main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Abq If I Won The Lotto What Would I/We Do With It !!!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mrs-Gecko-Fett, Aug 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrs-Gecko-Fett

Mrs-Gecko-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    SCREEM LIKE HELL FIRST!!!!! [face_dancing]
    I know, because I have been hoping for this day to come since I was a little girl. [face_money_eyes]

Build a LOG CABIN HOUSE up in the Mountains of possibly Colorado!!! Stock up on food and hang there for a year.

Then build another in Munchen Germany, where we would use as our main home. Travel the world from there. [face_cow] [face_cowboy]

But, before we do, I would give a hand out to Family & Friends first...As we all know our GAS is only going to go up HIGHER!!! (I'm just not a selfish person nether is Jess)This keeps up we will all be WALKING to work! :_|
    http://toccionline.kizash.com/films/1001/178/index.php

And help my little animal friends in the Human Society! :(

2. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    that's funny - some people at work were discussing this earlier.

Pay off bills. Pay off parent's and in-laws bills. Get the hell out of of Dodge. Have a huge party (we didn't have a big wedding reception, like i wanted....my fault though). Do some good with it too. (i don't want Yvonne sounding like the only humanitarian here)

3. Mrs-Gecko-Fett

Mrs-Gecko-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2004
    What Everrrrrrrrrrrrr [face_talk_hand] [face_laugh]

4. Lord_Melkor

Lord_Melkor Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2005
    first would be to cash in my prize, collect my money, then go to work and pick up my lord of the rings collection drinking a beer as i walk in and saying take this job and you know what...then, split for alaska for a alaskan hunting safari, followed by africa, asia and the rest of the world...spend the rest of my days hunting, fishing and traveling w/my family...oh, did i mention i would go hunting?

5. EvilPrincess

EvilPrincess Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2005
    thanks for reminding me! walk in and tell my boss what a pompous, hypocritical a** he is. how could i forget that important part?

6. Andromeda13

Andromeda13 Jedi Youngling star 4

May 31, 2005
    First, I would throw a HUGE party for all my friends and family.
    Next, I would take a much needed vacation.
    I would buy my dream home, buy a new car (hybrid, of course), and invest the rest.
    Lastly, I would donate part of the interest to charity.

7. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    pay off all my bills, my parents bills, give my house to my best friend and never be seen or heard from again - since I will be traveling around the world after buying a cottage in Scotland...

8. Commander_Clem

Commander_Clem Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    Alpha, Mike, Foxtrot.......

9. obi-chris-kenobi

obi-chris-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    Damn, I feel like a jerk. The first thing i'd do is buy a sports car run the crap out of it. And when I say sports car I mean sleek Italian made ones.

Then after my license is taken from me, i would pay off all my familys bills, make sure they all have a nice house to live in, take a treasure bath.

10. hairlesswookie

hairlesswookie Jedi Master star 3

Oct 23, 2001
    I'd take all you guys out to eat at Sizzler!!!

11. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    I'd hire Van Halen to play at my birthday party. Ofcourse, you all would be invited.

I'd make a bid to buy Steven Sansweets SW collection.

12. Bloodclaw65

Bloodclaw65 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 3, 2004
    Take the cash pay out you will lose 40%. If you keep Annuity payment for 20 years if you die they keep the pool of money there is no Beneficiary you can't leave it to no one.

1)Don't pay off bills they will need show loss for taxes and they will be taxed.
    2)Then the people you give money to you can give it at a one time gift tax free.
    3)Invest in a couple Guaranty fund,Variable Annuity or Index Annuity that give you a 10% to 12% interest If the market goes up or down the money you have is Guaranted not to lose Principal.and you are guaranty interest rate.use differant companys don't your eggs in one basket.
    4)You have the people you give money to take out 5% to 8% out a year pay themself over a 12 month time like a pay check that money will be taxed.
    5)Buy a couple of houses with a interest only mortgage that is 100% tax deductable.don't pay off houses
    6)Start a business so you have deductions and show loss.
    7)Create a living trust so if there is a death you can leave it to Beneficiaries family children etc.
    8)Buy alot of Insurance so you can cover and pay the death taxes.
    9)Give a % to chairaties it is tax deductable, grants for school, churchs etc. it is the right thing to do and it is deductalble
    10)Then relax travel,go on a cruise take it easy buy Star Wars toys. you will not be like the rest of the 96% lotto winners that are broke in 5 years.[face_thinking]

13. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Geez...that's no fun.

Except #10. :)

But good advice, nonetheless (dons CPA hat) :-B

14. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Hey Joe, remind me to make you my financial advisor when I win the lottery!

15. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    I was thinking that too.

16. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    same here... weird but I would hire him on as a full time personal accountant/advisor so he could concentrate on all my mulla. but then I can't disappear from the world but contact with at least one person would be fine I guess. I wanna be a reclusive, eccentric old lady in my cabin on the loch ness (I have a pic of the house i want to buy actually) with 100 cats and a pet cow...

17. karenec1

karenec1 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2005
    Just one cow?

18. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    well, if i had more then one it would get really, really messy in the house.

19. bobasparxx

bobasparxx Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Just dont feed that cow to the gator like Betty White did. Look how that ended up...

20. ObeyTheFist

Oct 18, 2004
    i cried during that scene... I love cows.

but back to the topic. I just want to win enought to pay off some bills

21. black_8ight

black_8ight Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2004
    I'd party like it's 1999

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.