main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga If I was a rebel commander in A New Hope

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by alpha_particles1981, Mar 15, 2017.

1. alpha_particles1981

alpha_particles1981 Jedi Youngling

Jan 9, 2017
    If I was the rebel commander in charge of destroying either one of the Death Stars, I would not have wasted my time with all the complicated non-sense that came after disabling it's shields. I would have simply struck it with nuclear annihilation.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I don't think that was an option. Either they don't have nukes, or else they have commonly available means to protect themselves from nukes. Let's call it a "nuclear damping field."

3. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    If you believe Saxton, proton torpedoes are nukes - much better ones, that concentrate most of their blast into the target, instead of wasting energy sending it in all directions.

4. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012

Interesting concept of a shaped nuclear charge. Not that we are operating on the same laws of physics here, but the challenge of making that work is enormous due to the sheer power of a nuclear blast.

Sarge likes this.
  5. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Nukes are probably considered primitive in SW - given that wicked ass explanation of a proton torpedo, I'd imagine it hardly makes a scratch on the Death Star even if they sent as many fighters as they could against it

6. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    I would just build a Death Car and have it smuggled into the Death Star's hangar and then BOOM! The Death Car will speed around crashing into everyone and everything with a giant laser on the hood. Then it will self destruct and blow up the Death Star.