main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If I Die Before I Wake

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by The Musical Jedi, Feb 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Musical Jedi

The Musical Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 1999
    I am doing a completely computer animated star wars movie and I was wondering if anybody out there with a way to record sound onto their computer might be interested in being the voice of one or more of the characters in my movie. if you think you could do a good voice for any of the characters below please record yourself imitating the character's voice based on the description next to the character's name below and e-mail the sound file to me at:

madere@connix.com

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS

Anakin Skywalker:
    not high or deep voice

Queen Amidala:
    sounds like Natalie Portman

Jar Jar:
    good Jar Jar imitation

Obi-Wan Kenobi:
    good British accent but not too thick a accent (doesn?t need to be real but needs to be realistic)

Kinhoof Imin:
    deep voice

Darth Oniga:
    like darth maul

Chancellor Palpatine:
    realistic slight British accent and similar to Senator Palpatine in movie

Darth Sidious:
    Just like Palpatine but deeper voice

Boss Nass:
    Jar Jar with a deeper voice

extras:
    background noise for humans and creatures(anybody can do this)

semi background:
    people to play small roles with speaking parts that aren?t just background noise

please contact me at madere@connix.com if you are interested. thanks and may the force be with you.

2. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hi, you've got a really cool idea. I'd love to do the voice of Queen Amidala.(If she's not already taken) I'll e-mail you too but I just thought I'd write it here too.
    -Snowbee-Wan Kenobi

3. Hiroko01

Hiroko01 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 1998
    My voice sucks but should you ever find the need for it, I play flute/piccolo and trombone.

4. snowbee-wan kenobi

snowbee-wan kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2000
    Hiroko, I bet your voice isn't that bad,
    (by the way do you know who the icon is supposed to be? I can't figure it out)

5. Lost in Coruscant

Lost in Coruscant Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 31, 1999
    *shrugs*

My voice is to...something.

6. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    ---Here is my newest fanfic!! Questions, comments and general discussions are all desired. Please post!!!---

Nora ran with all of her strength, her skirts hiked him to her knees revealing layers of petticoats. Her dusty blond hair streamed behind her getting caught in the branches of the nearby trees. One of the branches ripped the bandana from her head, but she didn?t have the time to go back for it. Clutched in one hand was a pendent, the leather thong that had been used to hold in on her neck broken. Tears streamed down her face as she ran on and on, frustration and fear painted as clearly as any makeup across her pretty features. Behind her, she could hear the loud rustles of her pursuers, and the noises intimidated her to press herself harder. I just want to go home, she though desolately to herself. But the chase continued.

She couldn?t even remember why she was being chased, except that it had something to do with her parents. Her parents had been diplomats, frequenters of Naboo and friends of the Queen and her senator with that insufferable name she could never remember. They had been on Coruscant for some kind of summit meetings, Nora had never understood what exactly they did, but something had gone terribly wrong. Her parents had been killed, their possessions taken. Nora had become homeless and alone within the space of a few minutes. She could still remember to cool, unfeeling words that had explained what happened, that horrible letter that was stuffed somewhere in the pack she had taken with her. Her pack was filled with clothes and what nonperishable food she had found in the house before she was forced to leave. Also in there was the small amount of coin that Nora had had, hidden away for her own personal use.

Then, they had come. She hadn?t know who they were, except that they had already tried to kill her three times, before she had darted off into the forest that skirted her town. Now they were chasing her like some animal. Nora had no doubts that the same person or people who had wanted her parents dead also wanted her the same way, although she couldn?t fathom why. Whys can be figured out later, she chastised herself, when I have less pressing matters on my mind.

She slowed, realizing that the noises behind her were fainter and less harsh. Did I lose them? she wondered hopefully. Wasting neither time nor the slight advantage it gave her, Nora picked a random tree and began hoisting herself into it, hoping it could offer shelter, at least for a little while. The trees were tall, huge things that shot up in the air for hundreds of feet. With no intention of climbing that high, Nora found a branch up high enough that she would be hidden by the foliage beneath her. She panted, working steadily to slow her breathing.

As she sat on the branch, she heard the sound of boots on plants below her. ?I heard her go this way,? a harsh masculine voice said, sounding frustrated. ?If we don?t find her, it?ll be our heads,? he added.

Another voice replied to the first. ?Do you know if it was the master or the apprentice who commanded this? If it was the apprentice, he?ll catch the brute of the punishment. Besides, how are we supposed to find some sixteen-year-old in this jungle? It?s almost as bad as Dagobah!?

The first man sighed. ?I don?t know. I hope it was the apprentice, for our sake. Let?s go find the others. She?s not to be found. May the Force save us all when they find out what we?ve done.?

Apprentice? Nora mouthed to herself, confusion written across her face. The only masters and apprentices she knew of were the Jedi sort. Surely they wouldn?t . . . her thought trailed off, accompanied by the realization that she couldn?t really be sure of anything anymore.

[This message has been edited by The Musical Jedi (edited 03-03-2000).]

[This message has been edited by The Musical Jedi (edited 03-04-2000).]

7. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Woo-hoo!! New story by Musical!

Please don't forget your old one...

8. Hiroko01

Dec 14, 1998
    Woo-hoo!! New story by Musical!

Please don't forget your old one...

9. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    I haven't. There's a new post there, if you haven't checked it yet.

10. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    JMMJ, checking in...

Your new story sounds great, Musical! Goody, another fic to add to my daily rounds !

You updated Truth?! Have to read it... (did Qui rescue her yet? )

...JMMJ out...

11. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Oopps. Didn't mean to double post. redface.gif

[This message has been edited by The Musical Jedi (edited 03-05-2000).]

12. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    ---*makes a face* I really hate having to establish a following for a new story . . . *siiiiigh* Oh well, live goes on and the story continues to be posted---

Qui-Gon Jinn lay dozing on a blast couch, catching up on lost sleep. The room was empty, except for a few chairs and a table, besides the couch. Outside the windows lining the sides of the room, stars drifted by at a steady pace. Nothing seemed to move. The Jedi Master seemed complete at ease.

His apprentice, Obi-Wan Kenobi, opened the door carefully, being sure not make any noise. He had long since learned it was not wise to startle his Master from sleep. A grin slightly played across his face as a list of pranks that could easily be carried out from this point ran through his head, but Obi-Wan pushed it aside. This is neither the time, nor the place, he told himself, even though the grin remained.

Starting in a low voice, Obi-Wan began calling to Qui-Gon. ?Master,? he said, each time increasing volume. He had long since discovered that this was the easiest way to avoid being attack by the threatened Jedi. Soon Qui-Gon stirred, and rolled over, opening his eyes. He was on his feet a second later, completely alert. ?Master, we are nearing the Alderaan system.?

Qui-Gon nodded approvingly and began to lead the way into the ship?s cockpit. He sat in the left-hand seat, and Obi-Wan settled into the pilot?s seat. ?Master, you haven?t told me yet why the Council has sent us here,? he started, glancing at his master.

Qui-Gon?s face turned grim as he replied, and Obi-Wan got the feeling that something great was amiss. ?Well, a night ago, a pair of diplomats was killed, assassinated on Coruscant during one of Palpatine?s summits. When their bodies were found, there was not a mark on them that would suggest anything had happened. The Coruscant Armed Force brought in a Jedi to inspect it, and he sensed residues of the dark side of the Force. He then pointed out to the guards that the diplomats must have been strangled due to the positions of their hands around their necks, skin color and such. There are Sith among us, padawan. These diplomats have a daughter who may know something about them as to why they were targeted, besides the fact it?s only logical that they would go after her next. We must find her on Alderaan, keep her protected, and bring her back to Coruscant,? he finished up, looking at his apprentice for a reaction.

Struggling with the weight of it all, Obi-Wan had difficulty finding words. Finally, he formed a question, one of many. ?Do we know who the Sith are??

?No, we don?t,? the older man replied, ?although the Council has high hopes we will discover it as we continue.?

?Do we know anything about the girl? Such as what she looks like, where she lives, something that can help us locate her?? Obi-Wan asked again.

?Only her name, Nora Valjean, and the knowledge she lives in a little outskirts village named Chesia. Other than that, we are own our own,? Qui-Gon finished as Alderaan loomed in their window.

Obi-Wan turned to the controls and began setting it for the descent and landing. Qui-Gon Jinn gave him the coordinates to a place where they could land near the village. Shaking his head slightly, Obi-Wan exhaled and wondered what was in store for them. Something told him it wasn?t going to be pleasant.

[This message has been edited by The Musical Jedi (edited 03-05-2000).]

13. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I'm here, I'm here. Another story, Musical, great and already exciting.

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Play the pranks, Obi-Wan, play the pranks! Come on!

I hope that Nora leads them a merry chase before they manage to catch up with her. She sounds like she has reason to fear people known as Masters and Apprentices. I'd like to see her turn around and attack them before she discovers they're actually out to protect her.

15. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    ---*grins* You know, writing scenes like these are a lot of fun. ---

Nora shifted uncomfortably from her branch. She had decided she had waited long enough. Climbing down from the tree, she also determined she really should go back to her house and find out what could be salvaged from the wreckage her pursuers caused. Although it wasn?t her brightest idea, it was the only decent plan of action she could come up with.

Shadows from the moon and stars drifted across the forest floor, making Nora feel like she was stuck in some primeval horror story that her friends had been fond of making up. Still, she traveled unafraid, having grown up playing in these woods. They were almost as familiar to her as her own house.

Despite the comfort of familiarity, though, Nora envisioned the sounds of boots on the flora with every stirring of a leaf or branch. She was concerned about being followed, and soon took refuge in another tree. You coward, she fumed, forcing herself to get out of the tree. One night of travel won?t hurt anything, you saw them leave yourself. No one could track you in the middle of the night in a forest they?re unfamiliar with.

Soon, she came upon her house. Taking a stealthy look around it, Nora noticed there was a man on guard at the main door of the house. Odd, she thought to herself, I would have figured they would have put more sentries around the house if they thought I would come back. There must not be many men here total to not be able to spare more. I didn?t think I was that dangerous.

Slipping in through a back door, Nora kept a sharp eye out for other people around her family?s grounds. Seeing no one, she disappeared into her room and began gathering together some more clothes, and personal things she thought she might want.

Obi-Wan stood outside the house in the dark, staring at Qui-Gon incredulously. ?Master,? he said, looking shocked, ?you can?t really expect the girl to have come back here, not from the circumstances you?ve described.? It had already been a long day, taking the Jedi almost twelve full hours to find both the village and the Valjean household. He just wasn?t following his master?s logic.

Qui-Gon shook his head. ?Just go look for her. One of us needs to stay out here in case her trackers return. No need to be caught unaware. It?s the most logical place to start,? he finished up, leaving no room in his tone for argument. Obi-Wan nodded, then disappeared into the house.

The place was dark and looked like it had been torn apart by whoever had come looking for her. Obi-Wan shook his head, wishing not for the first time he didn?t have such an obstinate Master. Still, that characteristic sometimes had its benefits, he forced himself to admit.

He looked around thoroughly and carefully, making a point not to miss any of the rooms. The house was laid out in a square, with a large open-air veranda in the middle. There were three stories, each with about ten rooms to a floor. It boggled Obi-Wan?s mind that only three people could live in such huge quarters. On about the second floor, he began to get an uneasy feeling. Hearing a soft noise, Obi-Wan spun around, catching a glimpse of a tall blond girl before the tip of a staff caught him across the shoulder, sending him flying to the ground.

A look of fear crossed her face when she realized he was still conscious. The fear was then replaced by defiance and slight anger. ?Don?t move,? she growled brandishing the staff menacingly. Obi-Wan?s head swam from the unexpected pain in his shoulder. He tried to shift his weight to sit up, not intimidated, and found himself sprawled on his back again, the butt of the quarterstaff pressing into his stomach.

Obi-Wan lost his temper at the idiotic game and grabbed a hold of the staff, wrenching it from her grasp. She glared at him, backing away, then turned and fled. ?Force,? he grunted, heaving himself to his feet. Great, not only do I find the girl, but I loose her in the process, he though bitterly to himself, sprinting after her. She disappeared aroun

16. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Breaks into song

Valjean, at last we see each other plain!

Sorry...but when I hear the name Valjean I automatically go straight to that line and sing it. It's almost a reflex by now. =) This story is great! I don't see why you would have any trouble getting a following for it, Musical.

All I can say is MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    All right! I just love it when enterprising females get the best of Obi-Wan! Good job! I like the way she pole-vaults over the bushes and manages to escape him. And the line "at about point-nine past light speed" was great. Carry on, Musical! You've got a fan here!

[This message has been edited by Jane Jinn (edited 03-06-2000).]

18. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    OHHH come on...don't tell me yall haven't heard the study prayer. That is like the most hilarious thing ever. Thats what this story tittle reminded me of. LOL

19. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Pray tell, what's the study prayer? I've never heard of it. . .

20. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay you asked for it. LOL
    This is my FAVORITE little prayer. ROFLOL Many a time have I prayed this. LOL you know I actually almost havae this memorized. heeheehee. Specially the "don't go nutty part."

The Study Prayer
    ==================
    Now I lay me down to study,
    I pray the Lord I don't go nutty,
    And if I fail to learn this junk,
    I pray the Lord I do not flunk,
    And if I die, don't bury me at all, Just lay my bones in the study hall, And pile my books upon my chest,
    And tell my teachers I did my best, So now I lay me down to rest,
    And pray I pass tomorrow's test,
    And if I die before I wake,
    That's one less test I'll have to take.

21. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    ---That is really funny!! I like it!! Only, this is based on the more serious one.---

Nora lagged her running a bit, figuring that it would take that boy a little while to figure out where she went. She slowed to a quick walk, turning around to keep an eye on her house and debated where to go. Suddenly, the man from the door rounded the corner of the house, immediately spotting her. Her triumphant feeling gone, Nora discovered her feet pedaling beneath her, and she streaked across the yard, this time heading into the sleeping village. A ball of ice formed in her stomach as she ran. That man actually looks like he might be a threat, she thought warily. Her pack thumping on her back, Nora instinctively tightened her grip on her quarterstaff, realizing that if it came to capture, that would be her only real defense. I guess all those quarterstaff lessons Father wanted me to take are coming in handy, she though cynically. Almost as an afterthought, she hiked up her skirts, giving her long legs more freedom to make wider strides, tucking the staff between her back and her bundle.

Force, can that girl move! Obi-Wan, she?s out here and heading for the village, Qui-Gon thought, grinning to himself. It was almost a game, like the ones young initiates were taught to strengthen their muscles and increase speed and reflexes. He took off after her, his Jedi robes streaming behind him. She had already disappeared into the darkness beyond, but Qui-Gon could still feel her by reaching into the Force.

Flinging the door open with a crash, Obi-Wan appeared on the other side of the house, feeling annoyed and having been made such a fool of. I?ll follow on this side of the houses, Master. Perhaps we can corner her, he replied as he took off down the beaten dirt path. He, too, tried to search for her in the Force, but his concentration was gone, along with his dignity. An ironic look on his face, he realized he wasn?t tired anymore.

As Nora continued to run, she had a chilling thought. That pair was probably the master and apprentice that the men in the forest had been referring too. It seemed to fit because the bumbling boy was the apprentice and if he had commanded this escapade, it made sense he would catch the brute of the reprimand and its failure. The master, having to pick up what the apprentice dropped, dragged him here to fulfill his own orders. The ground beneath her gave way to a gentle hill rolling down to where the rest of the village lay.

Reaching the first house, Nora darted between it and the one next to it. She paused for a moment, catching her breath for a moment, then darted out onto the road. The apprentice was there, inches away, and he started, drawing a saber which flashing open with a loud hiss. Nora?s eyes widened in pure terror, and she drew back, taking off down the streets again, even after the blue blade had disappeared again.

Obi-Wan grunted irritably, taking chase, this time much closer to her than he had been before. That?s it, he decided, his face becoming determined, this ends now. Putting on a burst of speed, he gained inches on her, which was all he needed. Springing himself, he made a leap, flung his arms around the girl and tackled her, drawing her to the ground with a resounding crash.

Dust filled the air, kicked up from the forceful impact. Nora twisted to the side, her hand caught painfully beneath her. She slipped the pack off of her and sat up, ignoring the fact that Obi-Wan was there. Her wrist already swelling, she slid one of her petticoats off one-handed and began tearing into strips with her one hand and her teeth. Obi-Wan, realizing what she was doing, reached over to help bind her wrist, which was beginning to bleed profusely. Nora shot him a heated look, baring her teeth slightly. ?Have you done enough already?? she snarled, returning to the activity of binding her wrist.

He colored slightly at the remark, unsure of what to do. He sat back and studied her instead. Her posture and appearance spoke to him of a disgraced anger, as though she had failed

22. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Obi-Wan thinks she's pretty? Maybe a little Obi-romance? Just as good as Obi-torture.(though sometimes I suppose it's the same thing)

23. Jedi Speewwy

Jedi Speewwy Jedi Master star 5

Dec 24, 1999
    Up, up, up and away!!!!

My, my I'm in an odd mood...

24. The Musical Jedi

Dec 13, 1999
    Curse all Sithspawn homework!!!! I won't be able to post for awhile because of it. mad.gif

25. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    First of all, great job! That chase scene was well done and almost comical (due to the fact that I'm in a very odd mood ). Keep up the good work, and remember to pray the Study Prayer before going to bed tonite

I hope you get that junk done !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.