main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA *IEFF MEETING* Saturday, July 19 at 9:00 - IHOP - Big Bear Lake

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, Jun 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    Really? I looked at Fandango this morning and they said all the IMAX shows were sold out for tomorrow.

2. han-shot-first

han-shot-first IEFF President & Minister of Propaganda star 4 VIP

May 6, 2006
    Ditto on the sold out movie. Soooo...that being said, we unfortunately are not going to make it as I checked earlier today. I don't want to drive down with cost of fuel and all(even though we'd love to see everyone), for a quick bite to eat / meet.:_|

That being said...YOU'RE GOING TO LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this movie as we just saw it tonight in high def here in Apple Valley! It didn't even feel like 2 and a 1/2 hours. I won't give anything away other than to tell you there's some really great plot twists and the fact that it's not all rosey nice and everything works out in the end.=D=

For all those waiting until credits are over...there's nothing on this movie. So unless you like to see who did what stunts or whatever, well...you can go to the bathroom now.[face_laugh]

Have fun all and we'll see you next month![face_dancing]

3. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    I was already down near the theater yesterday, so I stopped to see if they had tickets. After seeing the line (Holy Sith Spit it was long!![face_hypnotized]), I nearly decided to forget it. But the line moved quickly & I got a ticket.

4. DarthMalum

DarthMalum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 28, 2006
    BEST BATMAN MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not as good at Transformers, but I loved it, and Heath Ledgers death never really affected me, but his role as Joker makes me really miss his abilities. he was an amazing actor.

5. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    It was really awesome. So much more than a superhero movie. And yes, Heath Ledger was amazing as the Joker.

6. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Then it must not have been that good as I don't think Transformers was that terrific of a movie. :eek:

I know, I know. I'm probably one of the few people on the planet that just didn't really like that movie. Go ahead, let the stoning begin!

I'm still hyped about Batman and hope to see it soon! I'm glad you guys liked it and had a good time. Sorry I had to miss it!

7. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Well...we're not always going to agree... (Even though I know I'm right. :D )

I really loved Transformers: Good movie. "More than meets the eye."
    Batman Begins: Very good. Excellent. Awesome actors! Good story.
    Batman:The Dark Knight: Pretty good movie. Little darker than the first. Excellent story. Joker really creeped me out though.
    Iron Man: LOVED IT! LOVED IT LOTS! Good everything!

And that's my review.

Now who wants to go see Space Chimps?

8. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

There is absolutely nothing I can say to that one, Nicole!!

9. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
  10. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I thought Transformers was lots of fun, but nota great piece of moviemaking like Batman. Ironman was awesome, I loved it, but they're two totally different types of movies. Ironman is fun and lighthearted, Batman is way more complex and ultimately more true-to-life: things don't end happily, bad things happen, and difficult decisions have to be made.

11. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    It was a cool movie. Much better than the original (1989 Batman with Jack Nicholson as Joker). I think Ledger did a better, more convincing job as Joker than Jack did.

Didn't really like Transformers that much (Megan Fox is kinda cute though)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.