main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

If i was the PM i would

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by jedi_master_booth, Oct 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    if you were the PM of the uk what would you do

2. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Order a giant robots to be implemented by the MoD. Issue public safety warnings on what to do in case of zombie apocolspe, giant radioactive monster attack, alien invasion and defending yourself against wild deers.

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    RB - dont forget to implement an order for Marmite for the masses though! :eek:

4. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Marmite is a personal choice that one will be free to make, other choices will be outlawed. Tuna espically.

5. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Yes - Tuna will be banned under the New Republic of Bob!

Heres your alternative citizens! Remember - Soya can replace most of your evil habits! [face_dancing]

http://www.tempeh.info/recipes/recipes.php?recipe=4

6. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    You try to make a good post and get some kind of chat going and all you do is spoil it - why do i bother

7. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    ...because we love you! Thats why! [face_love]

You are lucky TK didnt jump on this one! :eek:

I am sure that budding politicians will contribute...eventually...

C'mon then all ye budding politicians! :-B

8. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Everyone currently awaiting asylum gets shipped to france.

Max security prisons become prison farms. Inmates work for their money.

Spongers, exspunged (pun intended). Better pensions and benifits to those who need em, however no benifits to non working families of more than 2. After that you pay for em yourself.

Top level polititions take a pay cut and cut down on the dead wood in the government.

Pull out of Iraq, they got no weapons to hurt us now so let em kill em selves the ungratefull swine.

Cut down on clames culture and stupid court cases. (like takin someone to court for the sake of 10p when the person offered to pay the extra when she realised her mistake)

I could go on all day.

9. Demonic_Vorlon

Demonic_Vorlon Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    Right on Big-O.

10. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    If i posted things i wanted to say i would end up been band from this sight - so i better stay quiet .

but i would bring back the free milk for junior schools

11. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    Yeah - Thatcher - the milk stealer!!!!! [face_devil] (along with stealing our industry and turning us into a nation of servants serving servants....)

12. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Back to the good old days as serfs then!

Get on with it slave, there is no such thing as a break time for you :p

13. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    First thing would be to look at taxation.

From the way I see it most people (who earn) need 10k+ to get by and those that don't earn that much get money back through benefits from the tax they've already paid into the system.

I'd look at a system where you don't pay any income tax until you are on 10k+ per year and if you earn over that then you only pay tax on the money over 10K that you earn

e.g earn 18k you only pay tax on 8k of it.

This way those who are costing money through beurocracy as a result of getting benefits (When they could easily remove it) would no longer cost us money as the beurocracy would not be there. I would still look to keep benefits in place for those who earn less than 10k (Full time jobs on this one part time would have to be looked at differently)

This is an idle thought and needs a lot more thinking through for it to be workable but in theory I think it makes sense.

Another one is benefits for the unemployed/unemployable. No offense to anyone who doesn't work and draws benefits but this area needs to be looked into with great care. I have no idea what the answer is here but there must be a way to create a system where getting a job provides more money than being unemployed.

To often have I read about scumbag family in town X bringing in £50k per annum in benefits, having a massive house bought for them as little 14yr old chavette as got pregnant by scroaty chav (17) down the road who's now done a bunk and the parental chav (usually some Waynetta Slob lookalike) saying ain't it marvellous I always wanted to be a grandma (at 30).

It disgusts me

I have no issues with people who are unemployed and are actively looking for work and live within their means as a result or don't need to look for work as they have means to provide for themselves but spongers need a kick up the arse and should be given enough to survive. If it means 3 to a bedroom then tough (Some Orienatals manage it and some do it through choice)

The pensions system needs work as well. I know I work so my taxes pay for the current load of pensioners and I know that when I become a pensioner (at the age of 90 odd :rolleyes: ) that my grandchildren will be paying for the 3p I get state pension but as far as I'm concerned even if I have my own pension and own my own home I should not have to be forced to sell my property and live off my savings because the government has squandered all the pensions cash doing something stupid.

Pension money should be exempted from being used on anything but pensions as should money earmarked for the NHS. When I'm old I want to be able to enjoy my retirement by going on holidays I've saved for and still enjoy the same sort of quality of life I had when I was earning.

NHS. stop unnecessary operations. e.g. I'm upset cos my boobs are too small. Yes we hand out free boob jobs if people are depressed over small boobies. WHY? it's not exactly life threatening is it?????

Inheritance tax should be outlawed, I've worked hard and when I pass on I want my kids to benefit from my existance.

Equal rights for gay couples. Self explanatory as this is blatant discrimination (Which I believe is illegal?)

Place less emphasis on religion (or well end up teaching creationism next [face_worried] ) and religion should have no part in our government our political leaders should follow their own moral code.

Reduce the impact Europe has on us.

Look at our education system to improve it. Create standard pass marks i.e over 90% to get an A as opposed to looking at how the grade average came in and then set an arbitrary figure for an A, I believe if you got 80%+ this year you got an A (Which is impressive) 70-80 a B and 50-70 a C now I'm sorry but only getting half you questions right does not make you a C grade student in my eyes.

I'm sure I can think of more but as I've not had a drink I think I'll struggle to do so.

14. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Exactly FatBurt, do you notice that we came up with much the same ideas? Its common sence. Why can't the governement think of it?

A few more points to add to my list:

Give Police more power, every one armed with a stun gun/taser thingy. Better than fire arms yet do the job. Bobbies on the beat and rewards for assisting, penalties for opposing them.

NHS - 2 types of treatment. first is free treatment for essential operations only, second is non essential treatment that you can only have access to on a american style insurance or loan basis. Essential care gets top priority and non essential secondary. All non essential care will not be available for the first year to try and cut down on waiting list patients.

Europe told where to go, No European court of human rights, we set our own policy, if our courts say no then that is the final word. No crying to europe courts for an appeal. I'm British, not European.

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm debating getting into local politics next year in Rochdale so I'm having to read up on various things about it at the moment.

16. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    hey master fatbrut thanks now thats the kind of posting the threads need on here -
    ive been in local politics for just over 11 years - starting as a town councillor ending up as the local lord govering a parish and working with all area's even the MP

The only advice i would give you is read all the council papers and dont trust anyone -
    if you serve the people they will thank you for it - some councillors belive they are in charge just because they know how thing's run - and they have been there ages BULL ****
    they know nothing apart from council rules .

if you ever have problems ask your town clerk not a councillor -

if you want to get started in local politics - go along to a parish meeting a sit and whatch what happens - if they have sub committee's like enviormental or lesure get a seat on it as a member of the public - it helps to get a foot in the door .

other than that if you need help or advice just ask me and ill help in anyway i can

17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Cheers for that Dave.

As you can see I'm back (to a degree) quality and more frequent posting has now resumed (If I have to scarper for a potential extended period again I shall start a thread and let you know).

18. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    dont need to start a thread on it just send me a PM and lets see if we can put our head 2gether

19. Susan_Delgado

Susan_Delgado Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    if i was pm id get rid of the royal family....
    the way of the jedi would be taught in schools...
    and the national flag would be black as would the colour
    religion would be abolished you could practice what you want just dont push it on anyone....

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I wouldn't get rid of the Royal family. I'm not their greatest fan but for tourism they are a huge boon. I would however reduce the amount of public spending that heads in their direction. They have a vast fortune of their own so let them spend some of their own dough. If they are off somewhere in an official capacity for the UK then yes taxpayers should pay for security etc... as they are working for the government but if they are off on Holiday they they can pay for their own branch of group 4 to protect them.

Black Flag??? er not for me I quite like the Union Flag as it's a combination of England, Scotland and Ireland. I'd look to incorporate a little dragon in the corner for the Welsh though to give a truely United Kingdom flag. Each Country in the UK should be encouraged to fly their own flag as well.

I wouldn't abolish religion. As much as I dislike it I'd still allow it to go on but there should be less emphasis on it as the be all and end all. You don't need to be religious to be a moral and honest person, you just need a good upbringing.

21. Susan_Delgado

Susan_Delgado Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 10, 2005
    i am not english i do not acknowledge teh queen never will why should my taxes pay for her while htier are starving kids and poor animas rspca aint government funded how can she sleep at night....
    the name does not make the man

22. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Well suez

I think you have more chances become a peer than PM

I wouldnt get rid of the royal family they bring a lot of money into england and the uk . did you know HM The Queen has only had 2 days off work in 60 years and plus its far cheaper to have a king or queen than some idot like goerge bush .

as for tha hangers on in the royal family yes i would get rid of them .
    the flag err sticky subject there but i get where your coming from as politcal groups like the bnp have discrased the union jack yes it is maybe time for a new one ????

teaching jedi in schools well sounds good

yes i think your on to something but out of all of us on here i bet master fatbrut would make a better PM than me

I wounder who he would have in this team

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

The flag will always be a sticky subject as Nationalists will not be happy with a joint flag and I agree that the BNP has corrupted the Union Flag.

This is why I suggest including a little Dragon on the Union Flag (to fill the bottom right quarter) to be inclusive of Wales (as we're not at the moment).

I also think the British National anthem should be changed. I feel Rule Britannia is a far better and rousing song than God save the King/Queen. And our national football teams should go out to their countries anthem (Englands should be Land of Hope and Glory).

24. Lord_Ogli

Oct 5, 2001
    Why change the Flag? It is part of our national identity, Who cares if the BNP use it, ppl should just ignore them then maybe they;ll go away, besides, U change the flag and they'll only change with it.

I'd stop Political correctness and the double standards it creats - ppl from other religions, like the muslims (could be wrong but i think its them) who get to incorporate their religious clothing into their school uniform will not be aloud. everyone should be the same in schools, why should Christianity be pushed almoast completely out of school life yet that be aloud.

Also, Scrap the bill that says that all companys should give disabled ppl jobs in the name of equal oppertunities, to me its the same as employing multinationals to seem like you promote equal oppertunities, Jobs should be based on ability and merit not on providing a false front.

25. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    but if you were Pm would would have to get the commons on your side to change the flag tho

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.