main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I.E., CA ^IEFF MEETING^ Saturday, June 7 at The Old Spaghetti Factory - 1:00

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jedifan77, May 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    I'd love to see Iron Man again! At the theater in Rubidoux, it starts at 8:30. I can't tell, but it might be a double feature. Not sure, though.

At the Van Buren Drive-In, Iron Man starts at 8:30 and is a double feature with Speed Racer (10:45). I might consider watching SR that way, but can't see me spending the money to watch that by itself.

2. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    We're gonna need something to do between lunch and the drive-in. Any cool suggestions?

3. TK-TI-4261

TK-TI-4261 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2008
    Kidnapping me from my job might be cool....I'm suprised you didn't think of that Kari:D

maybe not.....I'll be off by 5pm

4. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    Pack my bags for my trip to the UK?

5. Symina

Symina Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2006
    That's a lot of time to kill. For me, I could just go home, but for people like Kari, that's not a very sensible option. Couldn't we move the time back until later in the afternoon? Like 4:00?

6. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That's a great idea!
    Okay everyone, how about an early dinner instead of lunch? Would 4:00 work? That way we'd miss the dinner time crowd, too.

Curtis, we could either save you a seat or plot to come and kidnap you from work a bit early. Minda, you wouldn't have to miss anything that way. (however, please feel free to still call in sick to the conference you're scheduled for in the morning!)

Personally, I'd love to go check out the Pro Bass Shop. We could go hang out there for a bit before the movie. Mike, I know you hate that idea!

Or we could keep it the same and all just go and hang out at your house for several hours, Sonya! Or there's the option of helping Stuart pack! :D

So, the question is, do we want to move the meeting time to 4:00?

Jedifan - yes!

7. delta_1138

delta_1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 17, 2006
    If it's at 4:00 you can count me out. I need to be home by 4.

8. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I guess you weren't planning on going to the drive-in with us?

9. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    No, just lunch.

10. TK-TI-4261

TK-TI-4261 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 4, 2008
    4:00 would be great for me, I might be able to get off at 4:30 so that would be great if you could save me a seat. I wouldn't mind seeing the Bass Pro Shop to. I've never been there.

Can I catch a Pro Bass there?:-B

I wonder if the Drive-in will be playing the new HULK movie cause it come out this weekend, doesn't it?

Whatever you guys want to do is fine with me:)

11. Jedi_Knight_JT

Jedi_Knight_JT Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2006
    So now we're meeting at 4pm at the Old Spaghetti Factory on Foothill Blvd. in Rancho Cucamonga?

12. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    What can I say? I'm a Lou Ferigno (sp) fan and just can't get into the totally CG Hulk. Even though I really like Edward Norton, not sure I'll catch this Hulk either (unless it turns into a group thing). It's not playing at either of the drive-ins Saturday, so it's not an issue.

I'm writing out the agenda, so any suggestions or discussion needs would be appreciated!

13. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    Apparently you've never seen my house. It's like 890 sq feet. The backyard is way bigger than the house itself, so I could put you all out back with the doggies. :)

14. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    I'm totally okay with that and being that Mike is a bigger dog lover than me, I'm sure he'd be happy, too!

Naw, I was just kidding, we won't invade your home! I like your idea of moving the meeting to the later time.

15. AboutaSith

AboutaSith Jedi Knight star 5

May 13, 2005
    The Bass Pro shop is great, take some quarters and kill some time upstairs in the firing range!

Dont eat at the restuarant, it's gone way down hill. We went a few months ago and it was great, then we went last weekend and they had changed the menu with cheaper low quality ingredients and it was dreadful.

There's a nice candy/coffe shop in there too.

16. HanChewie

HanChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2006
    Coming to the meeting at 4:00pm is fine. Did you get a price for the drive-in? Going to the Bass Pro Shop sounds great. We have never been there. Christina is in the hospital because of her diabetes. She seems to be getting better. I am going to the hospital today to see how she is. She has been there since Sunday night. She is at Arrowhead Regional. As of yesterday, she was in ICU, but I am not sure about today. Hopefully, she is getting better. Prayers, please.

17. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    Is she okay? What are we gonna do with that girl?

Prayers!

18. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Thank you so much. She had a problem with her blood sugar being out of whack. She need to take better care of herself. I am sure she will have quite a bit of life style changes to do to herself, again.

19. Symina

Nov 8, 2006
    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. :(

Roubidoux's prices are $7 for 10 and up, 5-9 $1, under 5 free.
    Van Buren's prices are the same. The Iron Man at Van Buren is playing a double feature with Speed Racer (which I wouldn't stay to watch anyway).

20. jedi_onasi

jedi_onasi Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 3, 2006
    Sorry to hear about Chrissy. (Right?) You said Christina, I assume you meant Chrissy?

Anyway, I hope she gets better. Tell her to take care of herself. :D

Well, if the meeting is at 4, we're out. Sorry.

21. HanChewie

Jul 3, 2006
    Quick update, Chrissy is home. Just brought her home about an hour ago. She is doing much better. They put her on different insulin that she used to be on. Seems to work much better than she was on. She has to go back in a couple of weeks to see her doctor. In the mean time, going to try to get her on some sort of insurance for her meds. Thank you again everyone for your prayers and good thoughts.

22. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    So....when is the meeting?? :confused:

23. jedifan77

Mar 19, 2006
    That darn split vote didn't help!

Well, it sounds like a couple of you can't make it if we move the meeting to 4:00, so we'll just keep it at 1:00.

Is anybody familiar with Riverside and can suggest something fun to do after lunch?

24. jedi_onasi

Apr 3, 2006
    Not so much. But yay for 1.

25. delta_1138

Aug 17, 2006
    1:00? OK. I'll just pay you then Kari.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.