main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

if Anakin had been on Yavin IV...

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by General_Rieekan, Apr 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General_Rieekan

General_Rieekan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    just a question, perhaps y'all can answer this. if Anakin had been to Yavin IV and new its location, then how did he not know the Rebel Base was there? he should have been able to sense it with Luke being on the planet, or at least guess or figure out that the Rebels were there from his time during the Clone Wars, so what happened?

2. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    20 years passed and the galaxy focused elsewhere. Yavin IV wasn't even noticed.

It's not like Anakin came back to Obi-Wan and after apologizing for running off said, "You know, that moon would be a great location for a base."

3. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    LOL jace!! [face_laugh] Yeah, it's not that obvious. It is funny though how the Alliance chooses planets which have once been home to Jedi Temples: Dantooine, Yavin IV.

4. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    It is funny though how the Alliance chooses planets which have once been home to Jedi Temples: Dantooine, Yavin IV.

Don't forget Ilum, but GL can call that planet Hoth all he wants. :p

5. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    exactly my point Obi-Wan21! anakin was a Jedi, the Alliance puts some of their bases on planets with Jedi Temples. wouldnt some kind of pattern develop here? i mean, they search Dantooine and found remains of a Rebel Base so would it really be a leap to start looking on other planets with Jedi Temples on them.

sure evil is stupid, but they get lucky every once in a while. besides that Vader was like uber-Force boy, so it shouldnt have been too much to think "hey, maybe there are other bases on planets like this!"

i just think this is really kinda amusing, Palpatine and Vader are cunning enough to overthrow the Old Republic, but dont have the smarts or Force-powers to figure this one out...LOL!

:D

6. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    i mean, they search Dantooine and found remains of a Rebel Base so would it really be a leap to start looking on other planets with Jedi Temples on them

I think one planet is hardly enough to start a "pattern".

7. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    that is true, but then again this is the Dark Lord of the Sith. he can choke you without even touching you, but cant use his old Jedi mind tricks...perhaps it was just because of old age...LOL

the inconsistencies keep bugging me, perhaps im just being paranoid or obsessive...i just watched the OT again and kept thinking about Clone Wars and how it all relates...

8. jacemathem

Oct 3, 2003
    Vader could have known that Luke and his Rebel friends were on Yavin IV, but he didn't need to say anything because Tarkin was already going there because of the homing device on the Millennium Falcon.

9. General_Rieekan

Feb 5, 2004
    true that, but i was just thinking of before and after Luke was on Yavin IV. yeah, i see your point about the homing beacon, i didnt really think about that, but still, im thinking Vader had slipped a little since his fall from the Jedi Order, so maybe his Force powers of deduction were clouded or maybe even that his hatred and anger prevented him from seeing Yavin IV...

10. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    Maybe they also use those planets as bases cuz of the ability to shield their presence? Yeah, it's a tad far-fetched but possible. Yoda hid on Dagobah because of it. Maybe the Alliance discovered their presence would be hidden. Anyway, GR, you have a point possibly. But it's still hard for Anakin to make the connection. Only two planets, or more, depends on the books. Which I haven't read many. :D

11. Boskone_Kenobi

Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2002
    I have read all the posts.... and really dont see any problem here. No inconsistencies, no vader lapse, nohting.
    Remember the first poster made it sound like they actually thought that the rebellion was already there on Yavin 4, which it obviously was not. It was a stack of empty buildings and nothing more. What is vader supposed to think?

"Lets see, 20 years ago I fought a Sith in some old ruins, which is definate proof positive that the rebellion would be in those ruins a generation later."

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM HERE?
    Mountains out of molehills people.

12. Thrice-Damned-Narn

Thrice-Damned-Narn Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2004
    The temples on Yavin IV are not Jedi Temples- they were constructed by the massassi, and actually have closer ties to the ancient Sith.

Anyways, there's no reason for Vader to even suspect the Rebels were on Yavin IV- why would he?

Do you think Yavin IV is the only out-of-the-way planet/moon with abandoned, ancient ruins? Heck, they didn't even have any reason to think the Rebel base was in an abandoned, ancient ruins to begin with.

13. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    The temples on Yavin IV are not Jedi Temples- they were constructed by the massassi, and actually have closer ties to the ancient Sith.

DAMN! I was hurriedly reading the rest of the thread so that I could post that :p
    Because of the Exar Kun connection, there is a residual Force energy about the place. But I think Luke chose it because the structure of the abandoned buildings on an inhabitable yet uninhabited moon was ideal for establishing his Academy/Praxeum. He found out about the bad bits later.

So, yeah. What he said ^^^

;) {||||| ?||} -----------------------------

14. Dark_Jedi_D

Dark_Jedi_D Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 16, 2004
    You guys beat me to it!

15. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    just a question, perhaps y'all can answer this. if Anakin had been to Yavin IV and new its location, then how did he not know the Rebel Base was there? he should have been able to sense it with Luke being on the planet, or at least guess or figure out that the Rebels were there from his time during the Clone Wars, so what happened?

How could he know? He's not in the alliance, and the galaxy is a huge place. There are millions of places for the alliance to go. How on earth would he be able to guess taht the rebels were on Yavin 4 from his being there?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also as a note: the Temple on Dantooine was destroyed ~50 years after Ulic Qel-Droma, Exar Kun and the Yavin IV incident.

By Darth Malak.

I don't think it was rebuilt, was it?

17. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    No clue. What book would that be in?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    No clue. What book would that be in?

Uh, that'd be Knights of the Old Republic, sparky... ;)

19. ObiwanJohn

ObiwanJohn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 12, 2003
    Also, how would've Anakin known they were Sith related temples? It's not like he spent alot of time examining them.

20. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Well yeah.
    Although it is entirely possible that the presence of the Chosen One in a hacked-off mood could have stirred something which acted as a catalyst to Anakin's already-considerable rage.
    Not saying that Exar possessed Anakin, but maybe Anakin's anger was increased by the dark-side aura.
    But then, why wasn't Asajj's? Unless Anakin gained agression, and Asajj gained fearfulness...

{||||| ?||} -----------------------------

21. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001

The reason Vader couldn't sense Luke then was because he didn't even know his kids were alive. He couldn't sense the Force in his own daughter when she was on the DS. He could sense Obi-Wan, since he was his padawan for many years and was familiar with him.

Only when Luke used the Force in the DS trench could Vader sense him.

22. GhostPoet

GhostPoet Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 15, 2000
    I don't know if there is anything to FULLY support this (maybe only partially) but I think the fact that the Rebel bases were sometimes on planets where Jedi once were...actually concealed them from Vader...even if they didn't realize it.

Kinda like Yoda...hiding out on a planet that was full of dark side. Vader probably dismissed that planet because it was an "old sense" just like the temple on Yavin was old.

But also...that "left over" force power probably concealed Lukes own force presence.

23. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    he should have been able to sense it with Luke being on the planet, or at least guess or figure out that the Rebels were there from his time during the Clone Wars, so what happened?

The whole "sense" thing has been blown way out of porportion anyway, but when Luke was on Yavin IV, Vader and the DS were already on the way. Even if he had "sensed" Luke, it wouldn't have changed anything.
    Other than that, WTH would he even think of the rebels being there? That makes no sense.

24. Chilean_JEDI19

Chilean_JEDI19 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2002
    Anakin was on Yavin IV like 20 years before the DS attack... And he has been in LOTS and LOTS of planets and moons. The GFFA is really a big place.

and maybe he DOES remember something, when the homing device gives Yavin IV as the location of the rebel base, but you just don't know.... It's like Tatooine in ANH. I would love to know what was happening in Vader's mind when the droids landed on Tatooine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.