main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iedos Liberare[Free the Jedi] (JA, Obi Angst/torture) It's Here! LOOONNG End Post!! 4/8!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arldetta, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Title: Iedos Liberare (latin for "Free the Jedi") <I don't know why I wanted it in Latin, I just did. Special thanks to MrBoddy :) >

Summary: Some Jedi students are kidnapped. There is a search to find them. <brief, I know and very generic, but I didn't want to give anything away.>

Disclaimer: I don't own star wars or any of the chars from star wars. Although I did create a number of chars this round. You should know the diff.

Author's Note: Ok, I read all the JA books, at least once, and after writing this beginning, I re-read a few again. Thus, I do know this is very similar to a section of one of the books, but that was not my intention. Things play out differently, definately different. So please forgive me. Also, thoughts are in <>'s and mental messages are in {}'s.

Like I said Work in Progess, so please give me feed back. I really will need it on this. I know this one is short, and am working on editing the second piece right now so hold tight. Thanks for reading.

--------------------------------------------

Obi-wan walked down the ramp to a hanger on Coruscant. The bustling City Planet reflected the orderly chaos of everyday life for the billions of beings residing there. He took in a deep breath as the familiar smells of his home swirled around him. His Master, Qui-gon Jinn, came strolling out behind him. They were finally returning to the Jedi Temple. Recently, they had been sent on numerous missions that brought them from world to world before coming back to Coruscant. Obi-wan looked forward to the relaxing gardens of the Temple and the possibilities of seeing old friends. Even at the young age of sixteen the boy had been on enough missions to sometimes feel as old as Yoda. Grateful for this slight reprieve in their continual journey, Obi-wan waited at the bottom of the ramp for his Master.

?I sorry not taking them to temple, but ran late to deliver shipment,? the broken Basic of the pilot called after them from the top of the entrance ramp.

?We are grateful for your assistance. We can find our way back to the Temple. No need to apologize,? Qui-gon turned back to the burly little pilot.

Obi-wan always marveled at how considerate Qui-gon could be to seemingly ?sinister? looking characters. He waved back at the pilot with a smile and set off after his Master.

Once they reached the streets, Qui-gon glanced back to note their location and recognized the sector. He could feel the anxious nature of his Padawan as they walked down the avenues of the city planet. Not wanting to delay the youth from their primary destination Qui-gon suggested, ?I think I?m going to visit a friend that lives in this sector. Why don?t you go on back to the Temple and we?ll go to the Council when I get back.?

?Alright, Master. As long as you?ll be ok.? Obi-wan was keen to get back to his home and didn?t mind parting from his Master to get there sooner. Qui-gon nodded and Obi-wan smiled as he turned to head off toward the Temple. Qui-gon wandered off in the opposite direction as Obi-wan quickened his step. In his eagerness to get back, Obi-wan didn?t notice the disturbance in the Force until he was almost on top of it. He felt something troubling down an alleyway to his right. Cautiously, he made his way into the side street. As he rounded the corner he noticed a figure lying on the ground. He carefully made his way to the prone individual to check their vitals. When he turned the person over, a hand shot out and scratched him. The figure stood up and simply stared at him. A hood hid their features from Obi-wan and he didn?t understand what was happening at first. He glanced at the minor scratch on the back side of his hand and when he looked back at the assailant a wave of dizziness crashed into him. The figure in front of him distorted as the world around him began to twist violently. <I?ve been drugged>. {Master. Master, I?m in trouble!} Obi-wan thought desperately as blackness quickly over took him. And then nothing.

2. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Here is the next bit. Still only a snipet, but tell me what you think so far. Please.

:(

Qui-gon had made his way though the roads and causeways of the district to his friend?s residence. He alerted the door?s security system and spoke his name. He waited for a few moments before a buzzer sounded letting him know the door was open. Once inside, a man greeted him that was about his height. The man wore some dirty overalls and a broad smile. ?Qui-gon, my old friend, how good it is to see you. How long has it been??

?At least a few years. How have you been, J?fidah? I was in the sector and thought you wouldn?t mind a quick visit.? Qui-gon returned the smile and grasped the man?s hand. J?fidah motioned Qui-gon further into his home. ?I see you?ve made yourself useful.?

?I run a garage now. Have been fer the past 3 years. I just got back when you came along. Haven?t even had the chance t?get comfy. But no matter, how?ve you been? Still savin? the galaxy from evil?? He moved to a meal preparation station and fixed the two a drink.

?Well, a Jedi?s work is never done. You should know that. Besides, I enjoy being busy.?

?Heard some buzz talk ?bout you recently. You and your little friend, what?s his name, oh that?s right, Obi-wan.? He said it friendly enough but J?fidah noticed a change in his companion. He hoped he had not tread unpleasant territory.
    At the mention of his Padawan?s name, Qui-gon felt the hairs on the back of his neck raise. Suddenly, he wished he hadn?t sent the boy off alone. He tried to regain composure but the Force began screaming at him to find his apprentice. His friend?s voice cut through his distraction, ?Sorry if I upset you. Didn?t mean any harm.? Qui-gon tried to reassure his friend with a smile.

?It?s not you. It?s just I suddenly had a feeling. Everything should be fine. Maybe I came at a bad time.? The urgency in the Force prompted him to cut his visit short. Then fervently a message came to him, {Master. Master, I?m in trouble!} Qui-gon?s heart fell. His feeling that his Padawan was in danger solidified and he knew it was already too late. For what, he didn?t know. He faltered as he turned. ?I must get back to the Temple immediately. Something has happened to Obi-wan.?

?I have a speeder we can take. I modified it m?self. We?ll be there ?fore you know it.? J?fidah pulled Qui-gon toward the parking platform and forced him into a dirty little machine. As long as the vehicle was as fast as J?fidah claimed, Qui-gon could stand it?s appearance. They rushed into the traffic of the skyways destined for the spires of the Jedi Temple.

3. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oooooooh, good start Arldetta :)

What has Obi's good heart gotten him into this time? Trouble is always finding that poor boy :D

Looking forward to more soon, and wondering who this mysterious victim who drugged our Obi is. Was Obi the target or did he just happen to be the one to find him/her?

Need answers, post soon okay?

4. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    Oooooo. Obi-Angst?

-- Runs eagerly into thread and gobbles up post --

-- Burp --

More? :)

5. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    Interesting...Latin huh? I've always wanted to do something like that. All I know is some stuff in Spanish like "Can I go to the bathroom" and that's it. :) And Fallen, stop eating the threads!

6. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    -- Spits out threads --

I'M SORRY!! :_|

7. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Shanobi & Fallen - Thanks for stoping by. Hope this one entices you as much as it is me. ;)

MCK - I had to ask around to get it right, really all I know is a bit of German. (Darf ich bitte auf die Tolette gehen? = May I go to the bathroom? ;) )

Will do my best to update both stories by the end of tonight. Thanks again for reading!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

8. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    OK, folks same deal as Not as it Seems

One last nibble before I head off from work. Hope you enjoy...... ;)

Obi-wan woke to a world of darkness. Groggily, he tried to take in his surroundings. The potent drug in his system dulled his senses. All was black and he could touch all the sides of his cell, the space around him was no larger than four feet high by three feet across. His arms wrapped around his knees as he waited to be set free. He could feel a slight vibration through the floor, which told him they were moving. His box was on a vehicle of some sort. He couldn?t tell how long he had been out but hoped it wasn?t longer than a few hours. Obi-wan decided to send a message through the Force to his Master, hoping Qui-gon would be able to trace it. He called upon the Force to gather around him and provide strength to his effort. Panic ran through him when the Force did not respond. The box he was in must have been made of a material that could block him from the Force. He was trapped with nothing to guide or support him. Calming himself, he tried his best to rationalize that he wouldn?t be cut off from it forever. He needed patience. His patience was tested as he remained in darkness for several more hours.

9. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    great start.... Love the Obi Angst.

Will be waiting for more.

10. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    Hey! Obi angst! I love it! Please keep going... :)

11. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Great start here. :) I can't wait to find out who has Obi and why they want him. :)

12. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Oh, great start. I love Obi angst. Post again soon!

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Thanks all for the kind and generous encouragement. I'm re-reading the next section as we 'type' and will hopefully be able to get that posted tomorrow morning. (EST) I am really working hard on this one and I hope you don't find it a bit too cliche` or corny. I'm not sure how else to put it. I even had to do research. That was a change for me. <If only my old English teachers knew, HA!>

Thanks again and welcome BlueJedi, Jemmiah, Abbi_Cee and Cascadia!

:D :D :D :D :D

And yes this is yet another shameless UPing of a story! [face_mischief]

14. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Well- I'm glad you Upped this story- or else I would't have found it!

Wonderful Obi-Angst! *sits back in chair, and relaxes* I love angst... 8-}

Can't wait for more! :)

15. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    *gets in box with Obi* YOU'RE NOT ALONE OBI! I'M HERE FOR YOU! *hugs Obi*
    Obi:...I wanna be alone...

16. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Sheleigh - I'm glad too! You will be seeing a lot more angst later on. hehehe. [face_devil]

MCK - Get out, that's my Obi! [face_mischief] I guess it's ok. There's enough Obi-wan to go around with all the AU's out there. :D

Anyway, here's the next post. Hope everyone enjoys.

Please give me feed back!! I want to know if this is working. Let me know if I'm screwing up, so I can correct it. Thank You!

---------------------------------------------

Qui-gon headed for the Council chamber. He needed to inform them of his Padawan?s disappearance and find out if they had heard anything from the captors. J?fidah followed at his heels. As they headed down the hall, they saw a Jedi Master guiding a young girl back to the lift. The Jedi student was upset about something. They could hear her arguing, ?I know she?s gone. Why won?t you listen to me? She?s in danger. They?re all in danger. We have to help them!?

?They are just feelings. You can?t be sure. Your sister is on a trip with a competent Master. The students and your sister are fine.? The Jedi Master tried to calm the frustrated child.

Qui-gon stopped in front of the two. ?What seems to be the problem??

The Jedi Master moved to dismiss the issue when the girl cut her off. ?My sister has been kidnapped and no one will listen to me. I tried to tell the Council that students were in trouble but they wouldn?t let me in.? The girl?s deep emerald eyes were rimmed with tears. Her black hair, with red streaks, was braided down the girl?s back. She looked into Qui-gon?s eyes and pleaded, ?Do you believe me, Master??

Qui-gon glanced at the other Jedi and then turned back to J?fidah. J?fidah had read Qui-gon?s expression and understood that there must be a connection between this girl?s sister and Obi-wan?s disappearance. Qui-gon looked back at the girl and gave a quick nod. ?Actually, I do believe you. I have come here on a similar feeling to talk with the Council. Wait here with my friend, J?fidah, while I speak to them, Initiate?.? Qui-gon motioned the girl towards his friend and gave the girl a questioning look.

The girl?s face brightened with hope at Qui-gon?s assurance and then understood his hesitation, ?MiraCyn.? She supplied the information Qui-gon searched for. The other Jedi gave Qui-gon an exasperated glance and Qui-gon ignored her. He made his way into the Chamber and disrupted their conversation.

The Council was not complete as chairs stood empty. Yoda?s ears twitched as he turned to Qui-gon. Mace Windu directed a frown at the Jedi Master who did not falter under it?s severity. ?Qui-gon, what is the reason for this intrusion?? Mace?s voice stated clearly.

?I have come to inform you that Obi-wan is missing. Also, a girl outside is claiming that her sister, as well as, other students has been kidnapped. I believe that these incidents are related. I would like to know if you have heard anything in regards to this development.? Ever the diplomat, Qui-gon stated what he knew while trying to restrain his swirling emotions.

?No,? Yoda said. ?However, grave news this is. Discussing we were of another Padawan?s disappearance. Connected they must be. But we have not heard of others missing.? They all sat quietly for a moment before the door burst open again. ?What is the matter, Master Xichu??

?My students have been abducted! I was knocked out, they used a strong drug on me, after I responded to a distress call. When I woke they were no where to be found. I searched the Temple quickly to see if any of them made it back. I almost had hope when I saw the student outside, but she wasn?t my student.? Hurriedly, Xichu Kren blurted our what happened.

The Jedi student had crept to the door and listened. When she heard Xichu?s report she burst in, ?I told you she was gone. No one would listen. They are in danger. They have been taken off Planet. I?ll not see her again.? The girl could no longer fend off her fear, allowing it to colour the possibilities of her future. Tears traced her yo

17. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    UP!

I need feedback!

:_| :_| :_| :_| :_|

18. BlueJedi

BlueJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    this is great. Can not wait to see what happens next.

will be waiting anxiously for more

19. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Jul 5, 2002
    Don't cry! MCK is here! Still in a box with Obi! YOU CAN'T GET ME OUT! MWAHAHAHA! *stops* Sorry bout that...post again soon. Qui, get moving! Find Obi now!

20. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    BlueJedi - Thanks. :D

Feedback, crave feedback!!!

:_| :_| :_|

21. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah, Qui. Find Obi!

I love Qui-Gon's shoulder squeezes. Anyway, he had better find Obi soon!

22. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    That was wonderful, Arldetta! Darn council *strangles* I don't like them sometimes- they can be real jerks! Grr...

*glowers at MCK* heeey... out of the box, quit hogging Obi!

Again, marvelous, Arldetta.

Can't help wondering- where Obi? Is he in pain? will there be angst? (I think you answered that...)

8-} more soon!

23. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    MCK - Sorry, didn't see you there, hey wait a second, I said Out of the Box!!!! You're crushing Obi! Bad, MCK, bad. :p

Cascadia - Thank you. ;)

Sheleigh - Hopefully some answers will be in the next post. As for angst, be patient.

Remember Feedback keeps creative juices flowing!!! Thanks again for reading. :D :D :D

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, here's another postie! Hope it's not too boring for you. I'm still trying to set-up. Be patient, please.

Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------

Obi-wan?s crate had jostled for a moment and he could tell he was being lifted. They had set the box down yet nothing released to let it?s contents out. Anxiety began to course through him as he heard movement beyond and still nothing opened. Momentarily, he thought, <Maybe they don?t know I?m in here.> After another moment he realized, <The planning of the capture was too well thought out. If they wanted a prisoner they would not ship them off just because. No, there is a reason behind all this. I?ll have to wait to find out what it is.> The darkness and small space slowly had eaten away Obi-wan?s patience. The air was getting stuffy and all he desired was fresh air. Dread crept into him as nothing happened. <Why were they taking so long?> After another hour in the void, Obi-wan finally heard the noise of movement beyond his prison. He placed his ear against the wall to listen better. He heard a soft whoosh and then something fall. <Could they have other prisoners as well?> He heard the sound four more times when suddenly bright light bombarded him. The door to his crate had opened so quickly that the bright light beyond flooded in. His hands shot up to protect his eyes. Little by little his eyes adjusted. He heard a voice bellow at him loudly, ?Come out, Jedi.? The vehemence in his voice was obvious. Obi-wan crawled out and pulled himself upright. The large gruff man in front of him held an electro-jabber but made no move to use it. Obi-wan made it to his feet but wavered as he tried to control his cramped legs. The room they were in was white and a door was just beyond the man. Obi-wan heard someone cough beside him and turned. To his surprise there were five other Jedi students next to him. They each had a metallic crate behind them. Loading bay doors comprised the back wall. Obi-wan considered his fellow inmates. He was the last one in the row. The Student at the opposite end was a Bothan. Next to the Bothan was a human girl, about 10 or 11 years old. She had yellow eyes and sable hair. A boy about the same age with deep blue hair and grey skin stood next to her. His piercing orange eyes expressed a confidence Obi-wan knew he didn?t have. A Twi?lek girl was next and she stared at her feet, hoping this was all a bad dream. Closest to Obi-wan was another human girl with long black hair that she wore in a braid. He could see red streaks run through it as the light bounced off. She glanced at him for a moment and he could see deep green eyes that could easily be mistaken for black voids. He was about to speak to them when the man brought them back to the present. ?Jedi, you will taught by our leader Serrine. She has much to discuss with you. But first I want you to know, this compound is electronically fenced in. The boundaries are not marked. If any or all of you should venture beyond them not only will you be punished but all will be punished. Each of you has a bracelet that is connected to the other five. We can access them individually or as a group.?

During the speech, each student in turn grabbed their cuffed wrist. A quick jolt shot up their arm. Then to validate his point further, all received a longer charge of pain, and a couple buckled under the intensity. Obi-wan remained still through it all, only gritting his teeth against the shocks. The man smiled briefly and continued, ?Don?t go trying to be a Hero. What you just felt was only a taste of what we can do. I suggest you all listen to Serrine very carefully and this will go smoothly.? He paced in front of them and stopped at Obi-wan. ?I suggest you heed my words carefully. I have no troubles making examples of them for you.? Obi-wan looked at the man blankly but he could feel the others eyes pleading with him. He would have to wait for now until they were rescued or he could come up with a plan.

The door opened and

25. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Hm. Interesting. Why would someone want to re-educate Jedi students? Let us know soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.