main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If George Lucas could go back...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by sithlord85, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithlord85

sithlord85 Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 26, 2004
    Go back to the time where he just finished Empire Strikes back would you like to have seen Shadows of the Empire on the big screen? If anyone who has read the book. Please don't base your opinion on the N64 game. I know I would like to see SOTE on screen after reading the book it explained alot of stuff that happend to the characters right before ROTJ.

TLJ Edit: Should a novel be made into a movie? Well, since SotE isn't part of the CT, this question belongs in Literature.

2. Steve1977

Steve1977 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2000
    Definetly, that would have been a perfect sequel to Empire had Lucas gone the original road of having 9 films altogether. Its sad when you hear storys of Lucas growing wreary of star wars by the time Jedi came into being.
    Saying that though, after the splendour of Empire, the public were demanding a finale like Jedi and Lucas knew this, hence Return of the Jedi.

Shadows of the Empire would have been so cool though. We'd have seen Luke making his first lightsaber. An intense flight through a foresty planet with excellent comic relief when C3-P0 takes the controls.

Cant remember anymore cause its been ages since i read it.

3. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Its been a while since I read it, but I don't remember there really being enough key events to make it worthy of a film. Each of the 5 films so far has very major events that change the characters and the course of the story in some way, I don't remember SOTE doing the same.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.