main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

''If it would've been your mum . . .''

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Zahn Kenobi, Aug 18, 2004.

?

''If it would've been your mum . . .''

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. "Wipe them out. All of them."

59.5%
  2. "No women. No children."

19.8%
  3. Left them alone.

9.9%
  4. Killed the women and the children, but spared the men.

1.4%
  5. Killed the men and the women, but spared the children.

4.1%
  6. Killed the children, but spared the men and the women.

0.9%
  7. Killed the women, but spared the men and the children.

0.5%
  8. Committed suicide.

0.5%
  9. Other . . . ?

3.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow-Sith

Shadow-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2003
    I would have killed them all and given them fatal wounds that caused great suffering before they would finally die.

2. Snork

Snork Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 18, 2005
    "Wipe them out. All of them."

3. DarthNeil

DarthNeil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2003
    Chaotic_Serenity,

I have to say that you are wrong star wars dose show tuskans as being evil, if you can find one think showing a tusken doing good the you are right other wise you are wrong.

4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I have to say that you are wrong star wars dose show tuskans as being evil, if you can find one think showing a tusken doing good the you are right other wise you are wrong.

That's a bogus argument. There were films in the past that showed American Indians doing only bad things, would that mean that the audience were meant to think they were all evil ?
    The Tuskens are xenophobic but that doesn't mean they're all evil. They're at war with the settlers, but that doesn't mean they're all evil.

As for showing one thing showing them doing good:
    We're clearly shown that they live in a community, they're guarding that community, they have kids and they obviously look after them. That's good.
    Why show the community in this fashion if we're meant to think they're all evil ?

Just because they aren't presented as doing good towards humans doesn't make them all evil.

The onus is on you to prove that they're all evil.
    Go ahead.

g

5. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    I am sorry gezvader28 you are wrong tuskans are evil to everyone in the films not just humans. I mean in TPM in the podd race tuskans where shooting at the racers trying to kill them.

Also i have to say just because you live community or can have kids and can look after them dose not make them good. They will look after there own yes but all they do is attack anyone on site for no reason.

6. VCT

VCT Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2001
    Hmmm... an overwhelming majority in the "Wipe them out, all of them" camp. Which begs the question: If such overwhelming hate is the natural way to feel, and this hate for the Tuskens is what ultimately started Anakin down the dark path of becoming Vader -- then why are the Tuskens still alive and well and still unabashedly attacking Tatooine settlers by the time of ANH? Once Vader became the Emperor's right hand man, and thus the second-most powerful man in the galaxy, wouldn't his consuming hate of the Tuskens drive him to finish the job he started? He'd have all the resources of the Empire's New Order at his disposal. What would keep him from indeed "wiping them out, all of them" and making sure that no one else suffered the fate his mother did? After all, besides his hate, Vader is also a man driven by a twisted sense of justice -- and considering the hate that Anakin's fans feel towards the Tuskens, why the heck would Anakin/Vader himself conveniently forget about them?

7. DarthKarde

DarthKarde Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    Wipe them out. All of them

8. Chaotic_Serenity

Chaotic_Serenity Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 10, 2004
    Hmmm... an overwhelming majority in the "Wipe them out, all of them" camp. Which begs the question: If such overwhelming hate is the natural way to feel, and this hate for the Tuskens is what ultimately started Anakin down the dark path of becoming Vader -- then why are the Tuskens still alive and well and still unabashedly attacking Tatooine settlers by the time of ANH? Once Vader became the Emperor's right hand man, and thus the second-most powerful man in the galaxy, wouldn't his consuming hate of the Tuskens drive him to finish the job he started? He'd have all the resources of the Empire's New Order at his disposal. What would keep him from indeed "wiping them out, all of them" and making sure that no one else suffered the fate his mother did? After all, besides his hate, Vader is also a man driven by a twisted sense of justice -- and considering the hate that Anakin's fans feel towards the Tuskens, why the heck would Anakin/Vader himself conveniently forget about them?

Because he has much bigger fish to fry now that his hatred is pointed at the Jedi, the galaxy, everyone and their mother? o_O

The slaughter of the Tuskens, at the time it occurred, was an isolated, mostly reactionary act on Anakin's part in response to a powerful emotional stimulus. By the time Darth Vader appropriates and firmly establishes his power as the right hand man of the emperor, he's bound to have learned some restraint. His hatred is no funneled, focused on wiping out those who oppose him and whom he feels are deserving of death rather than just being an arbitrary killing machine. Additionally, I do believe the environmental incitation that a return to Tatooine may provide might be motivation enough for Vader to avoid it. As externally and internally hateful as he may be, why rejoin a world that brought him such suffering and pain?

Anakin Skywalker killed out of a sense of anger and grief, a need to avenge somebody he loved. Vader kills as a directive to gain power and authority. There's a distinct difference between the two following the transformation from one into the other.

9. VCT

VCT Jedi Master star 3

Jun 28, 2001
    A nice argument, but I'm not buying it. 96 votes (and counting) on this thread alone say "wipe them out, all of them" and if such seething hatred can exist among mere fans of a fictional character, then the character himself lacks believability if he lacks that hatred. Especially if hate and anger is supposedly what drives his entire being!

His hatred is no funneled, focused on wiping out those who oppose him and whom he feels are deserving of death rather than just being an arbitrary killing machine.

Let's see -- the Tuskens are the race solely responsible for kidnapping and torturing his mother to death -- that hardly makes them "arbitrary" targets for killing. Even as Anakin, he quite definitely felt that they were 'deserving of death.' ("They're animals and I slaughtered them like animals. I hate them!!") You can apply clever philosophical rationalities to the character all you want, but you can't convince me that the sheer drive of his anger and hatred towards these beings would remain forgotten or unaddressed by his character, no matter what the incarnation. And that is why I feel that Lucas' arbitrary, first-thing-that-came-to-mind use of the Tuskens as an all-too-convenient plot device was a lame idea and not properly reasoned out, similarly to a lot of the other inconsistencies in the PT.

10. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    This is beginning to turn into a whole other argument... let's just stick to the poll. :)

11. DarthNeil

Mar 24, 2003
    VCT,

Anakin hates the planet tat as well as the tuskens that is why obi hid there, it is to painfull for anakin to go back there.

12. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Left them alone. I think. :p

13. Tyranus230

Tyranus230 Jedi Master star 7

Feb 16, 2005
    Wipe them out. All of them. Kill them, burn the huts, salt the ground.

14. Matt-trooper

Matt-trooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 19, 2005
    I left them alone.

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I love my mom,so yes,they'd all be dead.

and the lightsaber would make everything so easy and clean.

16. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Slaughter them allin a hot, wild blind rage. ohhhh yeah.

17. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    A nice argument, but I'm not buying it. 96 votes (and counting) on this thread alone say "wipe them out, all of them" and if such seething hatred can exist among mere fans of a fictional character, then the character himself lacks believability if he lacks that hatred. Especially if hate and anger is supposedly what drives his entire being!

We are not talking about the character's believability right now. It's about how everyone here would react to their mother being tortured and killed. Anakin was human, so is everyone on this board. If they would "wipe them out", then that's what they'd do. It's not seething hatred, it's rage.

18. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    First my anger and hate would boil over(I don`t suggest you to be anywhere near me then) :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Then I would try to think as a human again and calm down a little.
    I probably would kill the men but not women and chilren(at least not yet).
    Killing the child who can change his life-path is wrong and unfair.

But if something involves the people who are dear to me I hate the man(or Tuskens) who killed my mother until the end of the time. That means they wouldn`t live long even if I don`t kill them right away [face_devil] [face_devil]

19. ExarKunPJ

ExarKunPJ Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2005
    Umm..

because I'm in touch with the dark side...

I would wipe them out all of them but I'd probably make it a bit more terrifying by lining them all up and killing their mothers and fathers.

Oldest mothers and fathers downwards. Until All the kids are left then I'd just kill them too!!

20. -diVe-

-diVe- Jedi Master

Jan 15, 2002
    If I encompassed the power and skill of Anakin, I would have killed everyone at that camp. His revenge was just, in my eyes.

21. WLDB

WLDB Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2004
    The only bad thing about sparing the women and children would be that one day the children would grow up. You think they wont remember what you did to their father/brother etc?

22. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    They'd all be gone.

Cut down and blown away like dust in the wind...

23. Starshine

Starshine Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    The only bad thing about sparing the women and children would be that one day the children would grow up. You think they wont remember what you did to their father/brother etc?

That`s not a problem. I have nothing against it if I need to kill them twice [face_devil]

24. Master_Trance

Master_Trance Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2005
    Id kill the ones that captured her

25. Poisoned_Mia

Poisoned_Mia Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2005
    The Tuskens would have done the world a favor.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.