main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If a movie was made around the EU who should play Jaina?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jedi_Xen, Sep 27, 2001.

?

If a movie was made around the EU who should play Jaina?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Katie Holmes

34.5%
  2. Denise Richards

5.2%
  3. Jessica Alba

15.5%
  4. Eliza Dushku

32.8%
  5. Christina Ricci

6.9%
  6. Gabby Hoffman

5.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    JediFarfy - you and I are gonna have to rumble. Carly's ok, but certainly no Katie. There is no possible logical comparison to even make.

2. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Katie Holmes is a pure teeny-bopper actress. That's it. Dawson's Creek? Sure... Popular had the drama and humor that other shows don't have. It was cancelled because it was in a bad time slot. Ok, so I haven't seen Carly Pope in anything but Popular.

But basically, I'd rather see a guy in drag rather than Katie Holmes. She just, in my opinion, has no talent beyond teen movies and hair color commercials.

JediFarfy

3. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    Wow, what a coincidence, MTV just played the Katie Holmes hair color commercial.

4. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    If you do commercials, you have no talent.

(Note to self - when I become famous, don't do commercials. That will indicate to my adoring public that I lack any true artistic ability as an actor.)

5. Jedi_Aub

Jedi_Aub Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2001
    Come on JediFarfy, are you serious? I could list for you hundreds of scenes from Dawson's where Katie displays an extraordinary ability for representing all kinds of complicated teenage angst and emotions. She playes her character so well. And give me a break on the "bad time slot" excuse for Popular getting axed.

6. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    Any of them really,
    although I went Alba cos of the DA thing. She fits the bill!

7. JediFarfy

JediFarfy Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh man. Sure, it's great if you like that angsty whiny crap. I'm a teenage girls and the thought of watching any of those shows makes me wanna run screaming to a mental hospital. They tend to be predictable and THEY NEVER GET CANCELLED! Where as shows, like Popular (which it seems I am the only person who watched it) get scrapped. You don't think it's a bad time slot? Does anyone even know when it was on? I DO!! That show had teenagers who didn't sit and cry all the time, but were actually funny. Yeah, the second season got a little off and a little more dramatic, but it never lost it's funny edge.

Did anyone else watch it?! Anyone?! Dang.

JediFarfy

8. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    I can't believe nobody suggested Natalie Portman. Its so obvious.

9. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I know Eliza Dushku personally and have seen all of her cinematic (and a good deal of her TV stuff) endeavors and quite frankly don't think she could pull off the Jaina character. Eliza seems to be incapable of anything but the gaunt, flagrant type. No subtle or delicately emotional stuff. I don't think any of those listed could, but out of them all, I voted for Katie Holmes.

10. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Why do you people think that Katie Holmes would do a good job as Jaina? I just don?t understand. The girl isn?t a very good actress. Whenever one of her characters is supposed to be mad, frustrated, or even confused, Katie demonstrates the same physical reaction to those emotions. Emotions of anger, frustration, and confusion, are very different from one another, and they should be acted out differently. Katie Holmes has shown no ability to do that. Not only does she not know how to differentiae between those emotions, she over acts them. This makes her performance unrealistic and downright unbelievable. She may be relatively close to looking the part, but she could never BE the part.

11. sweetheart

sweetheart Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 19, 2001
    Yeah Katie Holmes is a good actress, but like I said before, isn't Jaina supposed to be fairly small? Katie Holmes and most of the actresses listed are too tall. That's why I think Shiri's right.

12. Ooryl Qyrgg

Feb 25, 2000
    Doesn't Jaina have blonde hair?

Describe her for me

13. phantasm66

phantasm66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2000
    www.imdb.com usually has pics of actors/actresses along with a list of movies/tv shows they've been in.

eliza was also in jay and silent bob strike back - played sissy

14. Freyja

Freyja Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Jaina's not blond. She has brown hair and brown eyes and is described as looking a little like Leia but smaller in size.

15. menilma

menilma Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 25, 2001
    phantasm is right!! I just checked the page out, it's jaina!

16. Padawan92

Padawan92 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2001
    I don't think any would be good but if I had to pick one I would say Eliza Dushka.

17. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    None of them. I like Rachel Leigh Cooke. If not her, then Anna Paquin, cause she really looks like the pictures of Jaina. Esp. how she looked in X-Men. RLC seems more dainty, and small tho.

18. Arabwel

Arabwel Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2001
    If you say that Eliza has can't do subtle... Hello? Faith in BtVS? There's ton's of emotion in every scene she's in, esp. If with Angel or Buffy. An I'ven't even seen them all!

Ara
    (Addicted to BtVS and Angel almost as much as to SW... Or not. But a lot)

19. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    OK, I'm throwing another name into the mix - Fairuza Balk, who played a very bad girl in "The Craft," and who is also in "Almost Famous." She's not classically pretty, but I think she has the "edge" that Jaina is getting. Go see her pictures at www.imdb.com (ignore the first one that comes up, that one is really lame), click on the larger images at the MTV Awards, for instance.

20. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    Isn't Fairuza Balk a bit too old at 27 to play Jaina? At least Rachael Leigh Cook is only 21, and Elisha Dushku a mere 19.

At the youngest Fairuza doesn't look younger than her mid 20s.

Yours

21. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Chronologically, probably...but we know that movie-makers can work magic...LOL

22. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I don't know any of them, so I say Leonardo Dicaprio.

23. RNolan

RNolan Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 5, 2000
    They would have to be pretty skilled - she looks her age. A bit like Kylie Minouge, who looks about 38 and is only 33. Special effects aren't that good yet!

Yours

24. Ooryl Qyrgg

Feb 25, 2000
    Not Fairuza Balk

Its tough, cos she's got to be an action figure

25. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    Dominique Swain [image=http://64.177.198.86/domi/dss136.jpg]

Dye her hair brown, and even if there are other actresses that look more like Jaina, Swain is one of the best young actresses around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.