main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA IEFF Annual Apple and Fruit Picking at Riley's Farm - Saturday September 4th

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by han-shot-first, Aug 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    It's that time again folks...Apple and Fruit Picking at Riley's Farm![face_dancing]

Join us for a easy fun day of apple and fruit picking at one of California's true historic REAL farms...Riley's Farm in Oak Glen by Yucaipa. We usually for some reason go there towards the end of season, not sure why...but I thought we'd change it up this year and go at the START of the season which starts Sept 1st. This way we should have plenty to pick from! Stay tuned for all the great details of this one of a kind experience you don't want to miss! :D

2. Jendi

Jendi Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 24, 2008
    Oh darn, I'm going to the Hollywood Bowl that night for a concert. Maybe next year:)

3. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    [face_pumpkin] Whose Joining us for the festivities this year? Here's the website for Riley's Farm:

http://www.rileysfarm.com/

:D List of IEFF Attendees:D

Mike + Wifey

4. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Okay folks...getting close to the time for our annual Apple - Fruit Picking Extravaganza on Sept 4th! Only two weeks away folks! Make sure you come join us for all the festivities! If you've never been, go to the website above and check it out. Go to our IEFF photobucket pages and look at pics from past years. Lots of fun and great memories to be had.

I'd like to do our meeting for all the stuff we got coming up in October as well. We can eat lunch and do the meeting at the same time. You'll want to bring your food, as we can have our outdoor picnic as we always do! Lots of last minute stuff to go over with all going to CHOC as well as LB Comic Con.

Here's a few pics for you

[image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2009-Fun-Things-We-Do/Apple-Picking-Rileys-Farm-9-09/2009-09-19OakGlen031.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2008-Fun-Things-We-Do/Apple-Picking-Rileys-Farm-9-08/P1010516.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2007-Fun-Things-We-Do/Apple-Picking-Rileys-Farm-10-07/IMG_3583.jpg]
    [image=http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w193/ieffphotoalbum/2007-Fun-Things-We-Do/Apple-Picking-Rileys-Farm-10-07/thapplepicking1007024.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2007%20EVENTS/Apple%20Picking%2010%2007/applepicking1007069.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2007%20EVENTS/Apple%20Picking%2010%2007/applepicking1007020.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2007%20EVENTS/Apple%20Picking%2010%2007/applepicking1007030.jpg]
    [image=http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h227/bobarocks/2007%20EVENTS/Apple%20Picking%2010%2007/applepicking1007057.jpg]

5. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    I will let you know asap I hope I don't have to work

6. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Labor Day weekend, got plans already for it.

7. hanchewie74

hanchewie74 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2010
    We are planning to go, meaning all 4 of us. Gonna be fun. Just wanting to find out about any more information about the trip. Sorry I have been off of this forum for too long. Good to be back on again.

8. LordMarduk

LordMarduk Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2007
    the family will be staying home this weekend I have been working the last few Saturdays and Devin has been wanting to go swimming so I promised him that I would take him..

next year for sure and hopefully I can take devin to Long Beach Comic con he likes taking pictures lol

Have fun everyone

9. hanchewie74

hanchewie74 Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2010
    We will be there, but need to get an idea what time to get there? You know me, always asking questions.

10. CTCamrissian

CTCamrissian Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2010
    okay, this is Caia.

I would like to go and bring my mom and maybe even my bratty dogs. But what time and is everyone meeting there?

Also, I notice that this was not posted on facebook. Or at least, it didn't reach my page. I rarely don't check in on the boards, because I find them to be primitive and frustrating. But I thought that wasn't going to be an issue since the group had integrated both its facebook and twitter accounts. I know I'm new and shouldn't be trying to make ripples this early, but I seriously hate this website. It reminds of me of the archaic chat rooms and forum pages of yesteryear (mid 90's to early 00's). In fact, it looks like this is one of the originals. I know not everyone has a facebook or twitter account, but what's wrong with regular email? Feel free to abjure me. If I was one of the original members, I'd prolly be thinking "who is this b*tch anyway?"

Peace,
    Caia

11. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    No worries Caia on you feel about the boards. I think you had mentioned this the last time you made your way on here. I know it may appear confusing at first but rest assured, this is a very simply way to communicate for all in the group. You can have it to where you don't have to keep putting in your password info when you log in. Also, keep the main board page on your "favorites" and simply click onto the topic of discussion you wish you join. We use the boards as our main way to communicate all the many topics / events, as it allows us the fexibility to do so much. :D

I agree, FB + Myspace, etc are great tools and are vital parts of the communication. This is why I wanted to add them and update them to these boards in the first place. That said, they are not the main source of up to the minute info on any particular topic here. FB and all our external sites are basic info spots with updates with the main focus of getting the folks to come to the site here :)

As a side note, ALL Fan Force groups across the country use these boards. I say this to let you know it's been here before we were here, as we didn't pick this forum but find that it's quite convenient for all the many things it lets us do here. I promise you the more you join us on here, you'll find it's a matter of click, click, start posting and you're off to the races so to speak![:D]

12. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    Just to let all of you that are going to Rileys Farm tomorrow, the Wifey and I WILL NOT be attending. I repeat, we WILL NOT be going. As you can see from the time of my posts here, i'm just now getting caught up with a few threads. I've got some major work stuff that I have to get handled before I leave for vacation in a week.

Not to bore any of you with my work stuff...it's just that I've gotten 9 hours of sleep (NO JOKE) in the past three days. We totally want to be there tomorrow and I've done all I could to avoid this from happening. That said, I HAVE to get my work stuff handled to which I need Saturday to finish up.

As far as meeting up is concerned and time and the rest, click onto the website I linked up in a few posts ago and you'll get directions and what's going on there. So sorry not to make it, I hope those going will still have an awesome time. We'll miss you![:D]

13. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    You know, Caia, I see your point. Just talking with people I know, those that use Facebook and those that don't, if people are already on Facebook, most don't want to have to sign up for another site. It's a pain sometimes. I have a gazillion screen names and passwords to all kinds of things and it's so hard to keep track. I would hate to miss out on more members just because they don't want to sign up on the boards.

As for myself, I'm used to the boards and I have my name and stuff memorized and the IEFF thread saved so it's really easy, no hassle. I know for new people it's a little weird. And yes, even archaic.

Maybe that's something we can vote on? Not leave the boards, but maybe do more on Facebook? Update it more? Have more event info on there????

Just my two credits.

14. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    The FB just needs updated with all the events. If it cant be updated on time then whoever can't do it needs to let someone else know so they can go in and update it.

Also a date/time should be set up for trips and updated into the first post of an event thread and that way I can also update it on the website.

15. han-shot-first

May 6, 2006
    FB is updated for CHOC :)

16. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Cool! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.