main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive If I had drawn...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Qui-Ran-Demera, Jun 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Ran-Demera

Qui-Ran-Demera Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2006
    This Topic shall give young (and elder ^^) artists the opportunity to add their own impressions of Lucas Arts Productions such as "Clone Wars" and the new ones about to come... have Fun! Also feel free to add impressions from the Roleplaygames such as Star Wars Galaxies, Knights of the Old Republic I-II and Jedi Academy...

If I had drawn Obi Wan in "Clone Wars" he certainly would NOT look like this

[image=http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/2391/nichtmeinobiclone9yk.jpg]

but rather like this:

[image=http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/3037/obiclone15kq.jpg]

More about to come :)

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice!! I love your version--looks much more self-possessed and dignified... Of course, I suppose some of that must go when one is in the midst of a horrendous battle with mechanical enemies... *shrug* What an interesting idea for a thread--it'll be fun to see what everyone comes up with!

FF

3. Qui-Ran-Demera

May 29, 2006
    Thank you very much, I am happy that you like my idea of an anmimated Obi Wan and the Idea of this thread :) I soon will come up with my version of Mace Windu.

4. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    OOO! Yes, I like yours much better. Looks a lot less... "squarish" if you take my meaning. :p I agree with Deb -- he looks a lot more dignified. :)

5. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    This is actually a very good idea. I could see this becoming a weekly activity to try and "improve" upon artwork or interpretations already out there. I know there's plenty of official artist renditions out there that I don't like at all.

6. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    That is a REALLY nifty idea... (And a great Obi-Wan, by the way!) What about combining this some how with the Fan Art Monthly Challenge which unfortunately seems to be dwindling again? Or on it's own is good too. I just think it's a good notion for an ongoing thread!

7. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I was thinking about something along those lines especially with what you pointed out with the Fan Art Challenge. Maybe try this out as a replacement for a few months or work with it as a different entity altogether. As always, I'm open to what you guys think. :)

8. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That would be a cool idea. Of course, you know that if I had drawn Luke, it would just be he would have on a whole lot less clothing. ;)

AG88

9. Qui-Ran-Demera

May 29, 2006
    I am really touched that you like my idea so well :) Thank you for that! And I promise that tomorrow you will at least see my Version of Mace Windu... maybe also Qui-Gon Jinn... although he is not in Clone Wars... AH! I had a stroke of Genius :) I will draw him as a ghost!

Thats it *gg*

10. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    I like your impression, Qui-Ran-Demera! :D

A while ago I drew Obi Wan and Anakin in a "clone wars" or "cartoon" style... very simplistic shapes:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v92/dashleebo/ObiwanandAni2.jpg]

The reference pictures I used were: Obi and Ani

I first drew it on paper, scanned it, then spent an excessive amount of time cleaning up/re-painting the lines in photoshop.

I had never previously done anything like it. I usually do realistic portraits. It's fun! Good idea for a thread!

11. Qui-Ran-Demera

May 29, 2006
    That also is a great look :) And better than the original (Sorry George ^^)

Now, as I have promised: My Version of Mace Windu.

First: Not mine:

[image=http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/814/macenotmineclone3ru.jpg]

and mine:

[image=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/336/macewinduclone15mu.jpg]

And finally: Qui-Gon as Spirit:

[image=http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7474/quigonasghost10ki.jpg]

12. spacecraft

spacecraft Jedi Youngling

Mar 21, 2006
    Oooh! I absolutely love the Qui-Gon spirit one! <3 Very beautiful, and I love the style! :) Can't wait to see more!

13. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    LOVE spirit Qui-Gon. Clone Wars Qui makes me ill. He had so much potential, but all they drew was NOSE! I mean, really.

[face_blush] Sorry. I'll end my rant now. Loving this thread, though.

14. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    and the voice was awful.
    did he actually study liam neesons accent???
    oops,sorry...
    off topic.

15. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful work on Obi and Ani dashleebo! I just love the style of them--very nice, and well colored, too! Great job!

And just loving the Mace Windu and Qui Gon-as-ghost pieces, too, Qui-Ran! The "spirit" shot of Qui Gon is especially lovely, with very distinctive lighting and a totally believable "aura!" Wonderful work! This is going to prove to be an interesting thread, I can tell!

FF

16. dashleebo

dashleebo Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 18, 2003
    Thanks, Falcon! :)

I like both Qui-Ran-Demera, especially Qui-Gon as Spirit. :) Your facial features look a bit more realistic compared to mine. You can instantly tell who they are which is good.

17. Basement24

Basement24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2005
    Nicely done! I especially like your Qui-Gon spirit. Definitely something that should have been seen at some point, or at least the disembodied voice.

18. LordNeo

LordNeo Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2004
    I like the Qui-Gon Spirt one

are you doiing this because you dont like the CW cartoon style?

19. Qui-Ran-Demera

May 29, 2006
    Well... this is one reason, yes. I dont like this Manga Style used on StarWars.

Furthermore I am an artist myself. I see things different and I am of the opinion that especially Jedistuff needs a certain percentage of honor. :) Thank you all for your compliments. There soon will be more to look at.

20. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    ...Clone Wars wasn't drawn Manga Style, it was drawn Samurai Jack style.

21. Qui-Ran-Demera

May 29, 2006
    Well whatever... I did not like it ^^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.