main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If I post my fic both here and on my own blog, can I crosslink it?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by cthugha, Mar 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    ...in case the thread title didn't come across as clearly as intended:

I want to write a blog-like fic chronicling a team's effort to hike across Coruscant's equator, on foot. It's supposed to be pretty image-heavy and I want to present it in a way that it could actually be an in-universe blog, so in addition to posting it here in the appropriate fanfic forum (The Saga) I'm planning to make an external website covering the same content, only more "stylishly" than it's possible in a forum.

So my question is: if I do that, am I allowed to start each entry with a link to the website version of the entry following it, or would that constitute a violation of the promotion rules? I'd still post the entire text here, because I'd want the discussion to take place here while also offering readers an alternate "in-universe" version of the same content.

...phu, I hope that wasn't as confused and stupid as I feel now[face_blush] ...

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    That sounds like a really neat idea. You'd definitely need the full body of text here, because we don't allow 'nothing but link' style posts. But I don't see a problem with linking to the full blog-style image version in each post.

Have fun with the writing! It definitely sounds like fun.

3. cthugha

cthugha Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 24, 2010
    That's great, thanks for the reassurance! I'll definitely post the full text here, plus as many pictures as I can.
    Thanks again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.