main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iedos Liberare[Free the Jedi] (JA, Obi Angst/torture) It's Here! LOOONNG End Post!! 4/8!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arldetta, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Jovieve - Welcome!!! And Thank you! :D I went in the big cylinder MRI and I was not happy by the end of it. Yuck!

<Up from the ashes!>

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Wow, that was pretty nasty. While I've never considered myself claustrophobic I doubt I would have lasted long in that tube. I think part of is the breath coming back at you making you realize how small a space you have. Very nice detail, I found myself having to get up and move just to prove to myself I could. :)

3. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Abbi_Cee - Thanks. I'm glad you liked the description. I really want to convey that intensity. :)

You know, I have been reading through a lot of other people's stuff and realize now how vastly inferior my writing is. (Exemplified so profoundly in the long run on sentence I just wrote.) So I must suggest, stop reading this crap. Go find something worthy of your time. If I get around to it, I'll post later. I could at least finish what I started. Thanks to those who have put up with me so far. :( TTFN.

4. amt55

amt55 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 7, 2002
    This is a great story. Please post more soon.

And what do you mean that your writing is inferior???!!! You are a great writer. Don't give up on your writing.

5. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    amt55 - I thank you for your kind words. I will finish what I started. I just know I have to enhance my writing. It's lacking in many aspects. But I won't give up. I have only just found something that gives me a lot of joy and allows me to escape my world. I'll just have to work harder at it. Thanks again. :)

As Promised, the next post....

---------------------------------------------

Astri was waiting tables as usual, when Qui-gon entered the humble Café. She squealed with glee when she spotted the big Jedi. Hugging him, she said, ?Qui-gon it?s so good to see you. We?ve missed you.? She noticed the girl following him but did not see Obi-wan. ?Where?s Obi-wan??

?That?s why I?m here.? He answered her.

Astri grabbed at her heart. ?He isn?t?.? She couldn?t complete the horrible thought.

?No,? Qui-gon said. ?And I hope it won?t end that way. We were hoping you could help us. Can we talk somewhere private? This is MiraCyn.? He gestured toward the girl behind him.

Astri smiled a quick greeting. ?Let?s go to the back, we?ll talk to Didi.? The three moved through the small Café into a back room. Papers littered the room but no one seemed to worry about the disarray. Didi smiled at the sight of his old friend. He moved around the desk to hug the Jedi. ?Didi, they?ve come for help.?

?What seems to be the problem, Qui-gon?? Didi picked up the importance in his daughter?s voice.

?Some Jedi Students have been kidnapped and we are trying to gather any clues as to why.? The Jedi Master briefed.

Didi looked from Qui-gon to the girl behind him and understood now why Qui-gon was involved. ?Obi-wan is one of them, isn?t he?? The Jedi?s eyes moistened, but held back the tears. Among friends, Qui-gon relaxed a little when showing his feelings. ?Then I will do my best to help you. I owe him and you my life and more importantly, my daughter?s life. We will not rest until he?s home safe.?

Qui-gon?s voice caught in his throat. ?Thank you my old friend. This is MiraCyn, her sister is also one of the missing Jedi. Perhaps you have heard something in regards to this??

?I?m trying to think, but off the top of my head, I can?t say that I have.? They sat in silence for a moment.

?Obi-wan told me how Astri helped a village on Sorrus by discovering some vegetation to utilize as food and how to prepare it. Astri, do your skills also include produce identification?? Qui-gon asked.

?Of course. I have to prepare many different kinds of meals for the various Senators that visit the Café. I have become very familiar with the multitude of vegetation and meat products.? She replied.

Qui-gon then turned to MiraCyn, ?Do you think you could draw the plants you saw for Astri??

?I will do my best. Mys wasn?t really concentrating on them, so I didn?t get a very good picture. Do you have something I could draw on?? She turned to Didi. He nodded and pulled a fresh durasheet and writing implement from a drawer in his desk. She went to work right away. At times she would close her eyes and concentrate on the images in her memory. Astri moved closer to the girl to get a better view while she worked. Qui-gon and Didi remained quiet as not to distract the girls. When MiraCyn finally finished she passed the picture to Astri. ?I hope it?s ok. It?s the best I could do.?

Astri held the drawing for some minutes before she spoke. Qui-gon waited as patiently as he could. ?I know I have see this plant before. It?s just. Well, it?s not as obvious as I hoped it would be. Something?s just not right about it.? Qui-gon tried to hide his disappointment. MiraCyn?s shoulders drooped.

?I?m sorry, my art skills are not as strong as my healing skills. If only I had gotten a better image of them in my mind.? She admonished herself.

?Don?t be too hard on yourself. You did your best that?s all we can ask.? Qui-gon reassured.

?Besides, your drawing is fine, it?s my memory that?s failing. I?m sorry Qui-gon.? Astri added.

?The same advice goe

6. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I love how you threw in Didi and Astri and have Astri working to identify the plant. I didn't even think about that! Great idea!

And as usual... poor Obi-Wan!!! :_|

7. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    great post
    up

8. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    CK - I was originally going to do something different, but then the idea hit me and I couldn't resist it.

Kasiaskywalker - Thanks again. :D

9. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ahh... sorry I'm late.

Excellent as always, Arldetta. The use of Astri was a surprise, and well thought of too. I never would have assumed she could reckognize plants like that... though it makes sense.

And Obi-Wan's being confined it a bright blizzard? Wow- loved the description!

Can't wait for more! :)

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    sheleigh - My continued gratitude. :) Once the idea came I really enjoyed bringing Astri and Didi into the mix. :)

Enjoy the post......

Qui-gon and MiraCyn finished the meager meals given them. Qui-gon?s patience waned as the hours passed. He was beginning to think this detour was a mistake. He should have headed for the ports to secure ships instead he dilly-dallied at a Café that might not be of any help after all. His impatience was leading to disappointment and finally anger. Not at the friends who wished to help him but at himself. He should have seen the danger before letting Obi-wan head back without him. He decided he could not wait any longer. Just as he was about to speak, Astri exclaimed, ?That?s it! I knew something was different about this plant!?

?What? What is it, Astri?? Qui-gon questioned excitedly. He prayed that this would be the clue the needed.

?I know why I couldn?t place it before. I recognize the plant only because on rare occasions it is used as a garnish. However, the plant itself is not what it is used for.? Astri announced.

?What is it used for?? Didi was intrigued. He had been cooking for quite some time, but knew Astri had easily surpassed his skills.

?This, my friends, is a Chaawn plant. Chaawn root is the prize under the soil. They are excellent sources of nutrients. And because of their unique flavor can be very expensive. I hardly ever order a bushel of them myself. Only when asked specifically, do I prepare them.? Astri smiled now that the puzzle was solved.

?Where can they be harvested?? Qui-gon pondered.

?Well they can be found on a number of planets now. Colonists have taken them on their journeys. However, the best come from it?s indigenous environment.?

?And where is that?? Qui-Gon repeatedly trying to pull the information she eluded to.

?Chandrila, of course.? Qui-gon and MiraCyn exchanged glances as the answer they had been waiting for proved worth the wait.

?Do they grow anywhere else within the Core worlds?? MiraCyn wanted to cut out all other possibilities if they could.

?No, Chandrila is the only Core World that I know of.? Astri was pleased that she figured out the answer. And that she was able to assist the Jedi.

?Then we know where they are. We should tell the others.? MiraCyn verified.

?We know what Planet but we still don?t know where they are exactly. It?s a large place to look and many places to hide. Chandrila is sparsely populated but there are many gardens and farms across the planet.? Qui-gon went into deep thought for a moment. ?Astri, do you think you could do us one more favor??

?Anything. You know I would.?

?Can you search for the next shipment? Pretend you are looking to buy. Maybe that will give us our next lead.? Qui-gon voiced.

Astri nodded. ?No problem. I?ll get right on it. It shouldn?t take too long.?

?MiraCyn and I will head back to the Temple and apprise everyone on our discoveries. We look forward to hearing from you.? Qui-gon and MiraCyn parted the Café and headed back to the Jedi Temple. They told LaMinott and Xichu what they learned and decided that they should rest the night. They would need their strength. In the morning they would tell the Council and head off to Chandrila as soon as possible to search.

Sorry to do this, but the next post won't be for at least another day or two. I have to change a few things and it's going to be a long post. Hopefully it will be worth the wait. TTFN. :)

11. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    : CK gets out her rock-climbing gear and spikes:

2 days you say? No problem... I'll just chill here on Obi's cliff and wait :D

I do so love how Astri is being used to help narrow down where Obi is... it's just so creative :)

12. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    good post
    :D
    up

13. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    CK and kasiaskywalker - You guys are the best. :D I'm doing my best to get the next section done. I'm just not happy with it still. Hopefully, that post will come soon, just can't promise anything. Danke schon. ;) :)

14. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    De-lurking to tell you what a good job you are doing. Ignore CK's cliffie complaints since she seems to love leaving her readers hanging off of various precipices on a daily basis :)

back to lurking for a while. But I will still be here hiding in shadows and reading :)

15. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    PadawanKitara - Thank you. :) Don't worry, I think I can take CK's complaints. :D And I'll still be here, at some point anyway. TTFN. :D

16. Jovieve

Jovieve Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    {looks around}

No post yet?

17. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Jovieve - Ummm, opps. [face_blush] I will try to post by tomorrow, I finally found a direction I wanted to take just this morning on the drive to work. I really have been having a hard time with these upcoming section and I don't want to give you shoddy work. Please be patient. please. :) [face_blush] :)

18. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Yes! Astri figured it out! :) And the Jedi are off!

I realize this is incredibly redundant... but another excellent addition, Arldetta.

I'll just sit patiently and (try) to wait for another post. ;)

19. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
  20. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    sheleigh - Yes Astri pulled through.
    But will it be enough or in time? hmmmm. [face_devil]

CK - Luv ya. ;) :D

=======

Wow, This section was really difficult. I'm still not entirely happy with it but it's better than it originally was.

Sorry about the delay, I was caught up in reading another story and stuck with my baby writer's block. Now without further ado, here is the next, lllooonnnggg post. :D

Two hours after the blinding cold surrounded Obi-wan, he was plunged into a burning night. Sweat dripped off of him as he sat in the cramped space. The alcove remained the same size, just big enough for him to fit. There he wallowed in the suffocating darkness for another two hours, only to switch back to the chalky tempest. Sleep was non-existent as the prisons threw his systems into havoc. Fiza mercilessly forced him between the two rooms all night long. Obi-wan knew that his body couldn?t take much more of this abuse and could only hope that the end came quickly.

When morning dawned, Obi-wan relished the freedom. He was pulled from the compartment to join the others. Gingerly, he struggled to gain his footing. Weariness held his body, causing it to tremble slightly. A creeping infirmity blurred his vision and clouded his mind. Yet, even in his slight delirium he noted how vacant MysAri?s eyes were. <They must be drugging her still.> He realized slowly.

Fiza herded the Jedi to a new field. New instructions were given. The five students were to harvest Chaawn roots and pass their gatherings to Obi-wan. He would carry them back to a Hauler that waited in the middle of the fields. Once their task was completed, their reward was a meal and meditation time before class. Fiza made his way to the Overseer?s Hutch and guarded the prisoners in comfort.

The sunrise was brilliant and colorful. The golden rays warmed the land and creatures below. Occasionally, a gentle breeze caressed the earth. In touch once again with the living Force, Obi-wan?s mind and vision cleared enough to allow him to work effectively if not efficiently. Each student had been sent down a row of their own. Their captors learned the lesson from the day before. The work was hard. Digging through the ground, they located the large Chaawn Roots. The smaller ones were at least six inches in length and a good ten inches around. Due to their bulky size the containers filled quickly. Obi-wan doggedly tried his best to keep up. Gradually he fell behind, due to the fatigue that gripped his body. Dust levitated by the tender zephyr offered by the air to touch the arid soil, agitated Obi-wan?s lungs. Periodically, the tickle in the back of his throat demanded appeasement and forced him to cough. Dispelling it as nothing to concern himself with, he concentrated on his errand. At one point, he tried to carry all five buckets in a single trip, only to stumble most of the way under the strain. Deciding that was futile, Obi-wan carried what he could as best he could. Either way, it would not matter for him. Their keeper repeatedly stressed the point that the quicker they were done the longer they would have for relaxation. The hours passed as the sun rose and scorched the fields below.

One by one, the students were permitted to head back to the compound. Their section of the acreage harvested, the children were joyous to return. Some time later, only MysAri and Obi-wan remained. MysAri?s benumbed awareness slowed her progress. Obi-wan?s lagging strength held him back. And the tickle became more incessant for his consideration. Fortunately, MysAri?s lethargy benefited Obi-wan. He was able to catch up to her yield before she finished. As Obi-wan bent down in her immediate area he heard a soft breeze drift by. Words formed in his ears, ?I?m not completely spaced-out.? He paused only for a fraction of a moment, as he understood the message. Obi-wan carried the buckets away, doing his best not to draw attention to himself. He needed to

21. CalaisKenobi

Jun 15, 2002
    [face_shocked] Was it worth the wait? Are you kidding? That was your best chapter yet! The defiance in Obi-Wan that Yoda admonishes him for in TPM is the one thing saving him and the other Jedi! If it wasn't for him, all of the others would have been pesuaded by Serrine's efficient and effective "training." Great post, but more soon ok? :D

CK

22. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    CK - Aaawwww, thanks. [face_blush] I was inspired by all the astonishingly wonderful other fan fic that I have read through the past few days. Hope I can keep it up. ;) TTFN. :D

23. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    To coin a phrase-

Always in motion, the boards are.

Popping it up for the rest of the world. TTFN. ;) :D

24. kasiaskywalker

May 1, 2002
    excellent post
    UP!

25. Arldetta