main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT If Jango Fett was cloned,why Anakin was not cloned too?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by mihaitzateo, Feb 8, 2016.

1. mihaitzateo

mihaitzateo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 5, 2015
    I was wondering,Django Fett was chosen to raise a clone army.
    Why Anakin was not cloned?
    Maybe the clones would not all have same force sensitivity but,who knows,how force sensitivity is transmitted by cloning.

2. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    That's a good and interesting question!

IMHO, it probably went against the uniqueness of the "chosen one" and Darth Sidious would have seen to it to prevent it from happening.

Sounds like a potential idea for a back story that should examine why there were no such considerations as far as we are unaware of these.

3. The_Phantom_Calamari

The_Phantom_Calamari Force Ghost star 5

Nov 10, 2011
    The old EU usually went with the idea that cloning Force sensitives just didn't really work that well, for a variety of reasons.

AshiusX and ObiWanKnowsMe like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
  5. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Cloning Anakin to replace the damaged parts, or just having a healthy version of him? The former would probably be difficult to pull off well. The latter still requires training. Creating clones for an army, way too dangerous for the Sith.

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I doubt that Force-sensitivity can be cloned. If Force-sensitivity could be cloned, Sheev wouldn't have any need for Luke.

AshiusX likes this.
  7. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Too-Gon Onbourbon Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    If force sensitivity passes genetically then I would think there would be cloning possibilities unless something in the copying process edited out the force gene.

My thought is that force sensitivity is too big a wild card factor especially for the likes of the Sith. I tend to think most sensitive gravitate toward the light despite the dark side being quicker and more seductive and so a bunch of Anakin clones might go real far the the wrong way in results plus the ones that go dark are immediately tremendous threats. If you manipulate to make them more docile and open to suggestion then I speculate you mess with the parts of the code that pass force sensitivity.

Something makes it either not work or at high risk of unintended consequences or someone like Palpatine would probably have a clone apprentice once he had full control and keep the operation totally in house. I don't see his faith in his religion exceeding his arrogance, that kat would be all about literally and forever BEING the Sith, screw Anakin having more potential.

Lady_Misty and MauiMisfit like this.
  8. MauiMisfit

MauiMisfit Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Ultimately, if we want to go with the midichlorian answer and say that force sensitivity is inherited - then it is a genetic trait.

When you are talking about creating a genetic clone - then the DNA would be 100% the same between original and clone. The DNA would be taken from host and passed to the clone cell. This isn't like the era of magnetic tape. It doesn't degrade and certain parts aren't left out.

So, it is another hole created by answering questions that didn't need to be answered in the prequels.

Ultimately we are down to three answers:
    1) force sensitivity is inherited and genetic and thus clone-able
    2) force sensitivity is not inherited or genetic, but available to all people
    3) you want to create some ridiculous anti-science approach to cloning

9. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Not really.

OBI-WAN: "Who was the original host?"

LAMA SU: "A bounty hunter called Jango Fett. We felt a Jedi would be the perfect choice, but Sido-Dyas hand-picked Jango Fett himself."

Lucas, at the time of the second draft, had hinted that it was an option. But the Sith had turned it down flat. We must remember that the danger in having more than two dark side Force users is the potential for betrayal. This would be why the clones were from a non Force sensitive. At the time, there were no Inquisitors and no dark side adepts in Lucas's view. The Sith were only two. A million clones of Palpatine would be a disaster of epic proportions.

Lady_Misty likes this.
  10. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Huh, I don't remember that part being in the movie. :p

11. jakobitis89

jakobitis89 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2015
    Also... how the heck would you train a whole army of Anakins? One of them was enough to irritate the bejeebers out of the entirety of the Jedi Council, more or less... what damage could thousands of them all competing with each other do?

12. Warren Moonwalker

Warren Moonwalker Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 30, 2015
    because there are only two sith. no more, no less

13. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    There is no Force gene. The Force is able to be sensed through the midi-chlorians, which are present in every cell of every living being. The higher the concentration, the easier it is to tap into the Force.

AshiusX and Lady_Misty like this.
  14. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Jan 23, 2016
    If there is no gene then why would sensitivity pass down family lines?

This is why even a great explaination is a bad idea in fantasy and a stupid one like midichlorians is completely goofy.

15. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because midi-chlorian concentration does pass down.

Just because you don't like/understand it doesn't make it a bad nor goofy idea.

AshiusX likes this.
  16. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Jan 23, 2016
    No, yet it is bad and goofy.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Because you don't like it nor understand it. Read above.

18. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    I don't understand why they couldn't clone Anakin a new arm after he got his sliced off. Maybe he requested a robot arm. I would too if I were him.

19. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    And thousands of voices echoed into the void.. "I hate sand..."

AshiusX, ZodaEX and jakobitis89 like this.
  20. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

Because in the films, it seems that cloning body parts wasn't common. Much less feasible. In Luke's time, flesh is cloned or grafted to cover his hand. But then it no longer seems to be viable.

[​IMG]

AshiusX likes this.
  21. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    The clones were made to be dumb--ready to take orders. This was explained.

22. Too-Gon Onbourbon

Jan 23, 2016
    I did read it and gave my response.

"Understand" please like it some brilliant bit that only the elect can ponder the mysteries of or something.
    Does it expand understanding? No.
    Is it integral to the story? Nope.
    Does it reenforce important themes? Yeah right.
    Does it increase entertainment value? LOLZ.
    Is it a lame explanation where no explanation is needed, wanted, nor in anyway enhances the plot? Fuggin A right there, Bubba.
    Just a clumsy way to explain something else stupid and pointless aka " Mommy, where does Space Jesus come from?".

If George Lucas wanted to make a movie or a trilogy about if Jesus took the devil's deal set against a backdrop of stars that led to Star Wars that would be okay but he didn't and if it was never mentioned it would change nothing save like 3 or 4 lines spread through three movies. It was pointless as pointless can be.

"Like" of course not it is goofy, bad, and lame as well as I've already said except the lame part which should have been included the first two times.

23. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A response that only corroborates my point.

24. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001

They weren't dumb. They could think and be more creative than a droid built for war. They just were less independent from Jango.

25. obi-arin-kenobi

obi-arin-kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Poor wording on my behalf. Point still stands regards to topic.