who is whom on here :)

Yeah according to "Big Steve", I'm sure I'm hard to mis *smirks*

7. Neckless06

Neckless06 Jedi Youngling

Aug 11, 2002
    you people have no idea of what steve and chris's dad is like i've lived in fear of that man for most of my adult life. the fact that he actaully acknowledges my presence from time to time is a great honor. and when he actually congradualates me on making it out here i was surprised he even knew i had left the state. if you dont believe me ask chris or steve. oh and luke the beat me and tortured me but i would not give up our secret ways.

8. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Dad's always have this way of occasionally coming off as a Darth Vader type but I can't imagine it's as dramatic as all that.

The number one reason this order is a cool idea has to do with friends coming together, not to overstate the obvious or anything. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone beyond Star Wars. I've learned so much already and that's cool. It's nice to have a group of friends outside of Palmer. Those people like to talk shop about chiro way too much and the drama there is like a high school lol.

Btw, I have the Kit Fisto all figured out and only 14 months ahead of time. hmmm

9. zpac4

zpac4 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2002
    Neck! How the heck are ya???? How did Basic go? The fact that you're still around is good. The QCJO welcomes your long-awaited return. You have been missed. Take it easy, and remember that when you get home you and your Nazi friends will belong to me! HA HA HAAAAAAAA! Z

10. Neckless06

Aug 11, 2002
    Zach after 4 months of this my nazis and i will unleash our vengeance on the world. not to mention that 4 semester hours of military strategy classes should help. Basic was a pain but i have lived and have only become stronger. i shall destroy you and your allied dogs!!!

11. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    Wasn't Hitler the boy genius who tried to attack Russia in the winter? And didn't he only have one nut? And didn't he commit suicide because he never had the guts to accept what was coming to him? Wow talk about your role models. :D

12. Neckless06

Aug 11, 2002
    Hey its not Germany's fault that Hitler was a moron. If the General's had been able to kill him they could have easily won the war. And it wasnt attacking Russia wasnt a bad idea it was bad timing and tactics. They stopped using the blitzkrieg which had worked for so long had they stuck with the tried and true they could have annihalted the Russians and then dealt with the Allies.

13. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    The thing about fighting the Russians was that they outmanned the Germans by like 3 to 1 odds. You had to be really quick - lots of sneaking around. Towards the end of the war, Hitler got stupid and started making mistakes. I don't think it was going away from the blitz as much as it was bad planning. Attacking them in the winter wasn't a great idea, either - the cold was wrecking havoc on equipment and the troops themselves, which the Russians were equipped to handle. Once the Russians started pushing instead of falling back (out of necessity), it was over. But I do remember a few battles that were practically unwinnable and Hitler went with them anyway. He was a madman, afterall. Madmen make mistakes. And it's probably a good thing he did, too - otherwise, we'd all be speaking German.

14. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    Plus, the fact that Germany had to go help Italy (who were getting overrun by the Grecian army, for pete's sake) made it really hard on them. It's difficult when you're fighting on three fronts. Two is bad enough.

15. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Ok I just have to point out the obvious:

This thread has taken a strange and almost disturbing turn.

*runs back to the Scotland boards where they may be drinking but at least they're predictable* ;)

16. QCJediTim

QCJediTim Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2002
    I want to second what Cari said this thread has gotten disturbing. Who cares this is star wars not WWII. But let's consider the sources here a guy named Psycho, a guy named Neck, and the member of the QC Jedi Order no one has ever seen. [face_mischief]

The death star has cleared the planet

17. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I thought they were talking about the game "Axis & Allies"...oh well. You'll allowed to discuss whatever, doesn't have to be about Star Wars, just as long as everything stays PG, as these are supposed to be a family friendly forums.

18. Neckless06

Aug 11, 2002
    Just because no one knows who i am doesnt make me strange its not my fault i stationed in colorado. And furthermore the russians only won because hitler wasnt smart enough to fall back from stalingrad. if the generals had been able to lead like they could the russians would have been defeated that year. Anyways zach thanksgiving me and you axis and allies no holds barred

19. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Oh I was just being a smart ass, just pointing out that it had taken a weird angle. I have no problem with it personally, and yeah you can talk about whatever you want here :D

20. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah, I thought that the turning point was Stalingrad, but it had been awhile since WWII histroy class. Hitler wasn't with the army and had no clue what was going on (basically the blind leading the blind), and Stalingrad was all the ego thing with Hitler (I'll take Stalin's city, then I'll be king of the Universe). What a tard. I miss A&A - a lot. Hopefully, those gay pilot boys have taught you how to command an army! Otherwise, you belong to me! HA HA HAAAAAAAA!

21. zpac4

Jul 23, 2002
    Oh, and I'm sorry everybody. I know this isn't everyone's kind of thing, but I have four loves in my life - my fiance, Star Wars, baseball, and 20th century History. Gotta keep my game sharp.

22. QCPsychoJedi

Aug 10, 2002
    My buddy Brian is the most hardcore WW2 fanatic I've ever seen. He's collected a pistol that belonged to Hitler's guard and even has a piece of the Berlin wall. I don't get into as much myself and I've been moving for the past 3 days straight so pardon my tardiness in responding.

23. Count_Looku

Count_Looku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    "...wanna get psycho, wanna hear you sa..." ok so maybe this isnt apropriate!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.