main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

if jimmy goes . . .. I GO! ! ! ! Sign in here. . . .

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MysteryWhiteBoy8, Oct 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I wanted to say that I agree with Balance_Point. I also agree with darthparth and ?Vergere-, though I would never have been so harsh.

I understand why people would want to stop reading Star Wars after Jimmy?s death, and it doesn?t always have to be because Jimmy is that person?s favorite character. Some of us read Star Wars because it takes us away from reality and it puts us into a universe where there is always a happy ending; something that reality often lacks. Yes there is death in war, but some of us didn?t get into Star Wars to read about the truth of war. We got into it to read a story where the good guys win all the time, and the bad guys are always pushed back. That is what the Star Wars universe has meant to some of us and that is what has changed about it in the NJO.

I too enjoy the NJO and am looking forward to reading Star by Star. However, I do have sympathy for those who don?t like the way the NJO has taken things. It isn?t the same Star Wars that we have been reading since the beginning and some people my not be happy with the change. That is to be expected, and excepted if we intend to understand each other.

That?s just my opinion.

2. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Okay, how hard is it to understand what I said about not talking about ANYTHING to do with this outside of the original thread????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.