If I am not allowed to insult you on these boards

Discussion in 'Communications' started by beezel26, Dec 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. beezel26 Force Ghost

star 7
    then why is it the administration links to facebook and twitter where users are discussed and insulted and bullied. Those who are banned basically keep responding as if they are not banned and anyone that doesn't like the administration or mods or users can openly insult them and curse them because its the cool thing to do. I mean users can openly lie about one another and start any rumor they want to cause its cool. If facebook had been up ten years ago then you would have seen the same issues. Users being mocked, insulted and ridiculed on an open forum. Seriously, how is possible for some who call themselves Mods or CRs or Admins to insult users off the boards but adhere to the strictest standards here.

The link should be dropped and the face book page and the twitter page should be shut down unless everyone follows the same rules as the TFN or risk banning from this place. if you want the community to grow then keep facebook for announcements only and no posts. This is community of people.

For the last few months its been me, I have been the subject of insults and lies. Am I a pariah, yes always have been. Your not the first group of people that have shut me out because of my personality. But my last job taught me one valuable lesson. You might be different, people may not like you but who gives a damn about them. You are yourself and no one can find fault with that. People will mock you because you are not smart enough or have good grammar, your overweight or like science, you may not be the most popular. They will be petty and use your words to find fault. But rest assured they are the ones demeaning themselves. They are the ones losing out to all the great things you yourself have to offer and what others want to see.
    To those who do not like me I apologize for your loss. Loss of all the great things me and all the other outsiders you don't like have to offer. I will be here, I won't leave. And for those who feel like outsiders, please stay. Stay and enjoy the company of those in this great community. And for those who do not like us, If you want to leave then please do. This is a community, not a clique. A vibrant community of people who do wonderful things everyday.

What LAJ said. Also, we've usually taken the stance that what happens away from this site is not something we moderate. There's no way I'm going to expect our mods, admins and CR's to be 'the face of TFN' all over the internet. What they say on other websites is their business. This is not a Comms thread, beezel, this is a personal complaint. If you want to bring this up to an admin, please feel free.
  2. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    The links at the top of the forums for Facebook and Twitter are for the TFN sites there. They are to provide a means of finding out information if the boards are down and to get information when we move. (I can't even see our Facebook group since it requires you to log in and I'm not on Facebook. It's because of their lousy privacy record, if you must know.)

As mods and admins we can't police sites other than our own. So if you're being insulted in a Facebook group other than the TFN one there isn't a lot we admins can do about it, Beezel. If it's in the TFN Facebook group then I'd take that up with Grimby since I can't see it.

If someone is posting links in YJCC or another forum to material that you find questionable then I'd PM one of the forum mods to take a look.
  3. G-FETT Chosen One

star 7
    Bezel, just enjoy the Holidays and don't worry about it. :)
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.