main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If a movie was made around the EU who should play Jaina?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Xen, Sep 27, 2001.

?

If a movie was made around the EU who should play Jaina?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Katie Holmes

34.5%
  2. Denise Richards

5.2%
  3. Jessica Alba

15.5%
  4. Eliza Dushku

32.8%
  5. Christina Ricci

6.9%
  6. Gabby Hoffman

5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
  2. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    I had trouble picturing Jaina as a teenager for a long time until I read a fanfic that was called Jade something. Can't remember the author, either. Anyway, it was a crossover which gave rebirth to the BtVS characters in the SW universe and somehow related Jaina and Faith. After that, Jaina has looked like Eliza Duskhu in my mind's eye.

Ara
    (Has no idea what to write here this time)

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Alba all the way

4. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    eliza

this pic almost looks like one of the new covers:

http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=ss&group=0204946&photo=6&path=pgallery&path_key=Dushku,+Eliza

5. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If I had to choose from the ones listed, I would go with Eliza Dushku. However, I don?t think that any of them really fit the part. I don?t really see any of them as being Jaina. But I don?t know any of them very well, so I really couldn?t say.

6. Nighthawk_Andy

Nighthawk_Andy Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2001
    i choose kate holmes....she is stunning :D

but seriousley, I think she could play the headstrong but vulnerable role that Jaina embodies.

7. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I concur, nighthawk. I think Katie Holmes is the epitome of cuteness, and I think she would show Jaina's vulnerabilities as well as her stregnths. Although I think Jessica Alba is hot as hell, she looks nothing like Jaina is supposed to look like, or Leia, for that matter.

8. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    Eliza Duskhu. I still say so. I mean, when you see her in BtVS (I don't watch much tv or new movies...) you see the trained body of a fighter; it looks natural on her, so she'd look like a Jedi .

Sounds stupid, I know :)

Ara
    (A person who hopes that they'll show either Ysanne or Armand Isard in the Prequels... preferably Ysanne)

9. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I hate to sound ignorant, but who is Eliza Dushku, anyway ? Ive never heard of her until this thread.

10. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Build a time machine and get a 14-16 year old Carrie Fisher.

11. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    After seeing the Lord of the Rings trailer, Liv Tyler. :cool:

"If you want him, come and claim him"
    (goosebumps)

12. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    You left out the " None of them!" choice. Liv Tyler sounds good to me too.

13. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Eliza Dushku played Faith on Buffy.

My choice is none of those though. I think Shiri Appleby from Roswell looks about right, but that's just my humble opinion.

14. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah Shiri Appleby! I thought I was the only one who felt that way. She'd be perfect!

I think most of the actresses listed are too tall. Jaina is supposed to be fairly small.

Here's what she looks like: http://us.imdb.com/EGallery?source=granitz&group=1021&photo=appleby_shiri3&path=pgallery&path_key=Appleby,+Shiri

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    DVader : She plays Faith in Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series.

Gandolf : That trailer rocks... I had a giddy spasm when I saw the Moria. It's HUGE !!! Oh my God, I can't wait till December 19th !!!

16. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Shiri Appleby is better age wise. I like Liv a lot, they would have to give her brown contact lenses though.

17. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    [image=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dear_America/files/shiri.jpg]

There's a pic of Shiri Appleby.

18. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    I'm amazed Rachael Leigh Cook, my personal favourite is presumably thought less like Jaina, than Jessica Alba! Alba!?!?!

At least Rachael Leigh Cook is Caucasian...

Yours

19. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    None of the above. I'm going to off the alternative I used in the "Jacen. Ah, Jacen." thread on the Lit board: Since there's basically no one with the right look or talent to play a Solo kid, let's not cast them, as it's basically pointless. Even Lucas can't find decent actors to play previously uncast characters (*cough*younganakin*cough*), and if there's ever an EU movie, which there won't be, he'll be just as misguided as we are. At least we know he probably won't cast really popular teen icons, like Holmes or Dushku (both of whom are way too oversexed; just look at their publicity photos). If we do cast Jaina, let's use the models for the NJO covers-- at least there's some resemblance there. My vote goes to the one on the back of Balance point-- her facial structure is perfect, just enough of Han and Leia to make her believable.

20. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    Katie Holmes all the way!

21. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I agree with Rebecca. Shiri Appleby would be great! My sister is going to be very mad at me for forgetting about her as being a possible Jaina (She is obsessed with Roswell. She even forced me to memorize all the names of the first season?s episodes.). However, I think that Shiri would have to do a little working out before she got the part, but other than that she would be perfect.

22. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Of those listed, Katie Holmes, but I can also see Shiri Appleby (I think both look similar anyhow) :).

For those who feel an actor or actress must "be" caucasian to play a particular part because the character demands as such are gravely mistaken about the whole purpose of what it means to act. To act means to adopt a persona, a look, and an attitude OTHER THAN your own. Understandably, if the part calls for a white caucasian and the actor is black, that will not pass. But that doesn't mean Jessica Alba cannot pass for a white caucasian. Do not underestimate makeup artists at Hollywood and do not underestimate an actress's ability to completely revamp her look to fit the part. Renee Zellweger added many pounds and a British accent to admirably play Bridget Jones.

23. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    I don't think Jessica Alba's such a great actress, but that's just my humble opinion.

24. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    Katie Holmes is Joey Potter. Not Jaina Solo. Not anyone else. Please, don't disrespect the sanctity of Ms. Potter. Her girl next door image wouldn't fit the Rogue Squadron pilot Jaina anyways.

25. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    None! I believe Carly Pope is the one!! Look here:
    Carly Pope pic similar to Dark Journey
    and go to this site to see more pics: more Carly Pope pictures

BTW--Carly Pope is the actress who played Sam McPherson on the WB show Popular, which was (since it was cancelled!) the ONLY decent show on that network. KATIE HOLMES DOES HAIR COLOR COMMERCIALS!!! Carly Pope does not.

JediFarfy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.