''If it would've been your mum . . .''

Discussion in 'Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Zahn Kenobi, Aug 18, 2004.

?

''If it would've been your mum . . .''

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
"Wipe them out. All of them." 132 vote(s) 59.5%
"No women. No children." 44 vote(s) 19.8%
Left them alone. 22 vote(s) 9.9%
Killed the women and the children, but spared the men. 3 vote(s) 1.4%
Killed the men and the women, but spared the children. 9 vote(s) 4.1%
Killed the children, but spared the men and the women. 2 vote(s) 0.9%
Killed the women, but spared the men and the children. 1 vote(s) 0.5%
Committed suicide. 1 vote(s) 0.5%
Other . . . ? 8 vote(s) 3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BenduHopkins Force Ghost

star 4
    I think I'd get the hell out of there with the body and call the cops. But I can see Anakin's mistake. However, he seems not to give a crap about the Geonosians and thats no issue. Squash!
  2. Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Youngling

star 6
    hmmm hard to judge untill you're in that 'type' of situation...which oddly enough...I've been in.
    I chose the wipe them out..all of them thingo because that's probably how I'd proceed.
  3. Twinky_Stryder Jedi Master

star 4
    Wipe them out, all of them.

Because:

a)Even women Tusckans can fight.

and

b)Tusckans have a strong sense of revenge, so then the children would coma after you some day.

4. rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling

star 6
    I would have left all defenseless ones.

But if the women and children were armed. "None, shall survive."
  5. TheForgottenJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Id go for the men but if any of the kids or women got in the way...... *SLICE* .
  6. WLDB Jedi Master

star 4
    Well I love this scene in the movie. Because Anakin is probobly doing what I would do. I love seeing those heads roll.

Well I would let the kids live.
  7. Navalina Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would've killed the men and women, but I would've spared the children. They're innocent.
  8. NidLoc Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I would have wiped them all out.Really you'd have to be an emotionless robot(or Yoda) not to go nuts if someone tortured and killed your mother(or father for that matter). We all have the ability to lose control like that. But I'm biased because my favorite characters in Star Wars are the Bad guys.
  9. Obi_Frans Jedi Master

star 4
    I'd like to think i'd NEVER 'off' the women and children.

I would most likely definitely go after the warrior tuskens though.
  10. Darth_Mimic Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe in equality, and I know women are just as dangerous as men. Babies might get left off the hit list. But if you're old enough to buy cigarettes (for example) then slicey slicey.
  11. master_organa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will....kill....Tuskens!
  12. BescinPrix Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would probably wipe out all the "Soldiers". And whoever tries to stop me. If they are women or children.... Too bad for them, I guess...
  13. BothofUs Jedi Master

star 4
    I have to be honest, I have no idea what the question of this Poll is asking

My mum? What is that supposed to mean?
  14. DarthNeil Jedi Master

star 4
    I would have killed them all then i would hunt down all the tribes so no one would suffer the same fate or go through finding there mum turtoerd and tied up like that.

I also would have sraked them to the ground and burned some of them alive.
  15. Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Master

star 4
    Mum = nickname for "mother"

He's asking if you would've reacted similarly to Anakin if you had been in his shoes in the infamous Tusken slaughter scene.

Just throwing my comments from the other thread onto here:

I really can't compare my situation to his. Even having my mother die wouldn't compare to Anakin's situation; I've had her with me almost my entire life, and I highly doubt she'll wind up dying, tortured and starved, in my arms. Part of what drives Anakin to such violent revenge, really, isn't just that his mother died - it's was the horrifying, unjust, cruel way it was done.

I will say that I do believe most anyone would have struggled with the Dark Side at that point - and alot of people, myself possibly included, wouldn't have been able to resist it. I don't know if I could've brought myself to kill children, though.
  16. DarthNeil Jedi Master

star 4
    Agree with Chaotic_Serenity i do, if you have not been in that place then you do not know how to react. But having been there with my dad i know how i would act.
  17. threepio_mania Jedi Knight

star 3
    I voted no women and no children, but I most likely wouldn't kill anyone unless they ran up to me and I had to defend myself. When you are killing them, how do you know you killed the people responsible for her death? Maybe it was only a minority of the tribe responsible. You would be killing some innocents and not even know it.
  18. Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Master

star 4
    I voted no women and no children, but I most likely wouldn't kill anyone unless they ran up to me and I had to defend myself. When you are killing them, how do you know you killed the people responsible for her death? Maybe it was only a minority of the tribe responsible. You would be killing some innocents and not even know it.

Anakin may have been playing by the rule of association. If you know that somebody is suffering, and you know it's individuals from your tribe, your family, your friends, etc. who are causing that suffering, many people will argue that you are as guilty as the actual tormentors for your negligence of action. It's sort of the idea that simply by lacking ignorance toward a certain wrong doing, you become an accomplice by silence alone.
  19. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    A SlaughterHouse festival would take place, On just the Women and Children. Sins of the Father would be in full effect. I would disarm my attackers, literally, so that they may live through the pain of their loss- while humiliated and with no means to ever attack anything again. They would remember me for the rest of their armless lives.

If I sensed any procreation, I would return.
  20. black_saber Force Ghost

star 4
    If anybody not just the tuskins but Terrorist or kiddnappers murdered or Executed my mom or friends anybody I love, I sure as hell would kick there ass. But I would not kill there women and childern because that would make me no different then them.
  21. NeoBaggins Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The difference would be that you did nothing to them or their Mothers in the first place. Death is too good for them. You would have to live with knowing your Mother was tourchered, beaten, and died as a result ( in your arms no less ). They must live with harsh memories also. What happens to their Children will be a result of their own actions. THEY, killed their Woman and Children when they killed my Mother. They are but a sacrafice to punish those responsable.

Revenge is revenge. There are no rules for it.
  22. Darth_Digital Jedi Master

star 4
    Now you see, its polls like this that really get my blood boiling.

Nothing against Obi-Zahn of course. I'm refering to the whole abandonment of ones mother theme.

I know this has been hacked to death since '99, but indulge me for a second.

I realize that its all dramatic licence and set up for the ultimate pay off of Revenge in Ep3, but come on.

Fantasy be damned; You have to apply a little Earth based realism here.

You remove a 10 year old boy from an isolated planet that allows cruelty and slavery to its citizens.

Those that 'liberated' this boy, take him to the brighest centre of the universe and give him a nice government job so to speak, and your telling me they forced him to go for 10 years without being able to contact, follow up, or otherwise liberate his mom?

That's nuts.

'Attachment is forbidden' be damned.

Surely common sense in such a organization would recognize the benefit of final 'peace of mind' for Anakin by shelling out cold hard cuurrency to free the woman.

"I didn't come here to free slaves."

What kind of hero is that?!

If such an circumstance was my path, I'd certainly kill ANY Tuskin that prevented me from removing my mother to the swoop.

Those that kept away would be the lucky ones.

Then, when it was all said and done I'd kill ALL the Jedi when I got back.

THEN myself in shame for allowing such stupidity to happen in the first place.

10 years folks.

Guardians of peace and justice?

Such rot.
  23. DarthNeil Jedi Master

star 4
    Anakin may have been playing by the rule of association. If you know that somebody is suffering, and you know it's individuals from your tribe, your family, your friends, etc. who are causing that suffering, many people will argue that you are as guilty as the actual tormentors for your negligence of action. It's sort of the idea that simply by lacking ignorance toward a certain wrong doing, you become an accomplice by silence alone.

This is true, if you see some girl get rapped and you say nothing then you are just as bad as the person that comited the crime.
  24. Ryloth_bounty_hunter Jedi Knight

star 2
    I would be hurt and angry, but not to the point of killing them.
  25. REALbluelightsaber Jedi Knight

star 1
    Of course I would like to say that I'd be a good little girl and just sneak out with my poor mom in my arms, but is that realistic?

HELL NO!

I'd be on their ass in a sec those sick twisted...

Then I'd feel like I'm a moral and ethical failure, but so were they, right?

alas-let's just hope and pray that that would never ever happen (well with humans that is not tuskans cause they don't exist)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.