main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If I wanted to get involved with TCG...

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: TCG' started by TheManBehindTheMask, Apr 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheManBehindTheMask

TheManBehindTheMask Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2003
    I do not own once card.

I do not know one rule.

But I want to.

Can anybody give me help on how to start?

2. Bacabachaui

Bacabachaui Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Pick up either a 2 player starter pack (if you can still find them at places like Wal Mart or Toy Stores, etc) or a starter deck at a game hobby shop. You could also try getting them on Ebay.

Although not the best representation of the game, these starter products will give you a flavor for it. You will really get the full scope of it when you start getting booster packs (which are ways to buy more cards to make your deck customized).

Another route you could go would be to go to the WotC website and download and print the rules there, then just buy a bunch of booster packs and make your own deck from scratch. The rules tell you how. Pick up some dice and markers as well (the markers can also be dice).

Many websites including ebay sell the starter packs and booster packs. You can also get more general info about the game here

3. SithDooku

SithDooku Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2002
    What Baca said... :)

4. Itchy_c

Itchy_c Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    This is what you do. If you have no cards, go out and buy starters of A New Hope. The reason for this is the commons in that set are very powerful. Some like the X-wing formation should be rare with things like crit 3. Next buy Boosters of Battle of Yavin because you will get more cards for stacking like more Vaders and things like that.
    My personal favorite set is Sith Rising. It has Mace Windu and Darth Maul, and it is only a 90 card set so you have a good chance of pulling the rares you need.

5. RedneckJedi

RedneckJedi Historian, JediOKC Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 20, 2002
    Agreed on all points mentioned above about buying a starter set. AotC starters are $4.99 at Toys R Us, and possibly cheaper elsewhere, if they still have them.

If you decide you like the game and plan to play against others, I highly recommend picking up boxes of AotC and Sith Rising either from eBay or www.potomacdist.com (minimum $100 order). Either of these sets should cost less than $35 per box from a reasonable seller.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.