main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA IEFF in Christmas parade in Victorville?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jangosmom, Oct 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I wonder if any them would be available on December 18 to help with the toys at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino. Anybody volunteering to ask?

2. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
  3. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Yes, this is very true. However....

not everybody reads our boards and we're in need! Come on Stuart, you know all the right people, those in high places. Grease some hands and get us some more costumed volunteers to help these children.

Seriously, would you talk to some of your friends in the 501st. Debbie, Ryan, Shane and possibly me are not enough for 300 needy kids!

Let's all post this info everywhere we think of that might get some other volunteers to join us.

4. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    All is done.

I have spies working all over.

5. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    You're awesome!! =D= That's why you're our grand supreme humbug prez!

6. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    I would be there, except that I will be out of the country, and that usually is a good excuse... :(

7. jangosmom

jangosmom Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2005
    Steve, you make me laugh..."usually is a good excuse!"[face_laugh] It will definitely work in this situation.

8. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Take a photo of yourself and print it onto a standee, that way you can be in two places at once.

9. SuperB_at_Pooh

SuperB_at_Pooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 9, 2006
    i demand proof :mad:

:p

10. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Cara_Undercover_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2006
    I'd be okay with going...if I had a way to get there..

But it's on the 18th? Yikes. That's my parents' wedding anniversary...I don't think I could make it.

11. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    I really wish I could go, but I've got a 8-5 job as a slave to The Man. I'd love to stick it to him, but unfortunately he keeps me from living on the streets and supplies funds for my costume addiction. I'd take a vacation day, but I'm actually in the negative since I had to borrow some days from next year. I really hope you get lots of people, jangosmom!

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm calling in sick that day. Not that I have any sick days left, but it's just something I want to do.

13. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    SOrry, I meant jedifan77. I saw jangosmom had posted the original thread, but forgot we were on a different subject! I'd call in sick, but I work in a small division of the company and don't have anyone who can cover my work. Plus I wouldn't want to do that to my coworkers who I also consider friends.

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    The only reason I'm okay with calling in sick is that it's the week before Christmas break (I'm a school librarian) and the kids will all mentally be running amok. Not sure they'll even notice I'm gone. My position doesn't warrant a sub, I guess they don't think it's worthy, so I feel guilty any time I'm sick! I understand what you're saying!

15. LazloToth

LazloToth Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2003
    The pics look great guys! I'm glad everyone had a good time... I'm sorry I couldn't make it

16. Darth_Haggis

Darth_Haggis Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2002
    You're welcome to come with me to what you'd refer to as the "Freezing barren wastelands of the arctic!" :p

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I checked with the Victorville Chamber of Commerce about getting a video of the parade. It seems that it's done by the Victorville High School and, once edited, is played on Charter Cable numerous times on numerous days. The mail problem is that I don't have Charter. Do any of you other locals have it?

Getting a copy of it from the school or Chamber is probably not going to happen. Our best bet is to find somebody to record it when it's played.

So, if nobody has Charter, please start checking with friends and relatives. Somebody has to know somebody!!

18. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Bummer. I have TWC.

19. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    Aw, drat! We've been without cable for almost two years. (too expensive!)

20. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Here is a copy of an email I got from Michelle from the Victorville Chamber of Commerce. It's got the where's & when's of the showing of the Victorville parade. Can anybody record it from either of these sources??

"Hello Parade Participant,
    The 2006 ?remembering When...A Nostalgic Christmas? Children?s Christmas Parade will be broadcast on Odyssey television STARTING TONIGHT! December 8 at 6 p.m. The viewing times on CHARTER COMMUNICATIONS VICTORVILLE-CHANNEL 18 are: 7 days a week ? 8 a.m., 12:00 noon, 6 p.m., 12:00 midnight.

You can view the parade 24-hours a day on their website: www.odysseytv.org <http://www.odysseytv.org/> (this will start possibly this weekend or Monday)

The parade is 2 hours long.

We look forward to working with you again next year! "

21. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    Sweet, so we can watch it online!

22. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    OOOOH! (bookmarks page)

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I just checked it out. Nothin' yet. :(

Hey UCJ, not only do we share a name, from your signature line, it looks like we also have the same soda addiction.

To Dew or not to Dew... What a stupid question!

Diet Dew, it's my drug of choice!

24. AboutaSith

May 13, 2005
    It says it starts on Monday.

25. Cara_Undercover_Jedi

Nov 3, 2006
    LOL, we better have people say "Carrie with a 'C'" or "Kari with a 'K'." :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.