main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If Anakin Had Reached His Full Potential By ROTS, Would Obi-Wan Still Have Beaten Him?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth_Fruit_Fly, Jul 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fruit_Fly

Darth_Fruit_Fly Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2005
    I say Nooooo!!!! There's no way in Hades that a maximum strength Anakin Skywalker gets beaten by Obi-Wan. Lucas himself said Anakin would have been twice as powerful as the Emperor had he not taken the lave bath, so I see Obi as having ZERO chance for victory in this scenario. What say you?

2. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
  3. WitchKing66

WitchKing66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2005
    i dont know, but its funny Anakin manage to defeat a full-fledge Sith Lord a the start of ROTS with little effort, but for OB1 he took his time

but i do know its for screentime purposes

4. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    If Anakin Had Reached His Full Potential By ROTS, Would Obi-Wan Still Have Beaten Him?

probably not, but ObiWan did beat him. and that is all that matters. :)

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    If Anakin hadn't sustained his injuries, then reached his absolute zenith as a Sith, he would've been able to beat anyone in the galaxy.

6. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    This should go in the ROTS What If Game Thread.

7. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    no, anyone who says otherwise, is insane.

anakin says "you underestimate my power." saying this clues us in, and it should tell most viewers, that if anakin was indeed as powerful as he said he was he would have executed the manuever he attempted. now since we are using the what if scenario, anakin being at his most powerful, one must think that the statement he made"you underestimate my power." would have more merit to it. meaning that now since anakin is at his most powerful (due to this what if scenario.) anakin has the capability to execute the manuver he was talking about.

of course this entire scenario only happens if obi wan can hold out against a full powered anakin. which i sincerly doubt.

8. Darth_Fruit_Fly

May 16, 2005
    This should go in the ROTS What If Game Thread

Well, next time I'll consult you before making a thread, to ensure it's in the proper forum. [face_plain]

9. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    [face_laugh]

Welp, we'll never know. Not really into the whole "what if" thing, but I'll say Obi Wan would have beat him anyway. After all, Obi Wan defeated a Sith when his elder masters hadn't seen one in their life. He also beats a four-saber wielding cyborg in a duel. Obi Wan is yall Daddy.

10. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    No I'm just saying this dicussion fits into that thread that already exsisted before you made yours. Sorry if I made you mad.

11. Darth_Muffins

Darth_Muffins Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2004
    the "what if" thread is nothing serious....it is more of a humor thing and nobody takes it seriously.

And yes, if Anakin was at his full power without him letting emotions get in the way, he would slice Obi like butter.

12. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Oh I didn't know, sorry.

13. yaddidameen

yaddidameen Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2005
    twice as powerful as sidious. GL has said as much. there's no way one can reasonably argue for obi wan in this "what if" scenario.

anakin at full strength would have been unstoppable, he would take yoda out with one hand behind his back, doesn't bode well for obi wan.

14. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    anakin at full strength would have been unstoppable, he would take yoda out with one hand behind his back, doesn't bode well for obi wan.

I totally agree, but hopefully if Anakin reached his full potenial, his strategy would have improved as well. I mean ObiWan has the High Ground and Anakin, full of Pride jumps anyway. Makes ya wonder if ObiWan would still find a way to outsmart him. [face_thinking]

15. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Depends on what you mean by "full potenetial"? If you are just talking about fighting skills he would have developed over time then he would have mopped the floor with him. But his full potential as far as being the chosen one or the most powerful jedi ever was never reached because he rejected the things that would have made him great like patience, humility, and letting go of attachment.

But had he reached his full potential as far as listening to the living will of the force rather than his own selfish desires, then there never would have been a fight with Obi-wan. So this question is kind of an oxy-moron IMO

16. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003
    "twice as powerful as sidious. GL has said as much. there's no way one can reasonably argue for obi wan in this "what if" scenario."

Well, that's just it, it's a "what if" scenario. Anakin is the midichlorian-filled chosen one with more force-germs than master Yoda and then he went Sith and gained even NEWER POWERS; and STILL loses to Obi Wan. It would have been another episode of "I have the high ground" where a silly Anakin makes a dumb move because power does not equal victory.

You don't think Vader killed Palpatine in ROTJ because he was more powerful, do you?

17. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    another episode of "I have the high ground" where a silly Anakin makes a dumb move because power does not equal victory You don't think Vader killed Palpatine in ROTJ because he was more powerful, do you?

Really good point, but do you think ObiWan won because he was aB etter duelist than Anakin, or that he was smarter?. I say smarter.

18. SWFanatic400

SWFanatic400 Jedi Youngling

Jul 16, 2005
    i think he would have beaten him simply because if he had reached his full potential and turned to the darkside, he would probably control his anger more and he would know the full extent of his power and it would prove too much for obi-wan. Just because he defeated Darth Maul is irrelevant because Anakin is way more powerful than he was. Anakin would win hands down.

19. DUGGY

Apr 23, 2005
    he also outsmarted Maul as well. ObiWan really is a wiley coyote [face_laugh] .

20. obi1andreasen79

obi1andreasen79 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2005
    lucas says in the "return of darth vader" on the OT bonus disc.
    "anakin is more powerful but obi wan is more experienced." it comes down to power vs experience. common sense should tell you which would usually prevail.

21. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

Being smart is a vital part of trategy in combat. It is TRUE power, it is TRUE strength.

Ironically, the stronger one becomes in the darkside, the stupider they get. Arrogance and overconfidence clouds their judgment leaving them vulnerable. So, by making Anakin his "potential" self, would actually make him weaker against Obi Wan.

22. Darth_Fruit_Fly

May 16, 2005
    If Anakin fought Kenobi at "full" strength, Kenobi's mental edge that he has in ROTS goes out the window. A fully strengthened Anakin would have been completely unstoppable, as his power would be so great, that it would have nullified, or should I say, eraticated any previous advantage Obi held over him. Anakin would have been like a wrecking ball, to Obi-Wan's grandfather clock.

23. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

With what? His dueling, force-lightening, super-force push? We already see the Sith's list of powers and it's short. What would Obi Wan lose to him in? What would over power him to the point where he can't use wit?

24. Darth_Fruit_Fly

May 16, 2005
    It makes up a a large portion of it, not doubt. But strength, that is physical strength, is just as crucial, if not more so, in certain arenas of combat, especially when it's one on one. I mean if knowledge was the fundamental root of both mental and physical strenght, then by that token, Einstein should have been "The Baddest Man On The Planet." But alas, he was gifted at splitting molecules, not skulls.

25. NeoBaggins

Oct 28, 2003

He wasn't a warrior either. But just yesterday I watched a buffed up Bane throw BATMAN around like a rag-doll until eventually the big brute was outwitted. He even outsmarted SUPERMAN before who didn't approve of his crime-fighting methods. I also watched a brand new Sith yell out "YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWERS!!" before being turned into a doormat.;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.