main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA If I never hear that song again it will be too soon!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Varekei, Oct 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Varekei

Varekei Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 5, 2005
    So, you know how your favorite radio station decides the most obnoxious song in the world has to be played at least every two hours, if not more frequently?

Me, I change the station whenever KROQ plays 'When I ruled the World.'

2. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    While I don't listen to radio, the songs for this would be:
    "The Way You Love Me" - Faith Hill
    "Follow Me" - Uncle Kracker
    "Stand By Me"

3. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Bleeding Love. So far the only place I haven't heard it, is as elevator music.

4. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    So I'm thinking, "What song is Bleeding Love?" And, CBM, you will be proud to know I looked it up...several places...until I found a website that would play a sample for me (that wasn't blocked.)

Oh, that song.

KROQ & Indy 103 don't play it, thank the Force.

5. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    hehe, Bleeding Love isn't that bad, it's kind of catchy. I wouldn't want to hear it much, though...

I Kissed A Girl makes my list -- it's just such obvious exploitation. Oh I'm a cute girl, I'll sing a song about kissing a girl, then everyone will listen to it because it's so "outrageous" (not really). Lame.

6. Sol_Jedi

Sol_Jedi LA Chapter Rep star 4

Oct 8, 2005
    Bowen, I second your opinion on "I kissed a girl". I hate that song with a passion, believe it or not.

7. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Chocolate Rain, except when it's sung by Chad Vader

8. Varekei

Dec 5, 2005
    I kind of liked 'I kissed a girl'...the first 100-200 times I heard it. Good call Bowen!

9. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    Yeah at first it wasn't bad... I guess. I still thought, "This is just a hot girl trying to be 'cute' and get attention," though. The song is extremely overplayed by this point.

Another thing that annoys me badly is now I associate it with the music video, which I have really strong opinions about. I think most mainstream videos are terrible, and yes, I think I could do better, haha, and have done better. So one part of it for me is it just makes me angry now, hearing the song, thinking about whatever hack did that video, etc. It's so boring, it's just another lame video apparently set in a club or something, at the start she's on a bed, petting a dog, there isn't even a girl kissing in it! You'd think if they were going that route, aka boring bunch of random shots, we'd at least get her kissing a girl. I have two things I would have suggested: 1) She is on a plane, video starts 10 seconds before the music kicks in. She is reading a magazine, looking around nervously at the passengers. We see closeups: elderly couple, young couple with a baby, business passengers, etc. Then she gets up in the aisle and starts singing, looking at people, as everyone is shocked. She's confessing to this random crowd of strangers, because she feels guilty and thinks everyone is looking at her or somehow knows. Now that adds a whole different meaning to the song and makes it a lot funnier as far as the video, it's original and would really make you remember that video. Or, 2) She's confessing to a priest in a church and it has a naughty Catholic school-girl vibe. Lots of potential with that one, visually, and it's still funny. Either way would at least make you think, "Wow, cool video, that was unexpected." But instead it was exactly the norm -- nothing creative, AT ALL, in the entire video, just random shots that add up to nothing. Another hack of a director given a chance to direct something big. *yawn*

10. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  11. Jundland_Jay

Jundland_Jay Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 18, 2003
    Miana,
    That was the most clever thing Ive seen in a long time! Thanks so much!
    JJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.