main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If I was the next elected leader of the New Republic, I would...

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tanjokabri, Jan 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    Complete the sentence!

Assuming that the Republic survived after the loss of Coruscant, and you were elected the leader, what would you do?

2. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Hire all the chiss, oswaft, Hoojibs, ans Sharu I could find and start a desperate counterstrike against the vong. Then I'd torture each one into revealing their secrets.

3. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    rediscover the sorcery of tund and start some kind of sith order

4. Jag_Fel

Jag_Fel Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    Hire Timothy Zhan to write us out of this mess.

5. sith1137

sith1137 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2001
    illl go with Jag_Fel. anywhoo........i would capture a bunch of jedi who suck and arent too important, brainwash them into making me the biggest cheese burger in the galaxy, then turn them to the dark side, make them stronger and sickem on the Vong........................IM HUNGARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. JediProphet

JediProphet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 1, 2002
    I'd really support the Jedi, by giving them all the ships and resources they needed. Also, I'd get Admiral Ackbar out of retirement and find a way to clone Grand Admiral Thrawn. With Ackbar and Thrawn, the Vong would never wished they came to our galaxy.

7. LanceJade

LanceJade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    realize that the New Republic no longer exists. The government formerly known as the Republic has fallen, and that I am now just the leader of a group of rebels, fighting against an evil alien assault.

The next thing I would do after becoming a leader, is call Admiral Pellaeon and Luke Skywalker and ask for help. My forces obvious aren't able to do it on their own so maybe, with proper negotiations, their's could.

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Keep Zahn and the Chiss away :)

Seriously, give the military and Jedi more powers

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Do whatever Luke Skywalker told me to do.

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Have the Jedi play a role in determining who would be part of the new Senate. If the individual is like Leia, Mon Mothma, Elegos A'kla, etc., the individual is welcome. If the individual is like Borsk and Viqi Shesh, kick them back to their homeworlds and tell the citizens to choose someone else.

Next, severly punish those who were against the Jedi and/or collaborated with the Yuuzhan Vong. Duro, Ando, and Eriadu would be the first ones.

11. Vong_Killer

Vong_Killer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    So many choices. First i'd announce to the populous that ANAKIN SOLO IS DEAD AND WILL NOT BE COMING BACK, THANK YOU VERY MUCH! Then I'd give all power to Kyp Durron, because he's the only one with the courage to do what needs to be done.

12. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    It's too late now...but if it was at the beginning of the Vong invasion, I'd tell everyone to shut up, turn power over to the military until the threat was gone, and then try to bring the military back under control.

13. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    ...restructure the government into a more efficient model with checks and balances, more than one branch of legislature, and an executive branch completely seperate from the Senate with multiple elected offices within the executive branch. Divide the galaxy in population-based sectors, each with an elected governing council. They deal with the 'small stuff' so that the Senate and central government doesn't get bogged down. From that district council you select a representative for the central legislature. But you probably shouldn't be restructuring the government when you're under seige by Yuuzhan Vong, so I'd declare martial law until things settled down. Then set up an 'emergency committee' to stamp out a new 'constitution'.

...bring back droid starfighters. They are cheap and easy to mass produce. They would demoralize the Yuuzhan Vong, with their hatred of machines being attacked by a fleet of droids would shake them, especially when they started taking losses. You don't have to worry about losing the pilot or taking care of the pilot... no need for life support and like Tie Fighters, you can use little or no shielding. They aren't meant to be invulnerable but to swarm in and defeat by superior numbers. You can devote more power to weapons. They are smaller than piloted starfighters and could coordinate attacks on a level you could only otherwise get with mindlinked Jedi.

Once you have your fleet of small, fast, inexpensive mass produced droid starfighters, you make a bomber version. Instead of bombs, it is a modular unit that drops Yuuzhan Vong Hunter droids on planets, world ships and the like. The Vong hatred of machines will blind them somewhat in battle, if the major component of the fleets are droid starfighters and YVH-bombers.

Instead of large control ship that is an easy target, you have smaller blastboats that can coordinate the droid starfighters. If one control blastboat gets destroyed or compromised, the droid starfighters switch over to another ship for commands. But they should be able to operate independently, the control ships should only be for creating or changing special tactics on the fly. The carrier that deploys the droid starfighters is used only for that purpose, and not for control. Basically the bottom drops out and all the droid starfighters swarm out at once. That makes the large carrier ship a less important target. The droids are already released and destroying the big ship won't stop the small droid fighters. It releases the droids almost instantly and then holds up the rear with cannons and point defense weapons.

Finally, you develop a superior interdictor that works on the dovin basal propulsion system.

Instead of trying to take back 'important' (no longer all that important, after the Vong get them) planets and systems, you do what they are doing... cut off the space lanes. Set up several attack vectors that cut directly across Yuuzhan Vong space and cut their conquered territory into pieces. Set up the new interdictors so that they can't resupply or move their fleets from one divided section to another. Then you squeeze each section from both sides.

...not only support the Jedi, but make sure that there was a Jedi spokesperson available that Senators and government officials could address, question and coordinate with. I would almost have to insist that if Skywalker is going to have a hundred Jedi charging through the galaxy he set up some kind of guiding or governing body like the old Jedi Council.

14. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I actually kind of wish you were the next Chief of state man.:)

15. Wes

Wes Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2000
    I would see if I could get the Imperial, Chiss and C.S.A forces to join the New Republic. I would use the New Republic forces and the CHiss to try and hold the Vong from cutting deeper into the Core. I would rope in the remaining systems in the NR and take total control. No senate would be needed. The NR would be run by me, the Military and the Jedi. No planet would be granted extra space forces unless they lie directly in the VOngs path.

I would then have the C.S.A, Imperials and the Mon Calamari fleets attack the flanks and search out world ships. I would get them to destroy every single worldship they can find. They show on regard for my civilians I will show even less for theirs. The Vong fleet would have to stop pushing into the core to protect the worldships.

16. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    Sinje_Gawa for Chief of State!

17. Jace_Halycron

Jace_Halycron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2001
    Build a mini-fleet of Eclipse Star Destroyers, get Admiral Ackbar, General Bel Iblis, General Antilles, Clone of Grand Admiral Thrawn, Admiral Pellaeon, and Booster Terrik ( Now an Admiral ;) ) to captain them, build thousands of TIE Defenders, and leave them to Kyp Durron's discretion, who is now my second in command. ;)

18. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    I would probably do something a little more realistic at this time, like run the **** away.

After that, I would see if I could find a way past the galactic boarder and destroy all of their mostly undefended ships, including(probably) Supreme Overlord Shimmra.

Once the world ships were destroyed, I would create small tasks force to penetrate vong-held space and knock out as many warriors and ships as possible.

While all this is going on, I would be pleading with the Empire and the Chiss to bring their forces and vast quantity of resourses into the fight. If they agreed, I would send the remaining NR troops to the front line and their troops around to try and flank the vong. Also, I would beg for Luke and the rest of the jedis help in the war effort. When he was convinced that I was sinsear(sp.?), I would take one of the up and coming students and turn him to the dark side, use him to kill Luke and turn other jedi then set them loose on the vong and run away before I get splattered with blood.

19. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Disband the broken New Republic and reinstate a military dictatorship, the Alliance to Repel the Vong.

Mara Jade Skywalker will be terminated so that her corruptive influence over Jedi Master Skywalker is nullified and he can again act as a Jedi.

Appoint Admiral Kre'fey as Commander-in-Chief of this Alliance. Advising him would be...Kyle Katarn in charge of all special operations. Kam Solusar as Commander of the Jedi while Luke recuperates from his brainwashing.

Wraith Squadron will be put in charge of breaking the back of the Peace Brigade. Press the Defel into service in this capacity. All Vong collaborators will be destroyed.

Petition all those who have been ignored and should have already been called on - including both the Mandalorian Supercommandos as well as the Nagai for aid, as both have been sympathetic to the Alliance in the past and are arguably the best fighters not only in their galaxy, but also the next. Not only that, but both have extensive experience in carrying out as well as repelling extragalactic invasions.

Amnesty.
    Amnesty to Adalric Brandl as long as he focuses and restrains his power to the destruction of the Vong. Same deal for people such as Danaan Kerr. Give them a one-way ticket to Vong worlds and set them off.

Amnesty to former Imperials such as Captain Reder, General Lott, Captain Gendarr as long as they bring into service their ships and resources such as the slave-rigging tactics, etc.

Amnesty to all Bounty Hunters who join the Alliance in repelling the Vong.
    That would be a start.

20. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Hire Mike Stackpole to start producing more Corran/Jag-esque characters to single handedly take out the Vong

21. FatesAngelJessi

FatesAngelJessi Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2002
    ...Start cutting the Vong empire into pieces. Go along with the droid fighter idea.

Ask everyone here who has given a *good* and *logical* idea to help support me and put all their ideas together.

Make the *Senate* temporarily disbanded. They talk too much.

Ask for Chiss and Imp support. Its thier universe too.

Not kill any Jedi. Band them all together. Support an old styled Jedi Council.

Keep the training and teaching of Jedi in affect. If nessecary move the Acadamy. Better idea.

Create a death star size base for Jedi. Double the seach for Force-senistive individuals.

Start training people to fight. Get smugglers, bounty hunters, and hired assasins to work with the NR.

Hows that for now?

22. Entil`Zha

Entil`Zha Jedi Master star 4

Jul 9, 1999
    ... rule with an iron fist.

Fall back to a safer place, take a look at what we have left to fight, organize a good offensive, a main front and several units to execute lightning strikes on few designated Vong targets to soften their routes.

23. _JM_

_JM_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2001
    ...abdicate! Or better yet officially dissoove the New Republic and devolve all powers to the sector governments.

The system is a cess pool of fetid corruption, Home Rule! Home Rule! Home Rule for whatever group of planets I am senator for!

And then start signing mutual defence treaties with neighbors who would care if your people were wiped out by the Vong (even if only because it would mean they would be next) rather than being willing to traige you.

Though the plans mentioned here sound good as well. Depends on which system you represent if you would rather be protected by the New Republic or if you would rather use all the ships constructed by your shipyards and factories to look after yourself.

24. _Mitthrawnuruodo_

_Mitthrawnuruodo_ Jedi Youngling

Nov 11, 2001
    1st: Ask Luke Skywalker to grow a pair & kick some Vong backside.

2nd: Have Kyp Durron executed for being severely annoying.

3rd: Call Pellaeon & beg to have my butt pulled out of the fire!

25. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    _JM_, I'm a bit surprised by your advocacy of home rule and home system defense, given that if the NJO has shown us anything it is: "Live together, or die apart." Mutual defense treaties can only go so far.

However, you are only doing what so many races and worlds are shown to do at the end of Star By Star - looking after your own because the Republic under previous leadership has failed you. You have shown me it is clear that as the new leader, one would have to regain the support of the member worlds.

The best way to do this is to show the member worlds that the alternative to working together is unthinkable. I would share all intelligence on the Vong with the Jedi, who clearly seem to have gathered their own data, in exchange for what they have learned. Then I would have NRI and the best xenopsychologists in the field compile a model of the Yuuzhan Vong mindset and circulate this to both member and non-member worlds.

Technically, we should know everything about what makes the Vong tick. Why? We have people that understand their language. Language dictates how people think. The sooner that everyone understands that the Vong will not stop until they control the entire galaxy, that the word 'peace' as we understand it is not in their langauge, that there is no bargaining or appeasing them, the sooner there will be cooperation among the people of the GFFA and we can stop wasting resources on nonsense like the Peace Brigade. Once everyone understands the enemy, it should become clear that pooling resources is the solution.

I would then consider using any group or world that would not cooperate to our advantage anyway. Play dumb with the Vong, act like I am trying to buy time for our worlds by letting them know which worlds are standing on their own and should therefore be vulnerable. Make those worlds seem really tempting. Use the worlds that won't cooperate as bait for a trap. Make them a Trojan Horse. Then when the Vong invade those worlds, use a mobile fleet to jump in on all sides and cut them down. When that world sees that the New Republic has defended them where their individual defenses would have failed and what the Vong could have done to them, they should change their tune. Doing this even once should make everyone reconsider their allegiances.

I believe the droid fleets would be effective and so I would put a lot of resources toward that, but I would also want to merge New Republic scientific research agencies with New Republic Intelligence and increase their spending. Find me ways to create biological weapons that will kill Yuuzhan Vong technology and then infiltrate enemy territory and deploy them. Capture as many samples as you can. Create viruses that make dovin basals lose control of their ability to control their gravity wells, sucking in everything around them. Craft a disease that makes yammosks mentally unstable. Capture the Vong themselves and discover what allows them to graft foreign biological matter to their bodies. Create a virus that blocks that ability and watch their limbs fall off. Create a microscopic organism that eats yorrik coral.

So we've got:
    1) Declare martial law. Any group or citizen from the New Republic that has not been cooperating, has been trying to appease the enemy or otherwise work against the majority is tried for treason.
    2) Create a psychological profile of the Vong and offer it to everyone. Let them understand how the Vong think so no one has any illusions of not being invaded or making peace.
    3) Assess the resources of member worlds and allies for allocation. This includes the Jedi. Insist that Skywalker set up a Council or other form of control over his Jedi as the price for my total cooperation with him. Request an experienced Jedi available to the government/military as a liason.
    4) Concentrate a major portion of defense spending on deploying massive droid fleets. Probably use Antilles and Calrissian, whose people designed the YVH droids, to oversee these operations.
    5) Concentrate another significant portion of res

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.