main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Iedos Liberare[Free the Jedi] (JA, Obi Angst/torture) It's Here! LOOONNG End Post!! 4/8!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Arldetta, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Shameless Up!

This story is not forsaken, just put on the back burner for the moment. If I get stuck on TEBY, which is a very real possibility soon, This just might get an update. TTFN. ;) :D

2. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Ack! I can't believe I missed this part!

Was it worth it... you bet it was.

What a chapter, Arldetta!

Wow... excellent, as always. :)

3. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    sheleigh - Thank you very much! :D

Sorry folks this isn't that great. Mediocre to say the least, But I just can't seem to figure out how to make this next bit better. :( I just feel bad for neglecting this.

Anyway, here's a post.

---------------------------------------------

?What? You can?t be serious. We know where they are now. It?s not just a guess.? Xichu cut in before Qui-gon could voice his horrified opinion. The Council surrounded them.

?Just because you have a good indication of where they are, you still need to devise a plan to rescue them. Once we are satisfied with what you have come up with will we give our approval.? Mace?s commanding voice covered the room.

?Is there something you are not telling us?? Qui-gon asked. ?We need to save those students and you seem to be blocking us. Why??

?There are only suspicions, speculations. But we need to verify who we are dealing with before we can permit a hap-hazard rescue,? Mace rebuttaled.

?We will be hearing from Astri shortly. I suggest you find out that information before we leave tomorrow. Either way, I know I will be going.? Qui-gon defied.

MiraCyn spoke up for the first time in front of the Council. ?I am just a student. But I have to agree with Master Qui-gon. If you delay us any longer there will be no one to save. I keep getting that feeling when my mind is clear. I will join Master Qui-gon when he leaves tomorrow.?

?Realize you do that you commit a serious offense for a Jedi Student?? Yoda stated. Peering at the girl.

?Yes, Masters, I do. But I cannot abandon my sister. As much as I want to be a Jedi, I am fully aware she is my blood. I cannot rest until I know she is safe. I?m sorry.? MiraCyn never faltered under their gaze.

Yoda grunted and turned to Mace. ?Then our best we will do to determine your advisary. Come to us in the morning. Tell you what we learned we will.?

The four bowed and walked out. They headed to their quarters knowing that time was running out. Qui-gon found a message waiting for him when he returned. He knew who it was from and accessed it. Astri?s image appeared. ?Qui-gon, I found out there is a small shipment arriving very early tomorrow morning from Chandrila. It?s landing at a port near the Merchant district. I believe the name was Port Co Lorant. I think it sometimes has some shady dealings there. I?ve transmitted you the co-ordinates. If you need anything else please contact me. Good luck.?

Qui-gon contemplated this new information. He found it quite ironic, or maybe it was on purpose. He though back to when they had first arrived on Coruscant. He had glanced back at the building they had exited from. Grime and soot covered most of the writing above the hanger. All you could make out was ?P rt C Lor t? on top of the building. He knew that it was the same place they had docked only a few days before. He accessed the main computer and found the owner?s name. He made a call to Hewk Lorant. He received a message stating that he no longer lived on Coruscant. A dead end. He needed to contact someone in charge there to assist him. Qui-gon decided to contact J?fidah to see if he might happen to know who was in charge. The image of his friend shown in pale blue. J?fidah wiped his eyes wearily. He had obviously been sleeping. ?I?m sorry to disturb you, but I need your help.?

?No matter, No matter. Anything, have you had any news?? J?fidah replied to his friend.

?None from them. But we have narrowed down the Planet that they are on.?

?Oh, and where are they?? The grogginess in J?fidah?s voice edged out.

?Chandrila. That?s why I need your help. There is a shipment coming in from Chandrila early this morning. I need to find out who operates Port Co Lorant so that they can help me stall the deliverer. Do you know who that is? I received notice that Hewk Lorant is no longer here.?

?Of course I know who owns it. It?s me.? J?fidah smiled.

Qui-gon hid his bewilderment and dove into the problem a

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    arldetta

I just caught up with this one..great job, and I cant wait to see where you go with this..

Still trying to catch up with your other stuff...But i can't wait for next post...

Wait a sec--What happened to Obi? You never mentioned him here...Did you kill him...Please say it isn't so?

PLease [face_worried]...

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to thank you for your review on my fic...look for chapter five in the next day or so :)

PT

5. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Hopefully the Council will figure out about Serine in time to warn Qui-Gon what to expect. And hopefully Qui will get there in time to save Obi! [face_shocked]

6. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    PT - Thanks! :D I am still working on this, but TEBY is flowing muh better at the moment. More will come. ;)

CK - The Council knows the potential threat, but is it something they want to admit. [face_devil] More soon. ;)

7. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    wow! I left for a little bit, and BOOM you've done so much! This is getting really good, poor obi, hang on!!!!

more please!

~*Nikita*~

8. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Nikita - Thank you. :D This one will be slow coming due to TEBY. But I am still working on it. Will post again soon. Hopefully. :confused:

9. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Well, I figured I could work on this really quickly. I want to move this along so I can concentrate on another story, not TEBY. :) OH, well. Hope you enjoy this next section. [face_devil]

Here ya go........

?Antina?s Light? transitioned easily from Hyperspace to Normal space. The ship was her pride and joy. Antina had acquired the vessel a few cycles ago. As part of that transaction she traded-in her old ride and covered the difference with currency she collected from various sources. Remorse filled her. Only a year before had she decided to retire from the dangerous hectic life of smuggling and start anew. As a child, her home was raided and most of the people died, including her parents, brothers and sister. She had barely escaped when a friend picked her up. Shortly after, in a secondary attack her new guardian was killed. Not knowing where else to go or to do, she scrounged around for quite a while, before ending up in a pirate?s crew. She was 16 when she first arrived and remained there for 5 years. Secretly, she withheld some of her gains from various jobs and collected her cut. With those meager amounts she managed to buy her first vessel. It was old and looked awful, but it was hers. She fixed it up and became one of the best smugglers. That?s when she got involved with some people she ended up hating. She had picked up her cargo and upon delivery, she discovered what she transported; slaves. The sight of the sickly group disgusted her. Quickly she had found herself in a ?fresher vomiting. The journey had taken a number of days, and she was never instructed to care for them. By the time they arrived a couple of the weaker prisoners died, including a couple of children. Involuntarily, she shuddered. Her memory switching to the site of a boy trembling on the floor then morphing into a coughing fit at being denied food and drink. <What have I gotten myself into?>

Antina vowed after that run to renounce her previous life and create a clean, honest one in its place. This was her first ?legit? job since her sabbatical. Now she wished she had not accepted their offer, but maintenance of a ship is costly and her funds were beginning to run low. For the second time in her life, she was duped into taking live cargo, and she wanted out as quickly as possible. Antina prayed that once the delivery was complete she would be released from her contract. In the back of her mind however, she knew it was not going to be that easy.

Antina contacted the port when she arranged docking. Security checks passed, and she was cleared for landing. Once on the planet, she hastily gathered the shipment onto a pallet behind her speeder and drove out to make her delivery. The shipment was small but it was still a valuable bounty. When she returned to the hanger, she found the building locked up tight. Confusion coursed through her. She noted movement to her left and turned to see a figure approaching. The man was tall and in mechanic?s coveralls. Rubbing his hands with a cloth she could see the oil and grease trademarking his outfit. ??Scuse me, Miss.? He called to her and she eyed him carefully. ?But we had to close up the hanger. Infestation.?

?What are you talking about?? Antina demanded.

?Chawgrens arrived on yer vessel. Had ta clamp up the place ta purge ?em. Won?t be clear for a couple more hours.? J?fidah stated calmly.

?What? How would you know?? She questioned the grimy man.

?Well, Missy, I own the place and was called shortly after you landed. They told me ?bout the infestation and I ordered them to close and fumigate. You were haulin? Chaawn root, weren?t you?? She nodded. ?Yep, little critters are extremely attracted to them. May as well find a spot to relax for a bit. Like I said, it will be a while ?fore it?s safe to go back in.?

Annoyed at the delay, Antina spun around and stomped off toward the closest diner. A cloaked man followed by a hooded child strode toward her. As she drew closer she noted the ma

10. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Up!!

Today is a very slow day. Even at work. :confused: Wonder why? Hmmm.

11. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    I guess no one's reading this anymore? :confused:

12. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Hello?

Hello?

Anyone out there?

out there?

**cricket, cricket**

13. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    i'm here arldetta..I'm here.

this was a great chapter..I cant wait to see were you are going with this.

I know you are working on your other story..but could you by chance maybe get a new one up here too?

:)

PLEASE!!

PT

14. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    PT - Thanks. :) I'm glad to see someone here. It gets very lonely. :( I am still working on this however, since I need to at least get to a certain point so that I can begin posting on another story. ;)And not TEBY. Thanks again. :D

Up!

15. CalaisKenobi

CalaisKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Sorry... I missed this :) I took all my active topic notifications off for my trip to Cleveland and haven't found them all yet [face_blush] Whoops.

Anyway, good post! I like how Obi put the trace on the pilot so that she landed at that port. And I wanna kick the people that are hurting Obi! :mad:

16. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    CK - It's alright. I'm used to getting lost in the cracks. Happens to me alllll the time. No fault of yours, I guess I'm just not that memorable. Oh, well. This will further develop in the next few posts. Hope that the surprises blow you away. hehe. [face_devil]

17. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    great post
    MMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE
    :D

18. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Kasiaskywalker - Thanks for the UP! :D I will post more tomorrow, I promise. *crosses heart* It's just TEBY spoke to me today and I had to do a double post there. Sorry. :( I will do my best to make up for it. Thanks again!! :D

19. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!! MONDO HIGH GOING ON HERE, DETTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE MORE MUST HAVE MORE SOON BEFORE I DI-I-I-I-EEEEE!!!

Whew, sorry about that.

This is a wonderful story. Must be upped!!!!

I love "The Tube". I have never had an MRI, thank god, because I am claustrophobic. It gets worse if it's dark in the small area for me, especially if there are other people in it. I'm terrified of being trampled to death, believe it or not.

Anyway, I like.

20. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Jacinta - Glad you could stop by!! :D And that you were flying! ;) I'm tryin gmy best to keep up with them all. And i'm completely flattered by your compliments. [face_blush]

As promised, here is a new update for you guys......

The Council, LaMinott and Xichu waited silently. They had convened primarily to address the four Jedi?s concerns about the missing Initiates captors. However, Qui-gon nor MiraCyn had arrived and the group was growing impatient. Finally, the great doors opened and they expected to see the tall Jedi stride in. However, only the small form of MiraCyn entered. Their questioning gaze followed her to the center of the room. ?Masters,? she began. ?I apologize for my tardiness, however the situation has further developed.? She paused and Mace took the opportunity.

?And where is Master Qui-gon?? Even the senior Council member could not mask the hint of annoyance.

?He is already on his way to Chandrila. And I have come to fetch Masters Xichu and LaMinott as per Qui-gon?s request.? Her tone steady and sure even under the pressure of so many eyes. She had prepared herself for the weight of their displeasure and cast it aside, knowing her fellow students? lives were held in the balance.

?Why?? The dark Master inquired.

?Because we need them to support our plan. We need to leave immediately in order to land on Chandrila as close as possible to Qui-gon?s arrival.? She replied.

?Know you that some information we have?? The diminutive Master interjected. ?Wished to hear it you had. Dismiss you we have not.?

?Our apologies, Master Yoda.? LaMinott stated. ?May I make a suggestion??

?Please do,? Mace requested.

?I will remain to hear out the information you have for us. Let Xichu and MiraCyn follow Master Qui-gon for support. And I will go once I have all that you have given me. Would that be sufficient??

?Alright, You may relay the information since Master Qui-gon has headed off in haste. Go before he jeopardizes the rescue.? The two females nodded and hurried out.

Once outside the Council doors, Xichu sighed, ?He only said to stall them, not to cover for him. I thought he was going to wait for us before jumping into a plan.?

?Well, we had a lead we couldn?t let slip away from us. We?ve got to hurry. J?fidah found us a transport leaving in a few minutes. I?ll explain more on the way.? MiraCyn ushered the Master through the halls to the waiting ship.

Qui-Gon was beginning to think this plan was a bad idea. He was cramped and uncomfortable. When he originally thought of the concept, J?fidah eagerly helped. Together they worked zealously to create a hidden compartment in a wall of the ship. Stowing himself away in the confined space was a hasty decision, however, he felt he had just cause. This woman had come in contact with his beloved Padawan, and he could not let her get away without some sort of guidance. He had the feeling that to force her into assisting them could deter their chances of finding the students alive.

After the craft had entered into hyperspace, Qui-Gon used his touch in the Force to see beyond his cell. Antina, as he learned was the pilot?s name, had made her way to her cabin to rest. It would only take a few hours to travel between the two worlds and felt that she needed to catch up on some much-needed sleep. Qui-Gon followed her lead and found himself in a disturbed slumber. Before he fully succumbed to the darkness he mentally called to his ward. {Hold on, Obi-Wan. I?m coming.}

Antina woke to the beeping of an alarm. She had set the autopilot to alert her when they were about to re-enter normal space. She swiftly moved back into the cockpit to navigate the vessel toward the spaceport closest to her final destination. After receiving clearance verification, she deftly settled her craft into a busy hanger. Determined to end this business relationship, she exited her ship to locate a local lending dealer. As she searched, a young gir

21. Enigma_Jade

Enigma_Jade Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    Great story so far! I'm sorry I didn't find this sooner! I am absolutely loving the direction this is heading, and am definitely enjoying every moment of Obi torture you can dish out! You are writing wonderfully!

Please post more soon!

EJ

22. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Enigma_Jade - Welcome!! :D Thank you very much!! [face_blush] I will try. Unfortunately, I won't be able to work much on my stories as I actually have to do Work today. OH, well. Hopefully tomorrow. :) Thanks again. :D

23. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    Alright, I think I'm going to do some more shameless self-promortion today. Sorry. :)

UP!!

24. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    It seems like not many people are reading this anymore. :( How sad. :_|

Oh, well, here's another post anyway......
    (please excuse the chopiness, I'm tired, heh. *shrugs*)

Qui-Gon accessed the panel that opened to let him out of the hidden compartment. He waited until he could tell she was far enough away as not to notice his emergence. Briskly he made his way out of the vessel to follow her. Qui-Gon was their contingency plan. If MiraCyn could not manage to get Xichu and LaMinott here before Antina left, he would be there to trail her. Fortunately, he noticed the girl just ahead in the path of the pilot. He was marginally impressed by her ability to draw the Force in to disguise her appearance. It was something that all initiates were taught but rarely ever used. He lingered in the crowd to observe the exchange between the women. Once Antina departed, he pushed his way through the bodies in order to verify that the transmitter had been placed. As he approached, he called in a haggard voice, ?So, is it done??

?Yes, Master Qui-Gon.? MiraCyn answered, and then glanced back at Xichu shyly. Her eyes quietly requested to be placed back down on the ground. Xichu had picked the girl up to give a convincing performance to the pilot that they were related. But as the tall Master appeared, she realized their momentary joy was misplaced. Yes, they had placed the tag but the students were not yet safe. That?s when she realized, she should be able to reach her sister, now that they were close. ?Master Qui-Gon??

?Yes, Mira??

?If we can go somewhere that I can meditate I can try and reach Mys.? She advised. His sapphire eyes lighted at the possibility of her rekindling her connection. Maybe he could get a cleared report on his Padawan?s condition. Even though the light brush he felt when first running into the woman gave him hope, he could also sense the desperation behind it. He nodded and turned to seek out a location attempt could be made. The others followed his lead.

His body was too weak and ill to offer any kind of resistance. Honestly, he could care less. Obi-Wan hoped that when he was in the lab he could finally get some rest. His body had been completely taxed and he knew that only the darkness of sleep could offer any solace. Dragging the boy through the halls, Fiza finally reached their destination. The room looked like almost any other medical ward, and it made Obi-Wan cringe involuntarily. No matter how ill, how much pain he was in, he still despised having to visit the healers. There was an examination table in the middle and some cabinets along the wall. The main difference in this room different from other clinics was a chain that extended from the back wall. Fiza callously tossed Obi-Wan toward the wall with the chain. He pulled binders from somewhere Obi-Wan did not see. The man roughly pulled the boys arms behind him and slapped the cuffs on, tightening them until they pinched his wrists. ?Maybe we can play later.? Fiza teased. The man stood and departed.

The guard headed through the halls and met up with his cohort near the entrance. ?Take them to the fields and inform me when Antina gets back. I?ll be busy with my initial experiments and would like not to be disturbed unless it?s important. I?ll take the girl to administer her medicine. Then I?ll send her out to you.? Fiza accepted the instructions and gathered the children. Harenti pulled MysAri along with him towards the lab. When they entered she had to stifle the gasp that wanted to escape her. She instantly recognized the crumpled form in the back of the room, although he barely resembled the vibrant, defiant, older Padawan she had seen in the beginning of this disaster. Positioned on his side, his hands were bound behind him. He was deathly pale, and his skin glistened from fever. His young face appeared drawn and so much older than it should. She could also see the slight trembling that would not let his weary muscles res

25. Arldetta

Jul 19, 2002
    *cricket, cricket*

It's lonely out here all by myself, I hope someone stops by soon.

:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.