Idiot needs help....

Discussion in 'Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by JediFlo, Jul 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFlo Jedi Padawan

Hey guys and gals!! I've been lurking for a bit, trying to pick up some pointers on where to get started on the Star Wars CCG. Well, thanks to some advice fro one of the posters here, I picked up a DSII starter deck and am now trying to get acquainted with the game.

My question is this: The rulebook says these cards are desined to be used with the Endor and DSII sets. Does this mean that the Star Wars CCG is really a bunch of smaller games that use only cards from certain sets? Or, is that really a load of hooey and you're free to mix up cards from different sets into your decks?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide, and feel free to give me any more advice on getting started!! I'm sure you'll be seeing me post more dumb questions in the weeks to come. :)
  2. Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games)

VIP
    star 4
    You are free to use whatever you would like :) Basically what Decipher was saying was that (at the time) new players could purchase Endor and DSII sets and still be competitive. Which is true to a certain extant. All begnning players should invest in Premiere, Special Edition, and the Enhanced products.
  3. pinbstr300 Jedi Knight

star 1
    you are free to mix up cards any way you want. if you are interested in getting other cards, buy some Reflections 1 or 2 packs. they have a mixture of older cards and one foil each. if you need any other help feel free to email me pinbstr300@aol.com or private message me.

basically, I recommend you play with those decks for a bit and become aquainted with the game before you start branching out. if you need any suggestions on where to go next, everyone here is great to ask about deck building (you will find some reviews in past topics) some of my decks, and some of everyone elses.

one last thing...what you saw with endor and death star 2 is closed enviornment. also, since they are very closely tied, a lot of the cards work well together (In my opinion). you may want to start by branching out into a couple of packs of endor, then the reflections. unless you play in a closed enviornment, you are welcome to use any card made for a tournament deck.

good luck! and if you have any further questions, just ask. :)
  4. Hunter_Rose Jedi Knight

Same as above. The DSII starters are the best place to start.
    Preimiere and A New Hope have many many staple cards that you'll see used in a lot of decks...
    You'll see a umber of "enhanced" products that contain cards not available anywhere else. Most of them are good investments and you get 3-4 packs of cards that you'ld probably buy anyway.. it's a good deal.
    Relfections 1 & 2 have foil versions of "popular" rares and several heavily used rares from various sets and a decent assortment of cards from earliers sets as well. Not bad if you're not sure what you want yet.
    If you get a chance, most SW players have a ton of extra cards they couldn't trade away, but are still usefull or necessary (like locations).. more often than not we just give the stuff away.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.